LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:31 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
4 *Gethron, Guide from Dor-Lomin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 7
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Curse-bound.
While Gethreon is in your starting company, he is twilight cost -2.
While the Company is at a mountain site, Gethron gains muster.
Maneuver: If the Company is not at a mountain site, exert Gethron to heal a curse-bound companion.
“Then Gethron spoke the message of Morwen before Thingol and Melian…”

Interesting. Just watch out any infinite loops with his second ability, like the new Faramir and Steward’s Legacy!

1 Mail of the Edain Snow
Possession – Armor
Vitality +1
Skirmish: If bearer is skirmishing a minion with a damage bonus, discard this possession to make that minion lose all damage bonuses and unable to gain damage bonuses until the regroup phase.

You don’t need the first bit surely? Unless you think that minions will gain damage bonuses in the skirmish phase after this event is played, and even then it’s not very necessary. I like the connection between the abilities, either be able to take 1 more wound, or make them cause less wounds! I like, though I would consider raising its cost to 2, but maybe not.

2 Warrior of Dor-Lomin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may exert him to take an Snow card into hand from your discard pile.
“…there they would stand to the end”
Good, solid and simple. Good stuff.

GP when I can.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri May 11, 2007 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:08 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thanks for the review! GP as soon as I’m able!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:17 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
The Curse of Morgoth, Pursuing Fate Ring
Vitality +1
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, you may add a burden to fall under the Curse until the regroup phase.
While under the Curse, each time the Hero is about to take a wound, add a burden instead.
“‘Beyond the Circles of the World I shall not pursue them…. But within them they shall not escape me…’”

Cool!

AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Turin, Son of Hurin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Ringed Resistance 9
While Turin is your Hero, each time the company moves, add 2 or a burden.
Skirmish: Exert Turin twice and discard a Snow card from hand to make him strength +4.
“‘I shall go as a soldier with an Elf-King, as soon as I am able.’”

Nice.

AgentDrake wrote:
3 *Dorlas, Headstrong Warrior Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 8
Vitality 3
Resistance 5
Hunter 1.
To play, spot an Snow companion.
While you can spot more minions than companions, Dorlas is defender +1.
Maneuver: Discard Dorlas to take an Snow card (except a companion) into hand from your discard pile.
“‘…I would ever go forward rather than wait for a foe.’”

I think I would drop the "(except a companion)" part, since it would really just clog up your hand if you took a companion.

AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Sador, Labadal Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
To play, spot an Snow companion.
Fellowship: Discard an Snow possession from hand and exert Sador to remove a burden.
“‘I have nothing to equal your gift… but what I can do, I will.’”

If this could also work in the maneuver phase, it would combo nicely with Dorlas.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Trifles Unbidden Snow
Event – Fellowship
Exert an Snow companion (or spot Sador) to play an Snow possession or artifact with cost 1 or less from your discard pile.
Sador would often of his own accord make great works for the House of Hador, though he rarely completed the tasks which were set before him.

Cool... but it would be even better if you upped the cost to 3 and let it work on possessions/artifacts from your discard pile or draw deck.

AgentDrake wrote:
4 *Gethron, Guide from Dor-Lomin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 7
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Curse-bound.
While Gethreon is in your starting company, he is twilight cost -2.
While the Company is at a mountain site, Gethron gains muster.
Maneuver: If the Company is not at a mountain site, exert Gethron to heal a curse-bound companion.
“Then Gethron spoke the message of Morwen before Thingol and Melian…”

With Curse-bound being a new unloaded keyword, shouldn’t Turin have it? After all he would still seem to be curse-bound even if he wasn’t the Hero.

"Company" doesn’t need to be capitalized, but I like it. Maybe make him heal another curse-bound companion, so that there isn’t any chance for another infinite combo like the one with Steward’s Legacy and the new Faramir. Very Happy

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Mail of the Edain Snow
Possession – Armor
Vitality +1
Skirmish: Discard this possession to make each minion skirmishing bearer lose all damage bonuses and unable to gain damage bonuses until the regroup phase.

Nice.

AgentDrake wrote:
2 Warrior of Dor-Lomin Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Each time this companion wins a skirmish, you may exert him to take an Snow card into hand from your discard pile.
“…there they would stand to the end”

Very cool.

GP for the cool cards! If you ever need any help with this set, give me a call; as soon as I read Children of Hurin, I was thinking about making a DC set, but you beat me to it. Wink

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thanks for catching the Cursebound on Turin.
I’m still getting used to adding that instead of Ring-bound.
On Dorlas, unfortunately if I take out the "except a companion" it opens up a potential infinite vitality loop with some other stuff.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
gil-estel
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:20 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Great idea, would be great to have a set dedicated to former Era’s. Imagine elves like Fingolfin and others.

I already made a spoiler once...for Túrin. Hope you don’t mind if I add it here:
It is an artifact ofcourse...such a great blade!

2Gurthang, Black Blade.
strength: +2.
Bearer must be a men or an elf. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: If bearer is Túrin, exert bearer to wound a minion skirmishing him once. (or twice if that minion is a dragon)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 6:35 am
gil-estel wrote:
Great idea, would be great to have a set dedicated to former Era’s. Imagine elves like Fingolfin and others.

I already made a spoiler once...for Túrin. Hope you don’t mind if I add it here:
It is an artifact ofcourse...such a great blade!

2Gurthang, Black Blade.
strength: +2.
Bearer must be a men or an elf. Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: If bearer is Túrin, exert bearer to wound a minion skirmishing him once. (or twice if that minion is a dragon)

Wow that seems a bit powerful wounding any minion. Its a useful sword but maybe a bit too good.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:45 am
Today, we’re doing some generic hand weapons for the Edain. Stuff like Gurthang will be coming later, with the artifacts. The banner is a sort of temporary weapon that you can use while your other possessions are being discarded by the likes of Sador, Turin, and others. There will be one other hand weapon which I’ll post when we get to the rebels.

1 Banner of Hador Snow
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, discard this possession to play an Snow possession from your discard pile.
"…his golden banner was unfurled, and the trumpets sang again in the morning…."

1 Edain Sword Snow
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Snow man.
While bearer has resistance 7 or more, he or she is strength +1.
“‘Let the heir of the House of Hador see the light of your swords!’”

2 Lacho Calad! Snow
Event – Skirmish
Make an Snow companion strength +3 (or +4 if that companion is bearing a hand weapon and has resistance 7 or more.)
“And the sun glittered on fifty blades as they leaped forth…”
Last edited by AgentDrake on Fri May 11, 2007 11:34 am; edited 3 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:27 am
AgentDrake wrote:
1 Banner of Hador Snow
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may remove a threat.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, discard this possession to play an Snow possession from your discard pile.
…his golden banner was unfurled, and the trumpets sang again in the morning….

Nice.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Edain Sword Snow
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Snow man.
While bearer is resistance 7 or more, he or she is strength +1.
“‘Let the heir of the House of Hador see the light of your swords!’”

I think it technically should be "While bearer has resistance 7 or more..."

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Lacho Calad! Snow
Event – Skirmish
Make an Snow companion strength +3 (or +4 if that companion is bearing a hand weapon and is resistance 7 or more.)
“And the sun glittered on fifty blades as they leaped forth…”

Definitely increase the cost to 2.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:33 am
Thanks!
GP for first review!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:34 am
Oh, and the skirmish event has the same problem with "is" and "has".

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards