LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:03 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
0 Songs Come True Dwarven
Event • Response
If a special ability on a Dwarven instrument is used, choose one: make an opponent discard the top 2 cards of their draw deck; remove 2; or transfer that instrument to another eligible bearer.
... Bilbo forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over The Water and very far from his hobbit-hole under The Hill.
H1 C 51
The original card only had the first 2 abilities, so I just tagged on the third.

add something about locking/unlocking IYO(if your opinion)

Foresight wrote:
1 Hidden Uses Dwarven
Event • Fellowship or Maneuver
Spot a Dwarf to Unlock X Free Peoples cards until the regroup phase, where X is the number of Dwarven tales you can spot.
’There is one point that you haven’t noticed,’ said the wizard, ’and that is the secret entrance.’
H1 U 37

toss a limit on

Foresight wrote:
0 Dwarf Music Dwarven
Event • Fellowship
Add 2 threats to heal each Dwarf bearing an instrument.
And suddenly first one and then another began to sing as they played, deep-throated singing of the dwarves in the deep places of their ancient homes...
H1 C 24

cool
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:23 pm
Just out of interest SoP, how did Foresight get in there? Razz

Now we’re looking at Locking as an offensive strategy, which in the Dwarven culture is manifest in 2 cards.

4 Deserted Caverns Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2. Tale.
Maneuver:
Exhaust a Dwarf with 3 or more vitality. Until the regroup phase, each minion skirmishing a Dwarf is Locked. Discard this condition.
’So my grandfather’s halls became full of armour and jewels and carvings and cups...’
H1 R 17

1 Forgotten Treasures Dwarven
Condition
Tale.
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Plays on any card, and is now Locked.
You may exert a Dwarf to play this condition during the maneuver phase.
’But we have never forgotten our stolen treasure.’
H1 U 32

And now I’m going to throw in some artifacts relating to the unexpected party.

2 • Thror’s Map, Family Heirloom Dwarven
Artifact • Map
Bearer must be a Dwarf companion.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to play a Dwarven possession on him from your discard pile.
Locked: Regroup: Discard a Dwarven possession borne by bearer to draw a card.
’Your father could not remember his own name when he gave me the paper, and he never told me yours; so on the whole I think I ought to be praised and thanked.’
H1 R 58

1 • Thror’s Key Dwarven
Artifact
Plays only on a Dwarf companion.
Bearer must be a Free Peoples card, which is now Unlocked.
Regroup: Exert bearer to transfer this card to another eligible bearer.
’... with the map went a key, a small and curious key. Here it is!’ he said, and handed to Thorin a key with a long barrel and intricate wards, made of silver. ’Keep it safe!’
H1 R 57

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri May 25, 2007 7:46 am; edited 3 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:57 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Just out of interest SoP, how did Foresight get in there? Razz
I quoted him to quote you and got rid of the wrong person

Condition • Support Area
Toil 2. Tale.
Maneuver:
Exhaust a Dwarf with 3 or more vitality. Until the regroup phase, each minion skirmishing a Dwarf is Locked. Discard this condition.
’So my grandfather’s halls became full of armour and jewels and carvings and cups...’
H1 R 17
hum make it exert a dwarf twice. cause then you could just exhaust and exhausted dwarf.

Condition
Tale.
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Plays on any card.
Bearer is Locked.
H1 U 32
sure

Arifact • Map
Maneuver: Exert bearer to play a Dwarven possession on them from your discard pile.
’Your father could not remember his own name when he gave me the paper, and he never told me yours; so on the whole I think I ought to be praised and thanked.’
H1 R 58
I guess misspelled artifact

1 • Thror’s Key Dwarven
Artifact
Bearer must be a Free Peoples card.
Bearer is Unlocked.
’... with the map went a key, a small and curious key. Here it is!’ he said, and handed to Thorin a key with a long barrel and intricate wards, made of silver. ’Keep it safe!’
H1 R 57

sure
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:18 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Toil 2. Tale.
Maneuver:
H1 R 17

Ah, NOW the title makes sense. Razz And locking minions is certainly very powerful. They basically lose ALL keywords and game text and keep only stats, race, and card type, yes?

Thranduil wrote:
Condition
Tale.
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
Plays on any card.
Bearer is Locked.
H1 U 32

I think you need to use something other than "bearer", since this is not limited to characters. Perhaps just "Any card this condition is stacked on or borne by is Locked."

Thranduil wrote:
Arifact • Map
Maneuver: Exert bearer to play a Dwarven possession on them from your discard pile.
H1 R 58

"on him". Otherwise okay.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • Thror’s Key Dwarven
Artifact
Bearer must be a Free Peoples card.
Bearer is Unlocked.
H1 R 57

Again, do something other than just "bearer", since this is not limited to characters.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:03 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Ah, NOW the title makes sense. Razz And locking minions is certainly very powerful. They basically lose ALL keywords and game text and keep only stats, race, and card type, yes?

That’s right, which is why it requires a whole lot of exertion and such like to pull it off.
Thanks for all the reviews. How’s my new wording?

The dwarves are being brought for a close (unless anyone want me to ’reprint’ my threat strategy which as found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about4225-0-asc-0.html)
So, time for a few fun cards:

1 • Grandson of Kings Dwarven
Condition
Str: +2
Bearer must be Thorin.
At the start of each fellowship phase, exert a Dwarf companion or discard this condition.
... my grandfather was King under the Mountain again, and treated with great reverence by the mortal men...’
H1 R 35

1 • Durin’s Day Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Dwarf wins a skirmish, you may draw a card.
Each time a Dwarf loses a skirmish, discard the top card of your draw deck.
At the start of the regroup phase, exert a Dwarf or discard this condition.
’We still call it Durin’s Day when the last moon of autumn and the sun are in the sky together.’
H1 R 20

0 • Dangerous Paths Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While you can spot 3 threats, each site’s shadow number is -1.
Each time the fellowship moves, exert a Dwarf or discard this condition.
Now they had gone far into the Lone-Lands, where there were no people left, no inns, and the roads grew steadily worse.
H1 R 15

0 Traveling Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
To play, spot a Dwarf.
Bearer must be a Dwarf or Hobbit.
Each time the fellowship moves, you may add 2 to heal bearer.
They were on ponies, and each pony was slung about with all kinds of baggages, packages, parcels and paraphernalia.
H1 U 59

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri May 25, 2007 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:32 am
Thranduil wrote:
0 • Grandson of Kings Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be Thorin.
At the start of each fellowship phase, exert a Dwarf companion or discard this condition.
... my grandfather was King under the Mountain again, and treated with great reverence by the mortal men...’
H1 R 35

I think "Heir" or "Descendant" would be better than "Grandson", but that’s a minor issue on what it otherwise an AWESOME card. Well, that, and I think it should cost 1.

Thranduil wrote:
1 • Durin’s Day Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Discard this condition at the start of the regroup phase.
’We still call it Durin’s Day when the last moon of autumn and the sun are in the sky together.’
H1 R 20

I think it might balance out better if you added "Each time a Dwarf loses a skirmish, discard the top card of your draw deck" or something. Then you could allow some loophole for keeping this instead of discarding, like "At the start of the regroup phase, exert 2 Dwarves or discard this condition.". *shrug* It’s OKAY as is, but a teeny bit bland.

Thranduil wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Now they had gone far into the Lone-Lands, where there were no people left, no inns, and the roads grew steadily worse.
H1 R 15

I think that balances out alright. I’d make it spot a Dwarf to play it initially, though.

Thranduil wrote:
0 Traveling Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
To play, spot a Dwarf.
They were on ponies, and each pony was slung about with all kinds of baggages, packages, parcels and paraphernalia.
H1 U 59

I made a card very much like that for Hobbits in a later set. So obviously, it’s fantastic. Laughing

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:58 am
Changed. Better?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

NBarden
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:09 am
Thranduil wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:

That’s right, which is why it requires a whole lot of exertion and such like to pull it off.
Thanks for all the reviews. How’s my new wording?

The dwarves are being brought for a close (unless anyone want me to ’reprint’ my threat strategy which as found at this link: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about4225-0-asc-0.html)
So, time for a few fun cards:

1 • Grandson of Kings Dwarven
Condition
Bearer must be Thorin.
H1 R 35

Nice.

1 • Durin’s Day Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale.
Each time a Dwarf loses a skirmish, discard the top card of your draw deck.
At the start of the regroup phase, exert a Dwarf or discard this condition.
H1 R 20

Somewhat risky, but if you get this later in the game, it could pay off. Or just manipulate Starkhorn. Wink

Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H1 R 15

OUCH! With Dwarven threat-adding like they have, this can get pretty nasty. Good thing its unique.

0 Traveling Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
To play, spot a Dwarf.
H1 U 59

And here’s the solution. Just heal the dwarf you exerted back up. Basically, replace all the texts on your conditions with add 2.

Thranduil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:55 am
NBarden wrote:
And here’s the solution. Just heal the dwarf you exerted back up. Basically, replace all the texts on your conditions with add 2.

Not quite, (not all of the exertions take place when you move), but that is what the card is for. And it’s seriously inefficient healing.
Thanks for your review! GP

I’ll just add one to the pageant of artifacts and cool stuff spoiled:

2 • Orcrist Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Maneuver: If bearer is Thorin, exert him to make him strength +2 (and defender +1 if you can spot an Orc) until the regroup phase (limit twice per phase).
They had called it Orcrist, Goblin-cleaver, but the goblins called it simply ’Biter’.
H1 R 47

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:58 am
Thranduil wrote:
2 • Orcrist Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Bearer is damage +1.
Maneuver: If bearer is Thorin, exert him twice to make him strength +4 (and defender +1 if you can spot an Orc) until the regroup phase.
They had called it Orcrist, Goblin-cleaver, but the goblins called it simply ’Biter’.
H1 R 47

I understand why you want to make it an artifact, but since Sting and Glamdring are both possessions, I feel strongly that Orcrist should be, too.

I also think I’d change his ability to +2 and exert him once, and limit it to twice per phase. I think it would see a lot more use then...you could still get the effects you have now, but you could go for something a little lesser if you don’t need +4.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards