LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:25 am
The Fifth Age, eh? Then do the Orcs have nuclear weapons? Twisted Evil
I had to put something here.
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:26 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
NB that won’t work dude, the Tolkien wanted the Fifth age to be our age!!
Fourth age was from Aragorn through the King Arthurian middle ages.
And if we did it after the third age there wouldn’t be ANY elves and the dwarves faded away!! except loners like legolas and gimli.

SoOOOoo you better come up with something else, unless we want this to be a modern RPG, with machine gun wielding men, motorcycle lords.

Sorry but isn’t all this bloody obvious?
Last edited by bobtheorc on Thu May 17, 2007 10:29 am; edited 1 time in totalExclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:28 am
Hence the nuclear weapons. Laughing

In all seriousness, though, I guess I should create a new character other than Dirthon, right?
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:30 am
Did elf lvr approve this RPG?
Cause I don’t think he would let an RPG this badly planned slip by him...
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:53 am
Yeah, he did. I’ll fix it. He didn’t know all the details though....

EDIT: FIXED I hope this works out. You guys know more about the First though Third Age and stuff than I do, so maybe help me out a little here...my specialty is post 4th age...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
bobtheorc
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:08 pm
post 4 age would be modern age...so your are saying your experience is in modern history?
Fine anyway lets see..I am now quoting the Encyclopedia of Arada.
First Age
First Age wrote:
The First Age began with the Return of the Noldor to Middle-earth, the first rising of the Moon and the Sun, and the Awakening of Men in Hildórien. It ended with the War of Wrath, the destruction of Beleriand and the final defeat of Morgoth. The end of the First Age was marked by the return of many of the Noldor, accompanied also by many Sindarin Elves, into the West to dwell on Tol Eressëa.

SO we might want this RPG to be set after the Second Age

Second Age wrote:

the Beginning in about the 584th year since the Return of the Noldor to Middle-earth, the Second Age is the longest of the chronicled Ages. It began after the destruction of Beleriand in the War of Wrath, the founding of Lindon and the creation of Númenor.

The Second Age was the Age of Númenor; the great island kingdom was created and peopled by the descendants of the Edain in the first years of the Age,......Eventually, their power and pride became so great that they challenged the Valar themselves, and were destroyed.

The end of Númenor was not the end of the Second Age, though; a remnant of the Númenoreans led by Elendil escaped its wreck and founded kingdoms in Middle-earth: Arnor in the north and Gondor in the south. They formed a mighty alliance, the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, and marched on Sauron, who had grown great again, assailing the Dark Tower of Barad-dûr. With the first overthrow of Sauron by the Alliance, the Second Age came to its end.

SO maybe we should have this before Sauron is overthrown before the Third Age
Third Age wrote:
The Third Age began with the first overthrow of Sauron by the Last Alliance, and was marked by Isildur’s planting of the White Tree in Minas Anor. It ended more than three thousand years later with the destruction of the One Ring, the final end of Sauron, and the passing of the Ring-bearers over the Sea.

The history of the Third Age is in large part the history of the Dúnedain in Gondor and Arnor. Though both these realms were founded in the late Second Age, it was during the Third that they grew to their greatest heights, and fell to their lowest depths, before being reunited by Aragorn II Elessar.

And I thought you would wnat to see what is said about the Fourth age and beyond
Fourth Age wrote:
he last of the four ages chronicled by Tolkien, and the one about which least is known (including its length). The Fourth Age was held to have begun with the passing of the Ring-bearers over the sea from Mithlond on 29 September 3021 (Third Age), though in Gondor it was reckoned as beginning on 25 March of the same year (the second anniversary of the Downfall of Barad-dûr)......

Although we have no records of the later Fourth, or any following Age, Tolkien makes a brief allusion to the future of Middle-earth in a letter written in 1958: "I imagine the gap [between the Fall of Barad-dûr and modern times] to be about 6000 years; that is we are now at the end of the Fifth Age, if the Ages were of about the same length as S[econd] A[ge] and T[hird] A[ge]. But they have, I think, quickened; and I imagine we are actually at the end of the Sixth Age, or in the Seventh."

hile this is circumstantial at best, it does seem to hint that perhaps the Downfall of the Third Reich was to the Sixth Age what the Downfall of Barad-dûr was to the Third. If so, we can ’reset’ the calendar in 1945, which would be the first year of the Seventh Age. The letter quoted above, then, would have been written in VII 14, which explains Tolkien’s reference to the change of Age, while the year 2000 would be VII 56..

Hope this research helps!
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:11 pm
Okay, seems good. Edited post. Sound okay?
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:50 pm
Angband and Thangorodrim were destroyed at the end of the First Age. Plus, Morgoth himself was cast out of Ea into the Void at the end of the First Age.

Hence, Morgoth being in this story makes no sense at all unless it is set in the First Age.
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:02 pm
Ah, I keep mixing up my ages. I thought it was the first age...

There were dwarves in the first age, correct?

Okay, now I think its straight. But we’re bending it a little since this party of Dwarves, Elves, and Men find him in Angband.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:06 pm
Correct. Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing