LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:24 pm
Better. 8 for a 9/6/9 Gandalf, who could complain?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:38 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
2 • Gandalf’s Staff, Wizard’s Device Gandalf
Artifact • Staff
Strength +1
Vitality +1
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Gandalf.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf and add 1 to play a spell from your discard pile.
”…his staff blazed forth with a flash like the lightning.”
R64

I don’t know...that’s still VERY powerful compared to other staffs, which only have the vitality boost. I think you should either drop the strength or resistance boost, or add 2 to play the spell. Or just leave the stats and drop the ability altogether.

Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
1 Ranged Far and Wide Gandalf
Event • Fellowship
Exert Beorn and spot Gandalf to reveal the top X cards of your draw deck, where X is the number of threats you can spot. Take all Gandalf cards into hand and discard the rest.
”’I had to walk miles….’”
C65

"...all Gandalf cards revealed into hand". Important difference. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:44 pm
Edited once again. Razz

So good, or no good?
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 2:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Good. I understand you wanting to keep the strength boost: makes a lot of sense with the lore and Gandalf’s behavior in general in The Hobbit.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:30 pm
Here’s a sweet (IMO) event for Gandalf to beat up some minions for a double move.

0 Dawn Take You All! Gandalf
Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf and remove 3 Gandalf tokens from play to place 3 wounds on minions.
”For just at that moment the light came over the hill, and there was a mighty twitter in the branches.”
R66
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Wed May 16, 2007 6:42 am; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:51 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Here’s a sweet (IMO) event for Gandalf to beat up some minions for a double move.

Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf X times and discard a Gandalf condition from play to place X wounds on minions.
”For just at that moment the light came over the hill, and there was a mighty twitter in the branches.”
R66

I’m afraid I’m not that impressed with the power of this card. It’s got nothing on other cards for double moving like blood runs chill and narrow escape. A wound for a wound just doesn’t seem like a good deal to me, especially because you have to discard a condition as well. Great idea, though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:47 pm
Edited. Smile Any better?
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:15 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf and remove 3 Gandalf tokens from to place 3 wounds on minions.
R66

You missed the word from "play" out AP. This is very good, definately better than the first one like Thranduil said. I would use this for sure.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:18 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

Event • Regroup
Exert Gandalf and remove 3 Gandalf tokens from to place 3 wounds on minions.
R66

Great idea. Might be tempted to say ’Remove X Gandalf tokens to place X wounds on minions’.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:14 am
I thought about that too Thranduil but realised it was too OP for a last move to site 9. Kills everything as gandalf can get LOTS of tokens.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards