LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:29 am
Thanks for the review on my cards. I’ll return the favor.

AgentDrake wrote:

1 Ancient Axe Dwarven SH
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer has muster, he each time he wins a skirmish, you may remove 1 to reinforce a Dwarven token.
“…in the armouries hung axes and other gear rusted and dusty….”

Nice reinforcement tool.

Quote:
3 Brooding Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Toil 1.
To play, remove a burden.
While you can spot your Dwarven token, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.
While you can spot two of your Dwarven tokens, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.
While you can spot four of your Dwarven tokens, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.

Probably needs to be unique, unless you really think these guys are pathetic. If not unique, then remove the toil.

Quote:
0 Still Strong Dwarven SH
Event – Skirmish
Make a Dwarven minion strength +2 (or +3 if he has muster.)
“…they were far stronger than their stature promised….”

Basic pump. Agreeable.

Quote:
1 Vicious Struggle Dwarven SH
Event – Skirmish
Make a Dwarven minion strength +3 (or +4 if you can spot 4 Dwarven tokens.)
“…he struggled and bit like a beast.”

Again, basic pump. Nice. Maybe add a way to give them damage bonuses?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:45 am
AgentDrake wrote:

1 Ancient Axe Dwarven SH
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer has muster, he each time he wins a skirmish, you may remove 1 to reinforce a Dwarven token.

Shouldnt you clarify [SH] Dwarf so it cant be played on a freeps Dwarf?This is ok, but id remove the remove 1 bit its fine as it is.

3 Brooding Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Toil 1.
While you can spot your Dwarven token, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.
While you can spot two of your Dwarven tokens, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.
While you can spot four of your Dwarven tokens, each of your dwarf minions is strength +1.

Ok DESPERATELY needs unique. And the token gap needs to be bigger. 1 token then 3 then 6 or similar.

Event – Skirmish

Fine.

Event – Skirmish

5 dwarf tokens? But ok.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:11 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
1 Ancient Axe Dwarven SH
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.

Lem0n’s right. I don’t mind if this is allowed for FP Dwarves too, since it can really help them out, but it might be good to specify that bearer must be a Dwarf minion. Assuming that’s what you intended.

AgentDrake wrote:
3 Brooding Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Toil 1.

Agree with lem0n on all points.

AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Skirmish

Nice and simple. Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Skirmish

No problems here.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:57 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Alright, I tried a different cost with the initiative one, and threw in a way to prevent. Any better, or should I just scrap it and find a new way of getting initiative?

It’s too easy to get out of. I think going into initiative as well as everything else is too much, but if you still want it you should get rid of the get-out clause and leave it at that.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Ancient Axe Dwarven SH
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.

Could easily be free - Shadow weapons are always better for their cost than their FP equivalents. But you should specify the bearer as a minion, and should take out the removing 1.

AgentDrake wrote:
3 Brooding Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Toil 1.

I agree with lem0n, but if you follow 3 then 6, it should cost 1 without the toil (and be unique).

AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Skirmish

Not good enough for a Shadow event. Think Broken In Defeat and Enduring Evil. Yes, they’re incredibly powerful, but your Dwarf minions need all the help they can get when it comes to strength. +1 for each Dwarf with muster? +1 for each of your Dwarven tokens?

AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Skirmish

Should cost 0 - see above point.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:

1 Ancient Axe Dwarven SH
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
maybe or make another dwarf gain muster

3 Brooding Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Toil 1.
needs to be unique

Event – Skirmish
nice basic pump

Event – Skirmish

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:51 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Yipee! Have my room/computer back, and therefore also access to my .doc with all my DCs.
GP to el, and cards altered.

A few burden/resistance-related dwarf cards, today. In general, almost all of the Dwarf stuff boils down to combos for either generally harassing the FP, or adding burdens. Or, in some cases, both.

1 Closed Chambers Dwarven SH
Event – Shadow
Exert a Dwarf minion with muster to reinforce X Dwarven tokens, where X is the number of burdens you can spot.
“‘…the chamber that is closed, none shall open it but me.’”

1 Dwarven Knife Dwarven SH
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and discard this possession to add a burden or wound a companion skirmishing bearer.
“…Mim appeared on the summit, and going over to where Beleg lay prostrate and unmoving he gloated over him while he sharpened a knife.”

2 Petty-Dwarf Wanderer Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1.
When you play this minion, you may exert it and remove a Dwarven token from your condition to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may add 2 to prevent this.
“…they hated also the Eldar, and the Exiles most of all….”

1 Dim and Haunting Dwarven SH
Event – Regroup
Stealth.
Exert your Dwarven minion with muster to add X burdens, where X is that minion’s damage bonus (to a maximum of 3.)
“…when Mim was near unease fell on their talk. They took to speaking ever to one another in whispers.”

...These stupid dwarf minions are really hard to balance.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:09 am; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:57 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Shadow
Exert a Dwarf minion with muster to reinforce X Dwarven tokens, where X is the number of burdens you can spot. You may then remove a burden to reinforce an additional token.

Perhaps cap it at 3 or 4.

AgentDrake wrote:
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert bearer and discard this possession to add a burden or wound a companion skirmishing bearer.
“…Mim appeared on the summit, and going over to where Beleg lay prostrate and unmoving he gloated over him while he sharpened a knife.”

Not bad, not bad. Certainly a big help for these relatively weak guys. MAYBE make it cost 2.

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1.
When you play this minion, you may exert it and remove a Dwarven token to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may add 2 to prevent this.

Perhaps require removing that token from your condition, lest this also turn into a way to abuse FP tokens.

AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Regroup
Stealth.
Exert your Dwarven minion with muster to add X burdens, where X is that minion’s damage bonus (to a maximum of 3.)
“…when Mim was near unease fell on their talk. They took to speaking ever to one another in whispers.”

Yoikes! Probably should cost 3, at least.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:

Event – Shadow
Exert a Dwarf minion with muster to reinforce X Dwarven tokens, where X is the number of burdens you can spot. You may then remove a burden to reinforce an additional token.
works

Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
cut the strength boost to one.

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1.
When you play this minion, you may exert it and remove a Dwarven token to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may add 2 to prevent this.
cool

Event – Regroup
Stealth.

give the freeps a way to prevent
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:25 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Shadow

Mu only problem is that it hinges on muter, burdens and Dwarven token conditions - which seems a bit much for one card, or even one strategy (as I’ve mentioned before) to be concerned with. To make these combos work, it would be too card intensive.

AgentDrake wrote:
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.

Solid, but you should reduce your boldedness.

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1.

Could easily be strength 6, even without the get-out clause.

AgentDrake wrote:
Event – Regroup
Stealth.

Now it hinges not on tokens, but on damage bonuses, making yet another element to this already exceedingly Jonny strategy. This card would be perfect as a maneuver event stating simply: ’Exert a Dwarven minion to add a burden.’ That would be more than enough for this card.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:08 am
AgentDrake wrote:

Event – Shadow

Really think the removing burden bit is uneccassary and completely useless. A burden aint worth a token.

Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.

dwarf needs capitalising. Insane power on the ability for 1 cost. Needs to cost 2.

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1.

Excellent. Really cool minion.

Event – Regroup
Stealth.

Needs to cost more. Seems very strong.

...These stupid dwarf minions are really hard to balance.

Haha thats amusing.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards