LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:31 am
AgentDrake wrote:
1 Ancient Hatred Dwarven SH
Event – Skirmish
Exert a Dwarven minion skirmishing a companion to add a burden. If that minion has muster, you may make it strength +2.
The Petty-Dwarves hated all outsiders, and the Elves most of all.

I’m not going to complain - this card is solid. Perhaps you should switch round what you get for exerting and having muster though, I think that would alleviate the others’ fears.

AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Betrayal Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarven minion.
Response: If your Dwarven event is about to be discarded, you may remove it from the game and remove two of your Dwarven tokens to add a burden. Discard this condition.
"Thus was the House of Ransom betrayed."

Given that that it its only ability, it could probably cost 1. Interesting though.

AgentDrake wrote:
3 *Mim, Elf-Hater Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1. Guard Elven 2.
While you have initiative, Mim is strength +2.
Response:
If the Free Peoples player plays a companion, discard Mim from your hand to make the Free Peoples player add a burden or exert that companion twice.
“The Orc-captain thought that the fate of Beleg might well be lift to Mim….”

Not a fan of the subtitle, but whatever. Love the card though!

AgentDrake wrote:
4 *Mim, Nibin-Noeg Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strenth 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1. Guard Dwarven 2.
To play, spot a Dwarf minion.
Regroup: Exert Mim to play a Dwarven condition from your draw deck or discard pile.
“…as he went he muttered in a strange tongue that seemed harsh with ancient hatred….”

I don’t see the purpose of his increased cost. His guard is easier to pull off, but overall his abilities aren’t as good, so I’d leave him at 3.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 *Mistrust Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
To play, spot two Dwarf minions with muster.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may discard a shadow card from hand to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may add 2 to prevent this.
“‘Maybe there are other things besides earth-bread in the wild which Elves have not found and Men must not know!’”

’Shadow’ with a capital ’S’. I like it, but would make it just spot 2 Dwarf minions lest it be too restricting.

AgentDrake wrote:
3 Petty-Dwarf Exile Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1. Muster. Guard Elven 2.
When you play this minion, you may exert it to take a Dwarven stealth event into hand from your discard pile.
“…they took to lives of stealth….”

Like him. Solid.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Silent Rage Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Strength +2
Bearer is damage +1. Limit 1 per bearer.
When you play this condition, you may place a Dwarven token here.
Each time a Dwarven minion wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a token here.
Skirmish: If there are three Dwarven tokens here, remove all tokens from this condition to transfer it to a Dwarf minion.
“And those who were on the watch saw him sitting on through the night silent and still as a stone, save for his sleepless eyes that glinted as they roved in the dark.”

I like it, but I think I’d just leave the skirmish ability as ’Remove 3 tokens’ to save space, as the tokens don’t matter once it’s on someone. Also, I’d be very tempted to forgo the damage bonus and make it strength +4 to boost the low strength Dwarves.

If you post all the cards from this culture together, I’d be happy to give you some general thoughts on the whole lot (given that I was complaining all the way through! Razz).

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:

1 Ancient Hatred Dwarven SH
Event – Skirmish
Exert a Dwarven minion skirmishing a companion to add a burden. If that minion has muster, you may make it strength +2.
The Petty-Dwarves hated all outsiders, and the Elves most of all.
up cost to 2

2 *Betrayal Dwarven SH
Condition - Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarven minion.
Response: If your Dwarven event is about to be discarded, you may remove it from the game and remove two of your Dwarven tokens to add a burden. Discard this condition.
"Thus was the House of Ransom betrayed."
placed in the discard pile maybe? all dwarf events discarded?

3 *Mim, Elf-Hater Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1. Guard Elven 2.
While you have initiative, Mim is strength +2.
Response:
If the Free Peoples player plays a companion, discard Mim from your hand to make the Free Peoples player add a burden or exert that companion twice.
“The Orc-captain thought that the fate of Beleg might well be lift to Mim….”
works for me
^ Mim #1 of 2.

4 *Mim, Nibin-Noeg Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strenth 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1. Guard Dwarven 2.
Regroup: Exert Mim to play a Dwarven condition from your draw deck or discard pile.
“…as he went he muttered in a strange tongue that seemed harsh with ancient hatred….”
sure
^ #2 of 2

1 *Mistrust Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
To play, spot two Dwarf minions with muster.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may discard a shadow card from hand to add a burden. The Free Peoples player may add 2 to prevent this.
“‘Maybe there are other things besides earth-bread in the wild which Elves have not found and Men must not know!’”
works

3 Petty-Dwarf Exile Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1. Muster. Guard Elven 2.
When you play this minion, you may exert it to take a Dwarven stealth event into hand from your discard pile.
“…they took to lives of stealth….”
sure

1 Silent Rage Dwarven SH
Condition – Support Area
Strength +2
Bearer is damage +1. Limit 1 per bearer.
When you play this condition, you may place a Dwarven token here.
Each time a Dwarven minion wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a token here.
Skirmish: If there are three Dwarven tokens here, remove all tokens from this condition to transfer it to a Dwarf minion.
“And those who were on the watch saw him sitting on through the night silent and still as a stone, save for his sleepless eyes that glinted as they roved in the dark.”

I guess...cut the spotting requirement. it is culturally enforced enough and just clutters the card.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards