LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
nice DC’s! they were all sweet!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:24 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alright, my last update for a few days, probably;
Here we have Turin giving his birthday present to Labadal (Sador the woodwright) and receiving it back later. Another Hand Weapon. I’m not sure if I should make the Knife Elven or not.

1 Gift Given Snow
Event – Fellowship
Discard an Snow possession or condition from hand to place up to two Snow cards from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
“‘…I have brought you a gift to mark the day.’”

1 Gift Returned Snow
Event – Regroup
Exert an Snow companion (or spot Sador) to take an Snow possession or condition into hand from your discard pile.
“‘And now I might as well give you back your gift.’”

0 *Turin’s Knife, Gift Snow
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Snow companion.
This possession may be borne in addition to one other hand weapon.
While bearer is Turin or Sador, he is resistance +1.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, discard this possession to take an Snow event into hand from your discard pile.
“‘This is a gift indeed: a blade of elven steel.’”

The Knife and Gift Given can be used together to keep recycling Snow cards from the discard pile. If the circle gets thrown off, then Gift Returned can set it back up again.

I don’t think this will be broken, given the amount of discarding that Snow does.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Sat May 12, 2007 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:19 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:
Alright, my last update for a few days, probably;
Here we have Turin giving his birthday present to Labadal (Sador the woodwright) and receiving it back later. Another Hand Weapon. I’m not sure if I should make the Knife Elven or not.

2 Gift Given Snow
Event – Fellowship
Discard an Snow possession or condition from hand to place up to two Snow cards from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
“‘…I have brought you a gift to mark the day.’”
cool

2 Gift Returned Snow
Event – Regroup
Exert an Snow companion (or spot Sador) to take an Snow possession or condition into hand from your discard pile.
“‘And now I might as well give you back your gift.’”
cut cost to 1

0 *Turin’s Knife, Gift Snow
Possession – Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Snow companion.
This possession may be borne in addition to one other hand weapon.
While bearer is Turin or Sador, he is resistance +1.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, discard this possession to take an Snow event into hand from your discard pile.
“‘This is a gift indeed: a blade of elven steel.’”

nice. I don’t know much of anything about the plot so I really can’t say how well they relate to things in the book. but oh well
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 5:58 pm
Great set-up and nice mechanics, but 2 cost (and dropping a card that you could otherwise have played) to put two cards on top of your draw deck? Doesn’t seem worth it to me. Unless Snow has powerful and reliable fellowship drawing, take it down to 1 at least.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 11:24 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Fixed!
Hopefully, I’ll be ab;e to get the next group up Monday; I don’t start work until Tues.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:14 am
Two Gurthangs and the Helm of Hador. There will also be one of each in the Gaurwaith (Green) culture.

3 *Gurthang, Black Flame Snow
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -2
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Turin to wound a minion skirmishing him or an unbound companion.
“…the edges of Gurthang flickered like flame in his hand.”

2 *Gurthang, Iron of Death Snow
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Turin, you may add a burden to play an Snow skirmish event from your discard pile.
“‘From no blood will you shrink.’”

2 *Helm of Hador, Dragon of Dor-Lomin Snow
Artifact – Helm
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance -1
Bearer must be Hurin or Turin.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert a minion he is skirmishing.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this artifact to prevent that wound (and wound a minion skirmishing bearer if bearer is involved in a skirmish.)
“…the face of one that wore it struck fear into the hearts of all beholders, but was itself guarded from dart and fire.”
Last edited by AgentDrake on Mon May 14, 2007 2:46 pm; edited 3 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
legoles3333
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:17 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
AgentDrake wrote:
Two Gurthangs and the Helm of Hador. There will also be one of each in the Gaurwaith (Green) culture.

Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -2
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Turin to wound a minion.

nice

3 *Gurthang, Iron of Death Snow
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -2
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Turin, you may add a burden to play an Snow skirmish event from your discard pile.

kewl

Artifact – Helm
Strength +1
Resistance -1
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert a minion in skirmishing bearer.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this artifact to prevent that wound (and wound a minion skirmishing bearer if bearer is involved in a skirmish.)
[i] “…the face of one that wore it struck fear into the hearts of all beholders, but was itself guarded from dart and fire.”

WOW Shocked combine with a horse, and your set!
Last edited by legoles3333 on Mon May 14, 2007 10:21 am; edited 1 time in totalHere's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:18 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -2
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.

Unlikely to be used if Turin is the Hero, but awesome nonetheless. Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -2
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.

Even LESS likely to be used if Turin is the Hero. Perhaps change one of these to only -1 resistance.

AgentDrake wrote:
Artifact – Helm
Strength +1
Resistance -1
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert a minion in skirmishing bearer.
[i] “…the face of one that wore it struck fear into the hearts of all beholders, but was itself guarded from dart and fire.”

The wording of the first ability needs a little cleaning up. But very neat otherwise! GP
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:22 am
I took Gurthang, Iron of Death down to no resistance loss. Any better?
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:26 am
I finished the book yesterday, so I’m really looking forward to reviewing these DCs! Very Happy

AgentDrake wrote:
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -2
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.

Nifty! Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.

Awesome! Applause

AgentDrake wrote:
Artifact – Helm
Strength +1
Resistance -1
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert a minion he is skirmishing.

I would raise the cost to 3 and give it a +1 vitality bonus. GP for the awesome cards! Cool
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards