LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Dravius
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:01 pm
The deck size is 31

Minions:
Saruman, of many colours x4
the Witch-king, black captain x4

Artifacts:
Throne of isengard x3
staff of saruman, fallen istar’s stave x4
ring of ire x3

Conditions:
Alatar deceived x3
pallando deceived x3
radagast deceived x2
Stooping to the kill

Events:
Beyond all darkness x4

Strategy is realy simple, just play your deceived minions, throne and Saruman. If you have the pool, play the witch-king and the throne makes it fierce. Then, with the ring of ire and beyond all darkness, it becomes realy strong and damage +1-2. If it kills a companion, you get initiative with stooping to the kill, which give it an additionnal damage bonus. Saruman, weakens the companions and the man don’t get bonuses vs. the witchking, which makes it a killer.

Any thoughts?
Foresight
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:04 pm
Hmm, is there any way in the Free Peoples side to get minions back into your hand? I’d strongly suggest finding a way to do so, or you may be SOL when you don’t draw any minions. Also, I’d prefer to use Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord over Saruman, Of Many Colours simply because AotDL can heal himself and trigger Radagast Deceived unlike OMC.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Dravius
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:16 pm
I can bring back the witch-king with ring of ire or saruman with staff, but it’s a nice idea to get a FP side that will let my grab minions from discard pile. THX and have a GP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:28 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
how exactly do you trigger the wizards?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Dravius
Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:37 pm
Actualy, wizards are a meta choice because of all the Gandalf I face (gandalf men, ents, G4 Grand decks, or just any gondor, elven, rohan, or shire deck deck that splashes gandalf to get rid of burdens, conditions or whatever).

The main Focus of this deck is The Wich-king, and when I thought of a way to get it fierce, I thought the wizards could do just fine.
alehaak
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:25 pm
why don’t you put the witch king’s beast? :}

then he will fight 3 times... and he is enduring... you can put the ring +1 vit ... :}

will hurts!!!!! :}
My haves / Wants:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about2584-0-asc-0.html

I really want Aragorn's Bow, Ranger Longbow and 3 Gondor Bowmen. Pm me.
fishfleas
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:20 pm
Interesting take on using the WK, BC. I like it. I hadn’t thought of the saruman angle yet, I had recently been throwing around ideas with a mount deck. However, ultimately I would have liked to seen Him fierce and with his Beast. I see an angle here now... Saruman with WK... hmmm.... I’m going to have to delve into this more.

Be wary of condition discard, it wrecks the wizards decieved to shreds...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard