LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
fearlessknight
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:22 am
Reading this thread and seeing the great abilities Homage of the players to find the problems with the T & D cards revealed thus far. IMHO Decipher should use it to fix the problems before they go to the printer. Now whether they are humble enough and have wisdom Think to do this is yet to be seen. This game can be ressurected from the depths of despair if D really wants to make a go of it. I believe they can when you see all the effort that they are putting into Star Trek on their web site you wonder why they don’t do this for LOTR,
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:01 am
When i first saw a thread called playtesting T&D my first reaction was "there was playtesting for T&D????". If D listened to its players it wouldnt be in the mess it may well be in at the moment. When i use to actively use the D forums before they died, many talented lotr players offered there time to playtest sets before they came out but D never took them up on the offer and so the sets got buggered up. The playtesters at D test the gameplay not the ruleplay. Im sure Grond meant to say remove 2 cards revealed from the deck. But the playtesters werent expecting people to nit pick and say well it doesnt SAY revealed so we’ll just do as it says and remove companions from play. If the workers over at Big D took more time to look at the cards they might realise they need to edit some of them and just damn well remove some of the others.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
to quote your sig LH, "a good noogie may be in order as well" They obviously don’t care enough to stop the escalation and make good balanced cards and strategy’s.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:25 pm
fearlessknight wrote:
Reading this thread and seeing the great abilities Homage of the players to find the problems with the T & D cards revealed thus far. IMHO Decipher should use it to fix the problems before they go to the printer. Now whether they are humble enough and have wisdom Think to do this is yet to be seen.

Here’s D’s problem. They don’t have time to spoil everything before printing, because the second they get it approved, they have to print it to be anywhere near timely, which doesn’t leave enough time for the LotR community to review the cards and point out errors for them to fix. They can’t afford to wait before their license expires, so they really can’t let us review them. So either THEY have to put the effort in, or nobody will be able to fix the game.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:11 pm
Like I’ve said more than once, Decipher can go ahead and make these cards. That’s fine and dandy. Just don’t make a single one of them tournament legal. Ban the whole set from tournament play. (Except open format) But that also creates problems since the set is also 1/3 of a block. (Hunters Draft and Sealed Deck tournaments will be a problem if they ban T & D from tournament play) In casual play, you can X-list whatever cards you want to. I know my player group will be outlawing tons of T & D cards. So either errata a ton of cards, or simply ban the set entirely from tournament play. That would be alright in my book. Thumbs Up
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
MakoSlade
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:17 pm
Remember, these spoilers have not yet been officially released by Decipher. They will possibly change. They must change. No one can seriously release this kind of chaos on themselves.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:05 am
If this sets gets released and doesnt get pulled for being a big cock up or losing the licence or going into administration then these cards will be the ones that hit the tables. Ive never seen a case of decipher releasing spoilers with card collectors details and then a different one hitting the streets. Look at nice fish. That was stupid when it was spoiled and it STILL got printed. Sadly, this is the way T&D looks.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I forgot nice fish at least they DID erratra it...I guess everything D is going down the tubes, there message board, there newest set...customer satisfaction.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:10 am
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
D doesnt usually listen well to the customers,
if they did we wouldnt have new additions to the X-list every set...

we might also have a rohan ring-bearer by now...
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:22 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
I forgot nice fish at least they DID erratra it...

Whoa...what about Nice Fish? I’m building a deck around it and Fishing Boat...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit