LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:56 pm
Hi all,

Here is a deck I’ve been designing lately that revolves around wounding the opponent’s minions to death. Let me know what you guys think. I appreciate any suggestions you guy have.

Ring Bearer and One Ring:
Frodo, Resolute Hobbit
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Starting Fellowship:
Sam, Resolute Halfling
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Smeagol, Always Helps

Free Peoples cards (3Cool:
Don’t Look at Them x2
Home and Hearth x4
Mind Your Own Affairs x4
Terrible and Evil x4
Power According to His Stature x3
Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor x2
Shadowplay x4
Unheeded x4
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer x1
Gandalf’s Staff, Ash Staff x1
Gandalf, Powerful Guide x4
Never x2
Days Growing Dark x2

Key Sites:
Dammed Gate-Stream

Suggested Shadow: Uruks or Moria Orcs

Strategy: The main strategy here is to wound minions to death using cards like Mind Your Own Affairs and Hobbit Sword-Play. Frodo, Resolute Hobbit has the increased resistance necessary for a burden heavy deck like this, plus he has the key Frodo signet which enables cards like No Use That Way to be played on him. The One Ring, Ring of Rings allows for even more resistance while prevent Frodo from dying by wounds.
Sam, Resolute Halfling has the key Frodo signet as well, and he has the ability to cycle as well as heal exertion generated by Shadowplay. Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver can wound minions early on with his text and he allows you to wound minions with Unheeded. Smeagol, Always Helps allows you to assign big minions like Sauron, Lord of the Rings to him and exhaust them for the cost of adding two threats. Don’t Look at Them allows you to cycle as well as wound the exhausted minions assigned to Smeagol. Home and Hearth removes the burdens you add with cards like Power According to His Stature. Terrible and Evil, Mind your own affairs, Unheeded, and Power According to His Stature all allow you to wound minions before they can hopefully do any damage to you. Shadowplay allows you to tenderize minions as they come into play. Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor allows you to get your events back. Watch and Wait and Glamdring, Foe-Hammer allow you to remove burden when characters win skirmishes. Gandalf allows you to play Glamdring, Foe-Hammer, plus he has can add in some more wounding when you play spells. Gandalf’s Staff, Ash Staff allows you to wound even more minions when Gandalf wins a skirmish. Never allows you to discard Smeagol, Always Helps to remove the threat he adds with his ability. Days Growing Dark allows you to play Smeagol from your discard pile and helps you cycle. Dammed Gate-Stream allows you to pull Don’t Look at Them early.

Note: Although this deck is big, the number of cycling cards in it should help it alot. It would also help to pair this deck with a fast cycling shadow like Uruks.
Last edited by Aragorn, King in Exile on Wed May 16, 2007 8:40 am; edited 6 times in total
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:59 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
out of curiosity, how do you heal? otherwise sweet! GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:07 am
Yes, this deck does lack some healing, but I’m not sure it totally needs it. Frodo has the ring so he can take wounds as burdens if he needs too. Sam has his special ability which allows you to discard a card from hand to heal him. With Never and Days Growing Dark, Smeagol will be bouncing on and off the playing board, so wounds won’t stay on him very much. Gandalf is just there to get Watch and Wait into play and to act as fodder. Plus, with all the wounding with this deck, you won’t be taking wounds very often unless you are playing an archery deck. In that curcumstance, you must utilize Sam’s abilitiy to the max or load up Smeagol with wounds and continually bounce him. Thanks alot for the GP and the review. Have a GP.
besting25
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:28 am
I suggest that you use Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver with 4 Unheeded
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:33 am
Nice idea besting! Maybe I can take out Hobbit Sword-Play and Hobbit sword to make room for those cards. Welcome to the forums. Allow me to be the first person to award you a GP as soon as I am able! Mr. Green
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:48 am
I would drop 2 copies of Gandalf and add 1 copy of A Wizard Is Never Late. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:55 am
I could, but seeing as Gandalf is the only Gandalf companion in the deck, a wizard is never late would be useless if I drew Gandalf first, while have more copies of Gandalf allows me to heal him. Thanks for the suggestion though. I appeicate it alot.
besting25
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:05 am
and if you want to abuse, you may add 2 Birthday Present to get back your event
tkx Aragorn for the gp Homage Homage
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AkiE besting25’s ideas are well, the best! a GP to him and I would take his advice.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:26 pm
Add a Merry, swordthain. It may not work as well, but it provides another return-to-hand hobbit to get rid of Great Heart.

Instead of Never, put in Nine-fingered Frodo and the ring of doom, and run one or two copies of Birthday Present to recycle the Unheededs.

I like hobbit wounding, but don’t see any of it in my meta.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded