LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:14 pm
Least Faves:
Galadriel, Bearer of Light
Gandalf, Bearer of Knowledge

A lot of really interesting ideas, guys!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:43 pm
I’ll vote later, just had to say, Pippin, Bearer of Stupidity is an awesome combo with Westfarthing Businessman. Although that’s probably not what you wanted to hear...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:30 am
Well, my favourites are elf lvr’s and AKiE’s, but I don’t want to reveal my least favourites in public, so I’ll PM Lem0nhead my vote.

There are some great cards up. Well done guys!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:34 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Galadriel, Bearer of light and Gandalf

What no one likes the elegant simplicity of my card?!?!
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:43 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
What no one likes the elegant simplicity of my card?!?!

Well, let’s check out your card:

0 Galadriel, Elven Lady
Str 3
Vit 3
Ring Res 5
While Galadriel is Strength X she is Resistance +X Fellowship Add a burden to heal up to 2 companions

Things that are missing:

1: Uniqueness
2: Culture
3: Class & Sub-class (e.g. Companion • Elf)

Other knocks against it:

1: Bad subtitle
2: Abbreviated terms (e.g "Str", "Vit", "Res")
3: Bad punctuation
4: Overpoweredness

I added the last part because she seems to almost completely dwarf Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom. Sure, Galadriel BoW can get up to 12 resistance if you have 9 Elves in the fellowship, but your Galadriel starts out with 8 and can easily boost it up higher with Elven Sword, Naith Longbow, and Asfaloth, Elven Steed. And to top it all off, this Galadriel has a very strong healing ability, which would be worth including in a deck even if that was her only text. In fact... this Galadriel would be extremely strong as a splash companion, since she costs 0 and has a healing ability that is not culturally enforced. That kinda makes it overpowered.

Those were just the reasons why I didn’t like the card. I’m not trying to say that you’re a bad DC maker, I’m just showing you some things that could be improved to make your card better. Cheers

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:13 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
holy... i swear i made her base resistance 3 and her healing ability could only be used if she was the Ring-Bearer oh well, there’s always other contests
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:26 am
My least favorites are Galadriel, Elven Lady (l3333) and Deagol, Bearer of Birthday Presents (NB). Smile
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:40 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
Ok so its saturday here and no entry from Ingold55 and no edit from SoP (sorry dude but ran out of time). Here are the entries. IMPORTANT: Read the bottom of this post for vote rules!

lem0nhead

2 • Legolas, Bearer of Precision Elven
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Ring Resistance: 4
Archer.
While Legolas bears The One Ring or a bow, he is resistance +1 for each Elven card that has an Elven token on it.
If Legolas is the Ring-bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add two threats or remove 3 Elven tokens.
"....even as he walked open-eyed in the light of this world."

Doesn’t work. Has to be ranged weapon.

Lost Heir

1 • Pippin, Bearer of Stupidity Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Ring Resistance: 5
Pippin is resistance +1 for each Shire condition he bears.
Skirmish: Exert Pippin to make him strength +1 for each Shire condition that has a Shire token on it (limit +3).
“’Fool of a Took!’ he growled. ‘This is a serious journey, not a hobbit walking-party. Throw yourself in next time, and then you will be no further nuisance.’”

Nice. Love the title. works well in a solo deck.

Thranduil

4 ● Aragorn, Bearer of Heritage Gondor
Companion ● Man
Str: 8
Vit: 4
(Res): 3
Aragorn’s resistance is +1 for each Free Peoples culture you can spot.
At the start of each skirmish involving Aragorn, remove 2 Free Peoples culture tokens or add 3 burdens.
The old that is strong does not wither, / Deep roots are not reached by the frost. /// Renewed shall be blade that was broken, / The crownless again shall be king.

Overpowered. Just stick a random condition of each culture and it gives him a strength +1 bonus. To powerful. And not good for a solo-deck.

AnxiousChieftain

2 •Frodo, Meant to Be AloneNOLINK Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Ring Resistance: 8
Each time the fellowship moves, if Frodo is the Ring-bearer, discard another companion from play or exert Frodo.
Response: If the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, discard a Shire event from hand to heal Frodo.
"’You are a Ring-bearer, Frodo. To bear a Ring of Power is to be alone.’"

Terrible. Just run Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer. And resistance 8? Terrible card.

Legoles3333

0 Galadriel, Elven Lady
Str 3
Vit 3
Ring Res 5
While Galadriel is Strength X she is Resistance +X Fellowship Add a burden to heal up to 2 companions

And...why use her as a RB? She’s powerful enough as a RB, or she’s a free companion in the starting fellowship that can provide massive healing.

WeyounsLastClone

3 •Galadriel, Bearer of Light Elven
Companion • Elf
Resistance: 8
Each time the fellowship moves, you may discard 2 Elven cards from hand for each companion you spot to remove all minions or remove a burden.
Skirmish: Exert Galadriel and reveal your hand to make a minion strength -1 for each Shadow card revealed.
"The time of the Elves is over. Do we leave Middle-earth to its fate? Do we let them stand alone?"

SWEET! I love it. I woulda put the resistance at 6, and for that, a little OP, but better than a bunch of other cards.

Aragorn, King In Exile

0Deagol, Bearer of Fate Gollum
Companion
Ringed-resistance: 7
Ring-Bound.
Each time the fellowship moves, add 1 for each companion you can spot.
Fellowship: While the fellowship is at a river site, you may add a burden to play an artifact or possession from your draw deck on Deagol.
“’Smeagol, I’ve got one! I’ve got a fish, Smeag. Smeagol!’”

Deagol RB ROCKS! Anyway, possession? Artifact? And what can be played on Deagol? Other than completely useless and no reason to use him over Smeagol, Bearer of Great Secrets, cool card. In other words, go Deagol, but you messed him up.

Anonymous Prodigy

4 • Gandalf, Bearer of Knowledge Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Resistance: Ring 4
Gandalf is resistance +1 for each artifact and each possession he bears.
Each time the fellowship moves, add [X], where X is the current region number plus Gandalf’s vitality.
”’And yet there lie in his hoards many records that few now can read, even of the lore-masters….’”

I think most people just use a + sign. Other than that, cool. I like the ability. Maybe base resistance 6, since his drawback is so big.

sickofpalantirs

2 •Sam, Bearer of Office Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength • 3
Vitality • 4
Resistance 5
While Sam bears the One Ring, he is resistance +1 for each follower you can spot. Manuever : Spot a companion bearing a Shire follower,and add a burden to heal that companion.( Limit once per turn)
Samwise was the Mayor of the shire for many of the year after the war of the ring.

AWESOME! SWEET! Just...awesome!

elf lvr

2 *Legolas, Bearer of Mistrust Elven
Companion * Elf
Strength: 6
Ring Resistance: 6
Archer.
While you cannot spot another companion, the fellowship always has initiative and Legolas is resistance +2.
If Legolas is the Ring-bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add two burdens or remove 3 Elven cards from your discard pile from the game.
Archery: If the fellowship has initiative, discard 3 cards from hand to wound a minion.
"I would not trust this treasure to a dwarf! I will bear it."

Nice. The drawback could be good or bad, early in the game, you’re gonna have to add burdens, and that’s good, but once the game gets going and the Elven culture starts peeling burdens, the drawback becomes non-existant. Not to mention he’s easy to get to high resistance.

DainIronfoot

1Déagol, Bearer of Things Lost Gollum
Companion
Ring Resistance: 7
Ring-bound.
While bearing The One Ring, each time Déagol or Sméagol exerts or takes a wound, wound another companion or add a threat.
Fellowship: If the fellowship is at a marsh or river, add 1 (or exert Déagol) and place a Gollum or Shire card from hand beneath your draw deck to draw a card.
Skirmish: If Déagol is the Ring-bearer, add a burden to make Déagol or Sméagol strength +2.
“‘I found this, and I’m going to keep it.’”

Okay, this is the king of Deagol RBs. It works well in solo and without solo. And once you max threats, no drawback!

There seems to have been mucho confusion on whether it was a solo rb or not. I said an ARB that CAN work well solo not HAD to work solo. I meant like smeagol or boromir that COULD be used solo whereas someone like gandalf cant really manage it. Looks like i made a bodge of the objective somehow. Sorry for any confusion.

NOTE:

Anyways good luck everyone voting is open. Vote for the 2 least useful RB’s as was discussed in this thread earlier. Its not the nicest way of doing it but it ensures we should get an elimination as there are many entries.

Voting deadline is whenever i can next get online so sometime next week, so vote fast please to be sure!

Best:

1. Dain
2. SoP

Worst:

1. Thranduil
2. l3333
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:58 am
Greetings from Barbados dudes. Ive managed to get on a net terminal so ill end the voting now as weve had a fair few votes. Looks like the 2 galadriels are going out. Sorry L3333 and WLC nice entries, better luck next time.

OK the next round will be:

Design a NON OP minion with more than 16 strength that isnt Sauron or the Balrog. It doesnt matter what culture as long as its a shadow culture (so no meta rules breaking).

Deadline is when i get back from holiday so you have until the 17th june to submit.

Cheers.

See yas later!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:08 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’m not sure whether to be relieved or depressed that my card did so poorly, yet I get to move on. I thought WLC’s was superior to mine. Sorry, buddy. Crying or Very sad

A 17+ strength minion, not Sauron or ol’ Balgy, any Shadow culture, and not overpowered. I know JUST the thing. Twisted Evil

Have fun in Barbados, dude, and now GET OFF AND SPEND TIME WITH YOUR WIFE! Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards