LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:50 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Okay, I’ll be putting all the cards in this thread now.

Just a quick list of changes from the normal rules:

The ring-bearer has become Hero (tell me if you can think of something better, though.)

The Ring has become The Curse of Morgoth

The Fellowship has become the Company.

The FP player can control sites.

Unique events are events which may only be used once per game. They go in a sort of "dead pile for events" after use. Only Valar events will be unique.

The cultures:
Dwarven: Dwarven
Edain: Snow
Elven: Elven
Evil Men: Men
Gaurwaith: Green
Morgoth/Sauron: Sauron
Orc: Orc
Valar: Gandalf

The cards so far:

The Curse of Morgoth, Pursuing Fate Ring
Vitality +1
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, you may add a burden to fall under the Curse until the regroup phase.
While under the Curse, each time the Hero is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
“‘Beyond the Circles of the World I shall not pursue them…. But within them they shall not escape me…’”

2 *Turin, Son of Hurin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Ringed Resistance 9
Curse-bound.
While Turin is your Hero, each time the company moves, add 2 or a burden.
Skirmish: Exert Turin twice and discard a Snow card from hand to make him strength +4.
“‘I shall go as a soldier with an Elf-King, as soon as I am able.’”
Last edited by AgentDrake on Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:07 pm; edited 32 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 12:52 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’ll be starting with Edain, just because it got a vote, and that’s what I have the most cards of so far.
Among other things, the Edain discard Snow cards to do stuff. (Then, when possible, they like to get them back...)

3 *Dorlas, Headstrong Warrior Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 8
Vitality 3
Resistance 5
Hunter 1.
To play, spot an Snow companion.
While you can spot more minions than companions, Dorlas is defender +1.
Maneuver: Discard Dorlas to take an Snow card (except a companion) into hand from your discard pile.
“‘…I would ever go forward rather than wait for a foe.’”

2 *Sador, Labadal Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Fellowship: Discard an Snow possession from hand and exert Sador to remove a burden.
“‘I have nothing to equal your gift… but what I can do, I will.’”

1 Trifles Unbidden Snow
Event – Fellowship
Exert an Snow companion (or spot Sador) to play an Snow possession or artifact with cost 1 or less from your discard pile.
Sador would often of his own accord make great works for the House of Hador, though he rarely completed the tasks which were set before him.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Thu May 10, 2007 2:18 pm; edited 3 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:15 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Vitality +1
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, you may add a burden to fall under the Curse until the regroup phase.
While under the Curse, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
“‘Beyond the Circles of the World I shall not pursue them…. But within them they shall not escape me…’”

Fine and simple.

2 Turin, Son of Hurin [Snow]
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Ringed Resistance 9
While Turin is your hero, each time the company moves, add 2 or a burden.
Skirmish: Exert Turin twice and discard a [Snow] card from hand to make him strength +4.

A strong ’curse-bearer’ with a built-in strength boost? Seems a bit weird. Good though.

Companion – Man
Strength 8
Vitality 3
Resistance 5
Maneuver: Discard Dorlas to take an Snow card (except a companion) into hand from your discard pile.

Why except a companion? All you can play from the maneuver phase onwards is events? Nice ability.

2 *Sador, Labadal Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Fellowship: Discard an Snow possession from hand and exert Sador to remove a burden.

Obviously, I don’t know all that you have in mind, but I’d rather play possessions than use Sador’s ability. Also, are there any alternate curse-bearers? If there aren’t, his spotting requirement is wasted.

1 Trifles Unbidden Snow
Event – Fellowship
Exert an Snow companion (or spot Sador) and add 1 to play an Snow possession or artifact with cost 1 or less from your draw deck or discard pile.
Sador would often of his own accord make great works for the House of Hador, though he rarely completed the tasks which were set before him.

Why does it say ’add 1’ in its text? why don’t you just make the printed cost 2? Cool stuff.

I look forward to seeing the cards.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:20 pm
There will be at least one alternate Cursebearer, and at least one Turin in the Gaurwaith culture, so Sador’s spotting isn’t entirely wasted.

And Dorlas can’t grab companions, so that he can’t discard to get another copy of himself (which would be able to be played out of phase using something else...) and basically heal all wounds on him for minimal cost.

GP for being the first review!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:34 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Companion – Man
Strength 8
Vitality 3
Resistance 5

A bit underpowered. I would add hunter 1. Smile

AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Sador, Labadal Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7

Neat! Very Happy

AgentDrake wrote:
2 Trifles Unbidden Snow
Event – Fellowship
Exert an Snow companion (or spot Sador) to play an Snow possession or artifact with cost 1 or less from your draw deck or discard pile.

I think you can drop the cost to 1. Thumbs Up

I have not (yet) read The Children of Hurin, but I am going to pick up a copy as soon as possible. Until then, I probably will not be steadily reviewing, since I don’t know squat about what happens in the book. Razz Once I have read it, though, I’ll start reviewing. Cool
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:42 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
Vitality +1
While under the Curse, each time bearer is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.

I think it would be good to say "the Hero" instead of "bearer", just because that’s how The One Ring always was.

AgentDrake wrote:
2 Turin, Son of Hurin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Ringed Resistance 9
While Turin is your hero, each time the company moves, add 2 or a burden.
Skirmish: Exert Turin twice and discard a Snow card from hand to make him strength +4.

Nice, high-resistance Hero. (Speaking of which, much like "Ring-bearer" was always capitalized, I would recommend always capitalizing "Hero". Entirely up to you, of course.)

Question: I assume the 2, should you choose to add that, would be in addition to the 1 he normally adds when moving?

Also, I like his skirmish ability, but it may be a little more practical to have it exert once and discard for a +2 boost. Again, entirely up to you.

Oh, one thing I WOULD change: add a uniqueness dot before his name. Razz

AgentDrake wrote:
Companion – Man
Strength 8
Vitality 3
Resistance 5

Interesting. He’s alright...that defender isn’t likely to trigger super-often, but that’s okay. His high strength alone makes him a nice guy tio have around, and that maneuver ability can save you when you REALLY need a card back, I suppose.

AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Sador, Labadal Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7

Good.

AgentDrake wrote:
2 Trifles Unbidden Snow
Event – Fellowship
Exert an Snow companion (or spot Sador) to play an Snow possession or artifact with cost 1 or less from your draw deck or discard pile.

Awesome combo with Sador, Labadal.

GP for what looks like it’s going to be a fun set, even though I don’t get half of it so far. Laughing
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:16 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
I’ll be starting with Edain, just because it got a vote, and that’s what I have the most cards of so far.
Among other things, the Edain discard Snow cards to do stuff. (Then, when possible, they like to get them back...)

Companion – Man
Strength 8
Vitality 3
Resistance 5
Hunter 1.
I’d consider upping the cost to 4.

2 *Sador, Labadal Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Nice.

1 Trifles Unbidden Snow
Event – Fellowship
Not from deck. Otherwise, with Sador, you could play almost every possession you’ve got, plus every one from your discard pile.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:18 pm
Ah, nice catch on Trifles.
Thanks!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 2:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:

Companion – Man
Strength 8
Vitality 3
Resistance 5
Hunter 1.
it works

2 *Sador, Labadal Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
again nice

1 Trifles Unbidden Snow
Event – Fellowship
Exert an Snow companion (or spot Sador) to play an Snow possession or artifact with cost 1 or less from your discard pile.

sweet!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:25 pm
Thanks, everyone!

Some more Snow stuff.

GP for the first review.

There are going to be two main strategies for the Edain; the discard pile stuff which I’m working on right now, and there will be the unloaded Rebel keyword for those who sayed in Hithlum when the Easterlings took over.
Quick note: In case you couldn’t guess, Curse-bound replaces Ring-bound

4 *Gethron, Guide from Dor-Lomin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 7
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Curse-bound.
While Gethreon is in your starting company, he is twilight cost -2.
While the Company is at a mountain site, Gethron gains muster.
Maneuver: If the Company is not at a mountain site, exert Gethron to heal another curse-bound companion.
“Then Gethron spoke the message of Morwen before Thingol and Melian…”

1 Mail of the Edain Snow
Possession – Armor
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make each minion skirmishing bearer lose all damage bonuses and unable to gain damage bonuses until the regroup phase.

2 Warrior of Dor-Lomin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may exert him to take an Snow card into hand from your discard pile.
“…there they would stand to the end”
Last edited by AgentDrake on Thu May 10, 2007 9:20 pm; edited 2 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards