LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:58 am
Hi all,

Here’s a cool deck I’ve been designing lately. I’d really like to know what you guys think of it. All suggestions will be appeciated. Thanks for reviewing!

The Ring Bearer and One Ring:
Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Starting Fellowship:
Arwen, Daughter of Elrond
Rohirrim Scout

Draw Deck (3Cool:
Aragorn, King in Exile x3
Gandalf, The Grey Pilgrim
Gift of the Evenstar x2
Arwen’s Fate x4
The Choice of Luthien x2
On Your Doorstep x3
Elrond, Lord of Rivendell x2
Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
Brego x2
Leowyn x2
A Wizard is Never Late x3
No Mere Ranger x4
Out of the High Airs x2
Glimpse of Fate x2
Eowyn, Sister-daughter of Theoden
Hard Choice x2

Strategy: The main idea here is the syngery between Arwen and Aragorn. Use Arwen’s Fate to boost Arwen or Aragorn up to monsterous strengths. Heal Aragorn with The Choice of Luthien. Heal Arwen with Aragorn’s text. Use No Mere Ranger to boost any companion strength +3. Use a Wizard is Never Late to play Gandalf or Barliman from your draw deck. Gandalf allows you to cycle as well as play Barliman Butterbur and On Your Doorstep. On Your Doorstep gets Arwen’s Fate or No Mere Ranger back on the top of your deck. Elrond allows you to draw the top card of your draw deck. Barliman gets On Your Doorstep back. You heal Barliman with Brego. You take Brego back into hand with Rohirrim Scout. Leowyn cycles and heals Rohirrim Scout. Glimpse of Fate takes down minion’s strengths when you lost init with Gift of the Evenstar. Out of High Airs makes it easier to double. Hard Choice heals any companion in this deck twice. Eowyn takes archery wounds and helps cycle when exhausted.
Last edited by Aragorn, King in Exile on Wed May 16, 2007 7:13 am; edited 2 times in total
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:34 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Looks pretty good: I think my next article may contain a very similiar deck. But you have GOT to work several copies of Hard Choice in there somehow. And as an alternative to your version of Gandalf, you MAY want to consider Gandalf, Leader of Men, who would still work well and could start in place of the Rohirrim Scout, giving you a much tougher companion early on.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yes hard choice is a MUST! the main problem I see is if Arwen dies you are dead. I would find a better Arwen to put in that could attain more strength then if you used QoEaM you could add Aragorn’s bow and Elven bow to help.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:30 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
yes hard choice is a MUST! the main problem I see is if Arwen dies you are dead. I would find a better Arwen to put in that could attain more strength then if you used QoEaM you could add Aragorn’s bow and Elven bow to help.

Put some more arwens in for healing and use falls of rauros in your deck in case she dies and you can pull another. Just an idea.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:53 am
Alright, I added some copies of Hard Choice. SoP, I want to use an Arwen with the Aragorn signet so I can heal her with Aragorn’s text. Daughter of Elrond currently seems to be the most viable option. Also, I am not dead if Arwen dies, I still have No Mere Ranger, but you’re right, I am weakend by her death. Thanks for the suggestion though. Dain, Yes, having Gandalf would be helpful early on, but I have ways to draw him, while with Rohirrim Scout, I can use him with Rohan Stables to grab Brego early on and start his healing madness. I may consider you idea though, if a few more people suggest that idea as well. Lemon, I could add in more versions of Arwen and use Falls of Rarous, but what should I take out? I already have alot of cards in this deck. If you can come up with a suggestion, I would gladly hear it.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:01 am
Aragorn, King in Exile wrote:
Lemon, I could add in more versions of Arwen and use Falls of Rarous, but what should I take out? I already have alot of cards in this deck. If you can come up with a suggestion, I would gladly hear it.

Ha! Hmmm... Good point. Dunno i was merely pointing out how you could avoid getting screwed if the elf woman dies! I suppose every deck cant cover everything so its probably fine as it is and you shouldnt get her killed anyway!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
ingold55
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:30 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
drop the three aragorns and use only one. but in your site path, use the prancing pony to draw him out fast.

you also rely heavily on events, i would throw in Ranger’s sword in place of one of the aragorns.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:22 pm
Looks good! I don’t have anything really to say.

But Frodo, Weary from the journey is better and with The One Ring, the ring of doom. Wink
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:06 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Celebrimbor wrote:
Looks good! I don’t have anything really to say.

But Frodo, Weary from the journey is better and with The One Ring, the ring of doom. Wink

your his bro what you could say could be said to his face Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:13 am
Crim, you’re right in that the Ring of Doom is more useful, but I disagree with the Frodos. The Frodo I am currently using has the Aragorn Signet and thus reaps the benfits of the Aragorn signet cards in this deck. Thank you for these suggestions. Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded