LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which culture should be spoiled next?

Dwarves  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Elves  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Gandalf  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Total Votes : 14
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:54 am
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
I skipped the Orc, because there are only two, and there’s just one Sauron card, I thought I’d put them together.

2 A Dark Path Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a minion.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may make the Free Peoples player choose: add 2, or have you make the next site lose or gain a keyword of your choice.
Shadow: Discard this condition to play a Orc minion from your discard pile.
"I do not know the way."

Make it non-unique and the shadow ability a maneuver ability, then it would be balanced. (If it’s in the maneuver phase, you can’t replace it after you discard it and do it again!)

10 •Cave Troll of Moria, Monstrous Menace Orc
Minion • Troll
Strength: 15
Vitality: 4
Site: 4
Damage +1. Enduring. Fierce.
For each wound on the Cave Troll, it is Attacked +1.
"They have a cave troll!"

Note: Attacked +1 is like Defender +1, but in this case you can assign multiple companions to one minion, instead of assigning multiple minions to one companion.

Attacked is interesting, but could do with a better name. Fun!

10 •Sauron, Shadow over Middle-Earth Sauron
Minion • Maia
Vitality: 5
Site: 6
When you play Sauron, discard all minions. You may not play minions.
After you resolve a skirmish involving Sauron, you may assign him to a companion that did not skirmish since the Shadow phase.
During a skirmish involving Sauron the Free Peoples’ player may discard a card from hand to heal a companion in that skirmish or make a companion in that skirmish strength +1.
"There are none that can."

There’s no reason to not make this guy the usual sauron stats. He should cost 16 and be strength 24 with a couple of keywords thrown in. As for his ability, it’s too good, even as he is now (a guaranteed strength 15 minion on the ring-bearer). You can replace the whole first paragraph with ’Discard all other minions’, and the reassigning should either have a limit, or a cost, or both. Interesting card though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:36 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
I skipped the Orc, because there are only two, and there’s just one Sauron card, I thought I’d put them together.

2 A Dark Path Orc
Condition • Support Area
To play, exert a minion.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may make the Free Peoples player choose: add 2, or have you make the next site lose or gain a keyword of your choice.
Shadow: Discard this condition to play a Orc minion from your discard pile.
"I do not know the way."
make it unique.

10 •Cave Troll of Moria, Monstrous Menace Orc
Minion • Troll
Site: 4
Damage +1. Enduring. Fierce.
For each wound on the Cave Troll, it is Attacked +1.
"They have a cave troll!"

Note: Attacked +1 is like Defender +1, but in this case you can assign multiple companions to one minion, instead of assigning multiple minions to one companion.
wait so you can assign him to a skirmish? or they can assign him to a skirmish and put more then one guy on him? if so sure.

10 •Sauron, Shadow over Middle-Earth Sauron
Minion • Maia
Site: 6
When you play Sauron, discard all minions. You may not play minions.
After you resolve a skirmish involving Sauron, you may assign him to a companion that did not skirmish since the Shadow phase.
During a skirmish involving Sauron the Free Peoples’ player may discard a card from hand to heal a companion in that skirmish or make a companion in that skirmish strength +1.
"There are none that can."

very very interesting. cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:42 am
Thanks for the comments!

Some more explanation on Attacked: if a minion is Attacked +1, it means the Free Peoples player can assign one additional companion to that skirmish (and two additional companions if it is Attacked +2, etc.). The strength of those two companions would be added, as would any hunter, damage bonuses, etc.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:45 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
OK that explains that GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:39 pm
Adjusted the cards. I kinda like to stick to the idea I had for Sauron, and that wouldn’t really work with his old stats, so I’ll keep the stats as I have them now, unless other people think I should change them.

Anyway, here are the Shire cards.

I had a ’new’ mechanic (I think this was already done on D’s boards as well, and saw it here also) featuring multiple characters on one card. I thought I’d put it in a loaded keyword like this: Group: character A, character B. These would be the rules behind it: You may not play this card if you spot character A, or if you spot character B. Character A, and character B may not be played. Cards that affect character A, and cards that affect character B may be used with this character.

Enough babbling, here are the cards:

2 •Bilbo, Bearer of Trinkets Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Ringed Resistance: 5
Ring-bound.
Bilbo is resistance +1 for each Shire card he bears.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may add a burden to play a Shire possession or follower from your draw deck.
"Oh, what business is it of yours what I do with my own things?"

0 •Frodo and Sam, Adventurers Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 5
Ringed Resistance: 8
Group: Frodo, Sam. Ring-bearer. Ring-bound.
Each time you assign this companion to a skirmish, add a burden.
Skirmish: Exert Frodo and Sam twice to make them strength +1 for each different keyword on the site path.
"If I take one more step, it’ll be the farthest away from home I’ve ever been."

2 •Merry and Pippin, Little Rascals Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Resistance: 8
Group: Merry, Pippin.
Each time a minion is played, add 1, and you may exert this companion to wound that minion.
"Great! Where are we going?"

1 •Sting, Wonderful Weapon Shire
Strength: +2
Bearer must be a ring-bound Hobbit.
Fellowship: If bearer is Bilbo, exert him and discard a Shire card from hand to draw two cards.
Maneuver: If bearer is Sam, exert him and discard a Shire card from hand to exert a minion.
Regroup: If bearer is Frodo, exert him and discard a Shire card from hand to heal a Hobbit twice.
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Tue May 22, 2007 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 2:52 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
2 •Bilbo, Bearer of Trinkets Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Ringed Resistance: 5
Bilbo is resistance +1 for each Shire card he bears.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may add a burden to play a Shire possession or follower from your draw deck.
"Oh, what business is it of yours what I do with my own things?"

Neat! Make sure to make him Ring-bound, though.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
0 •Frodo and Sam, Adventurers Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ringed Resistance: 8
Group: Frodo, Sam. Ring-bearer.
Each time you assign this companion to a skirmish, add a burden.
Skirmish: Exert Frodo and Sam twice to make them +1 for each different keyword on the site path.
"If I take one more step, it’ll be the farthest away from home I’ve ever been."

The "group" thing works, but I think you could get away with doing what I’ve done, and simply do something like "•Frodo & •Sam" and do "Companions • Hobbits". But the way you have it is certainly clear.

Anyway, make sure to bold "Skirmish:", and say "Frodo and Sam" instead of "this companion". And for the skirmish ability, what is the +1 applied to? Strength? Resistance?

Oh, and don’t forget Ring-bound here, too. Thumbs Up

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
2 •Merry and Pippin, Little Rascals Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Resistance: 8
Group: Merry, Pippin.
Each time a minion is played add 1 and you may exert this companion to wound that minion.
"Great! Where are we going?"

Cost needs to be higher...3 at least, and probably even 4. The ability is very unclear. Needs to be worded one of two ways (depending on what you mean for it to do):

Each time a minion is played, add 1, and you may exert Merry and Pippin to wound that minion.

What I suspect you REALLY want, though, is this:

Each time a minion is played, you may add 1 and exert Merry and Pippin to wound that minion.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
1 •Sting, Wonderful Weapon Shire
Strength: +2
Bearer must be a Hobbit.
Fellowship: If bearer is Bilbo, exert him and discard a Shire card from hand to draw two cards.
Maneuver: If bearer is Sam, exert him and discard a Shire card from hand to exert a minion.
Regroup: If bearer is Frodo, exert him and discard a Shire card from hand to heal a Hobbit twice.

Good, but I’d limit it to Ring-bound Hobbits.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:02 pm
There I was thinking I bolded everything that needed bolding. Very Happy
Actually, I meant for Merry and Pippin to have the first ability. Does the cost still need to increase then? And as for the group thing, with your implementation, do they count as 1 or 2 companions? I’d like to count them as just 1, so that’s why I went for the Group thing.

Anyway, thanks ever so much for the comments! GP

(And do you need to add ring-bound to a card that automatically is the ring-bearer?)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:04 pm
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
There I was thinking I bolded everything that needed bolding. Very Happy
Actually, I meant for Merry and Pippin to have the first ability. Does the cost still need to increase then? And as for the group thing, with your implementation, do they count as 1 or 2 companions? I’d like to count them as just 1, so that’s why I went for the Group thing.

Ah. Well then yes, Merry and Pippin are okay at 2.

In my version, they count as 2 companions, so if you want them to count as just one, then the group thing is probably the way to go.

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
(And do you need to add ring-bound to a card that automatically is the ring-bearer?)

Technically no, but it’s good practice.

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:24 am
Hmm, with the current announcement I’m wondering how close my 40-card Icons-set is going to be to the 40-card Age’s End-set. Here are my Uruk-Hai cards:

7 •Lurtz, Battle-hardened [Uruk-Hai]
Minion • Uruk-Hai
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Site: 5
Archer. Damage +1. Lurker.
Each time an [Uruk-Hai] wins a skirmish, you may shuffle that minion in your draw deck to draw a card.
"Whom do you serve?"

3 •The Fighting Uruk-Hai [Uruk-Hai]
Condition • Support Area
At the start of the assignment phase, you may exert a minion to assign that minion to an unbound companion. That companion may exert to prevent that.
Each wounded Uruk-Hai skirmishing a wounded companion is damage +1.
"Now... perfected."
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Wed May 23, 2007 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:09 am
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Hmm, with the current announcement I’m wondering how close my 40-card Icons-set is going to be to the 40-card Age’s End-set.

Dunno, but yours will probably be better. Razz

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
7 •Lurtz, Battle-hardened [Uruk-Hai]
Minion • Uruk-Hai
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Site: 5
Archer. Damage +1. Lurker.
Each time an [Uruk-Hai] wins a skirmish, you may shuffle that minion in your draw deck to draw a card.
"Whom do you serve?"

Interesting and useful ability. I like it. Thumbs Up

WeyounsLastClone wrote:
3 •The Fighting Uruk-Hai [Uruk-Hai]
Condition • Support Area
Each wounded minion skirmishing a wounded companion is damage +1.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may exert an Uruk-Hai to assign that minion to an unbound companion. That companion may exert to prevent that.
"Now... perfected."

Good stuff.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards