LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
84%
  [ 16 ]  84%

15%
  [ 3 ]  15%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 19
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:02 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Nice article. I’ve never actually run Ninja Gollum. I might just have to try it.

BTW, how would this shadow fare against its own FP Elven Events? (since they’re sorta tank, but the strength stuff comes from events rather than static bonuses, so Unseen Foe isn’t as useful)
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:24 pm
Unseen Foe is a disappointment against Elvents; however, you can just discard it with Not Easily Avoided. Thumbs Up

Thanks for the vote, EL! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:38 am
Good solid Article. Nicely written.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:48 pm
Pretty good article, but the one thing that killed it for me was the 39+ smilies in the article. I really think that smilies in articles should be few and far between, so that they actually have some meaning.

By the way, when you’re listing the different cards and explaining strategy, the link for Not Easily Avoided doesn’t work (it’s missing ".jpg").

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 7:57 pm
Thanks for the review, AC. I fixed the link to Not Easily Avoided, and I also cut down considerably on the smilies (I guess I went overboard). Razz

Thanks again! Very Happy
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sweet job! a 5
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
the angry orc
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:04 pm
nice! the ninja gollum stuff is actually what got me back into lotr after a long time away so i always enjoy reading about decks that revolve around him. very informative and detailed. you’ve managed to make me add about 10 cards to my want list!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 am
Thanks for the reviews and votes, guys! Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:14 am
All right, great article, but cut EVERY SINGLE smiley. They don’t belong in articles. I think that once I may have used a smiley in an article, which is okay occasionally, but as a rule, no smileys.

Other than being about a particular deck, you covered all the bases extremely well. What was missing is a section on how to play the deck. Like, add a section narrating a hypothetical game or something along those lines.

Right now a 4, but if you add that section, probably a 5. If you cut the smileys as well, definite 5 Mr. Green
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:35 am
I dropped the smileys and added a strategy section on how to get set up and keep the deck going.

Thanks for the review! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest