LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:
Two Gurthangs and the Helm of Hador. There will also be one of each in the Gaurwaith (Green) culture.

3 *Gurthang, Black Flame Snow
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -2
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Turin to wound a minion.
“…the edges of Gurthang flickered like flame in his hand.”
make it skirmishing an unbound companion. and cut cost to 2

3 *Gurthang, Iron of Death Snow
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Turin, you may add a burden to play an Snow skirmish event from your discard pile.
“‘From no blood will you shrink.’”
cut cost to 2

3 *Helm of Hador, Dragon of Dor-Lomin Snow
Artifact – Helm
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance -1
Bearer must be Hurin or Turin.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert a minion he is skirmishing.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this artifact to prevent that wound (and wound a minion skirmishing bearer if bearer is involved in a skirmish.)
“…the face of one that wore it struck fear into the hearts of all beholders, but was itself guarded from dart and fire.”

cut cost to 2 Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:58 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Here we have the three Snow followers, and the Harp to go with them.

GP to SoP for being the first review on the second to last ones! Smae to l333 once I can for the last ones.

1 Hithlum Vagabond Snow
Follower
Aid: Discard a card from hand.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him or her to look at the top three cards of your draw deck. You may choose to replace one of those cards with an Snow card from your discard pile, and discard the replaced card. Return the cards in any order.

2 *Morwen, Lady of Dor-Lomin Snow
Follower
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Aid: Discard two cards from hand.
Bearer is strength +X, where X is bearer’s viatlity.
While bearer is an Snow companion, each time he or she wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer and add a threat to remove a burden.

1 *Urwen, Lailath Snow
Follower
Resistance +1
Bearer must be an Snow companion.
While bearer has resistance 7 or more, he or she is strength +2.
“‘Fair as an Elf-child is Lailath….’”

1 *Hurin’s Harp Snow
Artifact – Harp
Resistance +1
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand to play an Snow follower from hand and attach that follower to a companion.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Wed May 16, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 3 times in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:12 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
1 Hithlum Vagabond Snow
Follower
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert him or her to look at the top three cards of your draw deck. You may choose to replace one of those cards with an Snow card from your discard pile, and discard the replaced card. Return the cards in any order.

Cool! Mr. Green

AgentDrake wrote:
Follower
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Aid: Discard a card.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer and a add threat to remove a burden.

She should be culturally enforced, and "add" and "a" should be switched around. Thumbs Up

AgentDrake wrote:
1 *Urwen, Lailath Snow
Follower
Resistance +1
While bearer his resistance 7 or more, he or she is strength +2.

Needs cultural enforcement. Smile

AgentDrake wrote:
1 *Hurin’s Harp Snow
Artifact – Harp
Resistance +1
Maneuver: Exert bearer to play an Snow follower from hand and attach that follower to a companion.

I would make it discard a card from hand instead of exert bearer. Neat cards! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:37 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thanks, AP! GP when I can!
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 4:39 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
1 Hithlum Vagabond Snow
Follower

Great, but surely the fact that you discard one of the cards is sufficiently implied by the fact you’re ’replacing’ one with another.

Follower
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer and a add threat to remove a burden.

If ever there was a card that needed cultural enforcement, this was it. The horns in T&D have shown us the dangers of not enforcing followers properly (with the erkenbrand’s horn, new chapter combo). Also, specify ’from play’ - it’s just nicer that way.

1 *Urwen, Lailath Snow
Follower
Resistance +1
While bearer his resistance 7 or more, he or she is strength +2.

Similar comments for this one.

1 *Hurin’s Harp Snow
Artifact – Harp
Resistance +1
Maneuver: Exert bearer to play an Snow follower from hand and attach that follower to a companion.

Great card.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
WeyounsLastClone
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:39 am
AgentDrake wrote:

1 Hithlum Vagabond Snow
Follower

Cool. I like the effect, seems balanced.

AgentDrake wrote:

Follower
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
While bearer is an Snow companion, each time he or she wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer and add a threat to remove a burden.

I think the aid cost should be ’discard a card from hand’. I think this one is slightly powerful, but I like the effects.

AgentDrake wrote:

1 *Urwen, Lailath Snow
Follower
Resistance +1

Cool, great gard. Simple yet effective.

AgentDrake wrote:

1 *Hurin’s Harp Snow
Artifact – Harp
Resistance +1
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand to play an Snow follower from hand and attach that follower to a companion.

Cool, I love how this is another way to get a follower on a companion.

Anyway, great to see some nice follower-cards!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:51 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:

1 Hithlum Vagabond Snow
Follower
you could say you may exchange one of the cards with a [s] card from your discard pike.

Follower
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
misspelled vitality. sure

1 *Urwen, Lailath Snow
Follower
Resistance +1
cool!

1 *Hurin’s Harp Snow
Artifact – Harp
Resistance +1

FBM
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:11 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
3 *Gurthang, Black Flame Snow
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Resistance -2
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Turin to wound a minion skirmishing him or an unbound companion.
“…the edges of Gurthang flickered like flame in his hand.”

It seems balanced if Turin is the RB, but it almost seems too good if he is just a normal companion. Think

AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Gurthang, Iron of Death Snow
Artifact – Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be Turin.
He is damage +1.
At the start of each skirmish involving Turin, you may add a burden to play an Snow skirmish event from your discard pile.
“‘From no blood will you shrink.’”

Nice.

AgentDrake wrote:
2 *Helm of Hador, Dragon of Dor-Lomin Snow
Artifact – Helm
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance -1
Bearer must be Hurin or Turin.
At the start of each skirmish involving bearer, you may exert a minion he is skirmishing.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this artifact to prevent that wound (and wound a minion skirmishing bearer if bearer is involved in a skirmish.)
“…the face of one that wore it struck fear into the hearts of all beholders, but was itself guarded from dart and fire.”

Seems a bit too powerful... I think it would be balanced even if you dropped all the stat bonuses.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 Hithlum Vagabond Snow
Follower

Pretty cool.

AgentDrake wrote:
Follower
Vitality +1
Resistance +1

I would raise the aid cost to 2 cards from hand.

AgentDrake wrote:
1 *Urwen, Lailath Snow
Follower
Resistance +1

Nice!

AgentDrake wrote:
1 *Hurin’s Harp Snow
Artifact – Harp
Resistance +1

Now THAT is cool.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AgentDrake
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:15 pm
Today, I start with the Hithlum rebels. (As in, the resistance against the Easterlings, not rebels against Hurin...) All the companions today. The rest of their stuff later. Once again, GP to the first review!

These guys do have a pretty efficient means of removing threats, so the cost of keeping the non-unique ones in play is not as high as it looks.

4 *Aerin, Wife of Brodda Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 4
Resistance 7
Rebel.
When you play Aerin, you may spot a rebel and discard card from hand to draw a card.
Each time Aerin wins a skirmish, you may exert her to discard a shadow condition or liberate a site your opponent controls.
“‘Many a man of arms misreads patience and quiet.’”

3 *Asgon, Rebel Leader Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 6
Rebel.
Regroup:
Return a rebel to your hand to remove 2 and make the move limit +1 until the end of the turn (limit +1.) If the fellowship moves again this turn, you may discard a rebel from hand to exert X minions, where X is that rebel’s twilight cost.
“‘Therefore go, and do not return, unless you come with strength to deliver us.’”

2 Rebel Thrall Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Rebel.
At the start of each regroup phase, add a threat or discard this companion.
While you can spot 3 rebels, this companion is strength +3.
Fellowship: Exert this companion twice to take an Snow companion into hand from your discard pile.
“…all the rebels that had the strength followed him….”

2 *Sador, Old Vagabond Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 4
Resistance 7
Rebel.
At the start of each regroup phase, you may exert Sador to shuffle a companion into your deck from your discard pile.
Maneuver: Discard a rebel to discard a minion (limit 1.)
“‘You speak too loud, and I too much, for an Easterling’s hall.’”

3 Thrall of Hithlum Snow
Companion – Man
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Resistance 7
Rebel.
At the start of each fellowship phase, add a threat or discard this companion. While you can spot 3 rebels, this companion is strength +3.
“…long had they been tame servants, but now they rose with shouts of rebellion.”
Last edited by AgentDrake on Sat May 19, 2007 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:18 pm
Cool stuff AD, except I would limit Asgon’s ability to once per turn instead of once per faze. Nice cards.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards