LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
oldskoolmoria
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:10 pm
hi everyone, im thinking about returning to LOTR after a VERY long drought ... i used to play moria swarms (extremely well), but about the time that the return of the king set came out i kinda lost touch with the game... standard format is clearly not for me. there are a lot of new cards to integrate, so for expanded format, is it possible to play a duel old school globlin runner/scavenger/armory/TAC combination with some of the new generic orc cards? is such a mix allowed? i know there would be compatibility issues, but its just an idea im throwing out. i have always loved swarms and i think thats the only shadow i could play. just wanted a clarification on the formats, thanks.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:19 pm
Expanded means you can use ANY card printed except those on the expanded format x-list. Then there’s a restricted list that means only one copy per deck.

Oh yeah, sites. Sites in expanded must be from the new Shadows site-path.

Moria rocks. I run an expanded Moria deck with good ol’ enquea (that happens to be FotR legal as well), that still WHUPS EVERYTHING. In expanded...Twisted Evil

Except for stupid archery...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:26 pm
NBarden wrote:
Expanded means you can use ANY card printed except those on the expanded format x-list. Then there’s a restricted list that means only one copy per deck.

Oh yeah, sites. Sites in expanded must be from the new Shadows site-path.

Moria rocks. I run an expanded Moria deck with good ol’ enquea (that happens to be FotR legal as well), that still WHUPS EVERYTHING. In expanded...Twisted Evil

Except for stupid archery...

Just throw Elven Armaments into your shadow side and hope no one notices. Laughing

Oh, and on the topic, make sure you aren’t trying to use the Moria and Orc culture symbols interchangably. They can’t do that. Some people, especially when returning to the game after a while, are confused about that, it seems.

However, the two cultures can work well together.

Anyways, Spurred to Battle is an Orc card that works great in Moria swarms. Thumbs Up
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:45 pm
Except you need Orc minions to play it...Rolling Eyes. I can give you a good, broken, expanded Orc deck that everyone hates and throws out tons of minions. And it needs no Spurred to Battle.

BTW, the Elven Armaments comment was really stupid. Sorry Rolling Eyes

Goblin Archer is better.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:49 pm
NBarden wrote:
Except you need Orc minions to play it...Rolling Eyes.

Well, if you use an Orc/Moria deck...

Quote:
BTW, the Elven Armaments comment was really stupid. Sorry Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the insult to my intelligence. I get those a lot around here.

Quote:
Goblin Archer is better.

If you’ve got five twilight to spare, then sure.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:50 pm
Relics of Moria + 4x Goblin armory? If you DON’T have enough twilight to spare, you got a big problem. Unless you use the Underdeeps.

Anyway, I don’t see how it would be worse than Elven Armaments...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions