LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:19 am
AgentDrake wrote:

I can still review right?

1 *Jealousy Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
When you play this condition, place a Dwarven token here.
Each time the Fellowship moves, you may remove 2 to reinforce a Dwarven token here.
Skirmish: Remove a Dwarven token here to make a Dwarf minion strength +1.
“And ever the more did hatred grow in the heart of Mim….”

Hmmm not that useful, only good for getting tokens that might be used for other things, the condition isnt too good.

1 *Secret Tongue Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
When you play this condition, you may place two Dwarven tokens here.
Maneuver: Remove a Dwarven token here or discard this condition to make a Dwarf minion gain muster until the end of the regroup phase.
“‘They have no name, save in the Dwarf-tongue which we do not teach.’”

Fine.

3 *Undiscovered Secrets Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
To play, exert a Dwarf minion.
When you play this condition, you may place a Dwarven token here.
Regroup: Exert a Dwarf minion with muster and remove a Dwarven tokens here to shuffle a Dwarven stealth event into your draw deck from your discard pile.
“‘Wild Elves know them not; Grey Elves have not found them; the proud ones from over the Sea are too proud to delve.’”

Drop cost to 2 imho and should be token not tokens.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:25 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
1 *Jealousy Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Each time the Fellowship moves, you may remove 2 to reinforce a Dwarven token here.
Skirmish: Remove a Dwarven token here to make a Dwarf minion strength +1.

Given that it’s unique, I suggest making it add +2 strength instead.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 *Secret Tongue Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Maneuver: Remove a Dwarven token here or discard this condition to make a Dwarf minion gain muster until the end of the regroup phase.

Do you need until the end of the regroup phase? Muster happens at the start of the regroup phase, so wouldn’t it still work if you just said ’until the regroup phase’? I think it should be non-unique, but it’s fine otherwise.

AgentDrake wrote:
3 *Undiscovered Secrets Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Regroup: Exert a Dwarf minion with muster and remove a Dwarven tokens here to shuffle a Dwarven stealth event into your draw deck from your discard pile.
“‘Wild Elves know them not; Grey Elves have not found them; the proud ones from over the Sea are too proud to delve.’”

This needs a lot more. Either take the event into hand, add a token for each Dwarven minion or condition, or make it cost 0 (or 1 without the exertion).

Interesting theme, but I think it needs a little more umph.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:01 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alright, further tweaked. I’ll hold off on the next batch until I have some confirmation that these do/don’t need tweaked still further.

Next will be some events... one of which you may recognize as being a complete rip-off of a Raider card, but I don’t care. It fits the theme very well, so I’m putting it in, with suitable modifications.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:42 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
1 *Jealousy Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Skirmish: Remove a Dwarven token here to make a Dwarf minion strength +2.

Looks good to me. Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Secret Tongue Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area

Neato. Card cycling galore!

AgentDrake wrote:
0 *Undiscovered Secrets Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Regroup: Exert a Dwarf minion with muster and remove a Dwarven token here to shuffle a Dwarven stealth event into your draw deck from your discard pile.

Considering it’s unique, you could probably add 2 tokens initially.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:38 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Allright, not that I’ve finally gotten those last ones balanced, a few things to use those tokens for!

1 Blood-Flower Dwarven SH
Event – Skirmish
Make a Dwarf minion strength +1 for each of your Dwarven tokens you can spot (limit +6.) If that minion has muster, you may exert him and remove 1 to shuffle this event into your draw deck.
“‘See! There is blood on the hilltop.’”

^Yeah, yeah, I know. But I happen to like Wind that Sped Ships. There’s also going to be a Free Peoples version very similar to this called Seregon.

1 Gloom and Shadow Dwarven SH
Event – Shadow
Stealth.
Exert two Dwarf minions to make the Shadow player gain initiative regardless of the Free Peoples player’s hand until the regroup phase.
The Free Peoples player may add a burden to prevent this.
“…the pool became grey and cold and the birches bare….”

^This is for stuff like Ibun (below), Khim (previously posted), and Mim, all of whom use initiative for various bonuses/abilities.

3 *Ibun, Conspiring Devil Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1. Guard Dwarven 2. Lurker.
Regroup:
If you have initiative, exert Ibun and remove a Dwarven token to add a burden.
Ibun and Mim went not for food, but for Orcs.

^Yeah. Burdens. Two main approaches with these guys: Burdens or swarm. Or a combination, I guess. Either way, they rely on muster and tokens alot.

0 Plotting in the Dark Dwarven SH
Event - Shadow
Exert a Dwarf minion and remove a Dwarven token from your condition to add [X], where X is the number of tokens remaining on that condition (limit 4.)
"’...you may not live long enough to learn wisdom.’"

^See? Tokens for swarm. And it shouldn’t be too difficult to reinforce them, so...
Last edited by AgentDrake on Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:10 am; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:29 am
AgentDrake wrote:

Haha resumed my rigfhtful place as first reviewer! Muhahaha.

Event – Skirmish
Make a Dwarf minion strength +1 for each of your Dwarven tokens you can spot (limit +6.) If that minion has muster, you may exert him and remove 1 to shuffle this event into your draw deck.

Yeah cool.

Event – Shadow
Stealth.
Spot two Dwarf minions with muster and remove a Dwarven token from your condition to make the Shadow player gain initiative regardless of the Free Peoples player’s hand until the regroup phase.

You need to make it harder to achieve, having initiative from the sahdow phase is much more powerful than later on so make it 2 or 3 tokens.

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1. Guard Dwarven 2. Lurker.
While you have initiative, each time a Dwarf minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Ibun and remove a Dwarven token to add a burden.

Brilliant minion AD

Event - Shadow
Spot a Dwarf minion and remove a Dwarven token from your condition to add [X], where X is the number of tokens remaining on that condition (limit 4.)

If its costing 0 you need to exert the dwarf. This could get dangerously like forces of mordor if youre not careful. If you have event recursion i’d x list this!

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:11 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Skirmish

Very cool! Given the low strengths of your Dwarf minions, I’m tempted to raise or remove the limit. Weird title though.

AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Shadow
Stealth.
Spot two Dwarf minions with muster and remove a Dwarven token from your condition to make the Shadow player gain initiative regardless of the Free Peoples player’s hand until the regroup phase.

As much as it might screw up your stealth event sub-strategy, I think this card needs to be a condition with a discard ability - I just can’t see it being worth it. 1) You need 2 Dwarves with muster. 2) You need to remove a token, which means your have to stock up on a token strategy. 3) You get initiative, which is only inherently useful if you have a whole load of other cards that work with it. 4) It clogs your hand for all that. Plus, I don’t agree with lem0n - the only card that’s ever been good at taking initiative for the Shadow player is Streaming to the Field, the Raider one is useless and just not viable, as are the others, and it was always overcosted in ROTK block.

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
While you have initiative, each time a Dwarf minion wins a skirmish, you may exert Ibun and remove a Dwarven token to add a burden.

My problem with your Dwarf minions is just accentuated by this card. For minions, they’re strengths are just too low. It’s all very well having FP Dwarves with strength 6, but for a minion it’s just not good enough, and having keywords can’t make up for it. So yes, I like how you’re keeping with the right sort of ’dwarfish’ stats, but I think they’re not good enough for minions. Compare this guy to most Orc Orcs, for example, and this guy seems rubbish, even though you would have no doubts that a Dwarf could trounce an Orc in single combat. Also, take out the exertion - the tokens are already hard enough to come by. And maybe his ability could add burdens or reinforce tokens.

AgentDrake wrote:
Event - Shadow
Spot a Dwarf minion and remove a Dwarven token from your condition to add [X], where X is the number of tokens remaining on that condition (limit 4.)

I was thinking Forces of Mordor as well, so watch it. I think it’s alright given that it relies on tokens (and a lot of them), but it’s worth looking out for.

Though your themes are very interesting, the general impression I’m getting is of cards that are underpowered, by trying to do too much at the same time, and relying too much on volatile resources. It all hinges on tokens, so what happens when someone plays Grown Suddenly Tall? You’re trying to add burdens, to swarm, to reinforce and protect your tokens, to gain initiative and to gain muster all at the same time - I think it’s too much for 1 strategy to handle. I’d go all out for one or two of those and drop the others. I think the cards are fantastic, but the theme I feel needs working on.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:55 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Skirmish

Excellent. This makes up for their surprisingly low strength. Good stuff!

AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Shadow
Stealth.

Not sure WHERE I stand on this, as both lem0n and Thran make good points. Perhaps make it a condition and slap stealth on it?

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3

I think it would work much better as a regroup ability and forget winning skirmishes altogether. It’s just too complicated and combo-intensive as is. As long as you don’t have many ways of boosting vitality, I think it would be okay to do simply:

Regroup: If you have initiative, exert Ibun and remove a Dwarven token from your condition to add a burden.

If you DO have vitality-boosting or mass healing, probably best to limit it to once per turn.

AgentDrake wrote:
Event - Shadow

Probably okay as long as it’s not too easy to snatch this event back from discard. You may want to play it safe and exert a Dwarf, or give it a low cost with some toil.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:

Event – Skirmish

. works

Event – Shadow
Stealth.
maybe give freeps a way to prevent...
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3

maybe add a burden or make a dwarf gain muster until the regroup phase

Event - Shadow

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:10 am
Yikes. Been way too long since I updated this. Sorry, everyone!

Alright, I tried a different cost with the initiative one, and threw in a way to prevent. Any better, or should I just scrap it and find a new way of getting initiative?

And GP to the usual suspect.

Okaaay....
Since it seems that the general consensus is that these guys’ strength is just too low, I’ll throw out some of their strength pumps. Granted, the only one that really addresses this problem efficiently is Brooding, but I think it helps a little.
Of course, it’s probably OP, what with my poor balancing judgement....
Will have more ways of reinforcing tokens next time.

0 Ancient Axe Dwarven SH
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf minion.
While bearer has muster, he each time he wins a skirmish, you may remove 1 to reinforce a Dwarven token.
“…in the armouries hung axes and other gear rusted and dusty….”

3 *Brooding Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Toil 1.
To play, remove a burden.
While you can spot your Dwarven token, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.
While you can spot three of your Dwarven tokens, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.
While you can spot five of your Dwarven tokens, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.

0 Still Strong Dwarven SH
Event – Skirmish
Make a Dwarven minion strength +3 (or +1 for each minion with muster.)
“…they were far stronger than their stature promised….”

0 Vicious Struggle Dwarven SH
Event – Skirmish
Make a Dwarven minion strength +3 (or +4 if you can spot 4 Dwarven tokens.)
“…he struggled and bit like a beast.”
Last edited by AgentDrake on Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards