LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Shadows
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:35 pm
--- description ---
The return of HiDaN...ish.
--- end description ---

I loved the help in doubt and need deck, and whilst it has now been rotated, I think with this deck build Rohan/Gondor can certainly be powerful again.

Total:34

Starting:
Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom
Eomer, Horsemaster
Eowyn, Lady of Ithilien
Companions:
Aragorn, Thorongil
Gamling, The Old
Allies:
Leowyn
Followers:
Rohirrim Doorwarden
Possessions:
Rider’s Bow x4
Rohirrim Mount x2
Eowyn’s Sword, Dernhelm’s Blade
Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon
Rider’s Spear
Firefoot, Mearas of the Mark
Coif
Anduril, Sword that was Broken
Aragorn’s bow, Ranger’s Longbow
Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
Events:
Last Days of My House x4
Grim Trophy x3
Brilliant Light x3
For the Mark x2
Conditions:
For Death and Glory x2

With Frodo, you can bid one or two and then pull Aragorn from your draw deck with the prancing pony.

Gamling, the old should be grabbed quickly with last days of my house, and you can get the doorwarden that way as well. With leowyn and eomer, horsemaster you should cycle incredibly easily.

From then on, it’s a case of getting your companions their possesions and cutting your way through. For the mark covers possesions, but if they’re a real problem you could add a couple more copies, or maybe Hama, captain of the king’s guard.

Eowyn, lady of ithilien can be changed for eowyn, willing fighter if you play alot of wounding decks (it’s great fun to watch them exhaust Gamling with mumak commander, giant among the swertings and then with a coif on her prevent all their orkish lackey wounds, then use leowyn to heal it all next turn) but her ability is just too good to ignore, especially combined with Aragorn’s bow, ranger’s longbow...the two together mean any minion that is too nasty to beat, or has ugly skirmish abilities like Ulaire enquea, thrall of the one can be taken care of.

for death and glory is your counter to uruk hunter decks, and also allows your Rohan companions to exert for a +1 pump.

leowyn can burn cards to provide a lifeline against any kind of wounding deck.

brilliant light is just a nice pump, and grim trophy (if Frodo puts the ring on) can be a +4.

With the ring and sting, bane of the eight legs Frodo is pretty hard to overwhelm as he can get 8 strength, and if you have alot of problems with him surviving, then use frodo, weary from the journey (I play alot of corruption so the extra resistance helps.)

When fully equipped (which shouldn’t actually take too long), with their hunter bonuses, your companions are as follows: Frodo (8str) Eomer (13 str) Eowyn (10 strength and lots of wounding) Gamling (13str) and Aragorn (12str). With the horses and rider’s bow your companions should have no trouble sweeping aside any minions and then running away down the site-path.

Consider adding in Radagast, if triple moving is really helpful in your meta, because your fellowship can easily manage it.

Your biggest weakness is probably corruption, because of the inability to remove burdens/conditions, but you have counters to everything else.

Overall it’s a nice,tough, little deck.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sweet! i have never played rohan but this looks cool and you don’t break the rule of 5!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Shadows
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:27 pm
Thanks.

I’m in the process of getting the last few cards I need to finish it off, and also I need a decent standard format shadow side to pair with it.

Any suggestions as to what shadow would pair well with this?

EDIT:

This is the shadow I’m thinking of pairing with it...

Total:34

Minions:
Southron Captain x4
Mumak Chieftain x4
Desert Villain x3
Desert Fighter x3
Possessions:
Mumakil x4
Ships of Great Draught x2
Events:
War Towers x2
Quelled x2