LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Which culture should be spoiled next?

Dwarves  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Elves  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Gandalf  
35%
  [ 5 ]  35%

Total Votes : 14
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Hmm, with the current announcement I’m wondering how close my 40-card Icons-set is going to be to the 40-card Age’s End-set. Here are my Uruk-Hai cards:

7 •Lurtz, Battle-hardened [Uruk-Hai]
Minion • Uruk-Hai
Strength: 13
Vitality: 3
Site: 5
Archer. Damage +1. Lurker.
Each time an [Uruk-Hai] wins a skirmish, you may shuffle that minion in your draw deck to draw a card.
"Whom do you serve?"
nice I guess.

3 •The Fighting Uruk-Hai [Uruk-Hai]
Condition • Support Area
Each wounded minion skirmishing a wounded companion is damage +1.
At the start of the assignment phase, you may exert an Uruk-Hai to assign that minion to an unbound companion. That companion may exert to prevent that.
"Now... perfected."

ok the fact you can splash it in any deck is too good. give it some culture enforcement
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:37 pm
Each of the new cultures Orc, Evil Men and Uruk-Hai have a card in this set that does something for every minion, with an added bonus for the culture itself. Is it really too powerful?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:40 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I don’t think so, no, since the main ability can only be used once per assignment phase.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:41 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I don’t think so, no, since the main ability can only be used once per assignment phase.

but the first ability is pretty nice. I honestly think it is.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:45 pm
What if I changed the abilities around? Have the damage +1 one only be gained by Uruk-Hai, and have the assignment for everyone. Or would that be too powerful as well?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:46 pm
that would be perfect.
"DáinIronfoot"
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:58 pm
Changed! Thanks for the comments, guys!

Here are the two Wraith cards:

0 •The Nine Rings of Men Wraith
Artifact • Support Area
Each unbound companion skirmishing a minion bearing a Wraith ring is strength -1 and resistance -1.
Shadow or Regroup: Exert a Nazgul and remove 3 [Nazgul] cards in your discard pile from the game (or discard a Wraith ring) to add 1 (or 3 if in the Regroup phase).
"And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of men, who, above all else, desire power."

8 •Witch-King, Dark Lord Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 14
Vitality: 4
Site: 3
Fierce.
To play, spot a Wraith card.
Each character is strength +1.
While you can spot 3 threats, each minion is strength +1.
While you can spot 3 burdens, each companion is strength -1.
"Great kings of men."
Last edited by WeyounsLastClone on Thu May 24, 2007 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:26 pm
WeyounsLastClone wrote:
Changed! Thanks for the comments, guys!

Here are the two Wraith cards:

0 •The Nine Ring of Men Wraith
Artifact • Support Area
Each unbound companion skirmishing a minion bearing a Wraith ring is strength -1 and resistance -1.
Regroup: Discard a Wraith ring or exert a Nazgul and remove 3 [Nazgul] cards in your discard pile from the game to add 2.
"And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of men, who, above all else, desire power."

Should be ’Rings’. Regroup should be bolded! The regroup ability is too complicated and not good enough. If it was a shadow ability, that would be rocking! The condition should cost 1 or 2 and the ability should either get rid of the ’exert a Nazgul’ bit, or put it in brackets so it’s clearer.

8 •Witch-King, Dark Lord Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Strength: 14
Vitality: 4
Site: 3
Fierce.
Each character is strength +1.
While you can spot 2 threats, each minion is strength +1.
While you can spot 2 burdens, each companion is strength -1.
"Great kings of men."

His first sentence makes little difference, though it makes sense stylistically. I’d make the other two trigger off higher numbers, say 4, otherwise I think it’s too easy. Plus, this is an unbelievable splash. Maybe it should say ’to play spot a Wraith card’.

Nice ideas.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:15 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I agree with Thranduil’s review. Go with that, and all will be well. Thumbs Up
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:03 am
I’ve changed them a bit. Thanks for the comments!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards