LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
84%
  [ 16 ]  84%

15%
  [ 3 ]  15%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 19
locutusaborg
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:38 pm
thank gawd for toil Smile
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:41 pm
And the same for Treacherous Little Toad. Very Happy
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:16 am
Having already seen this article i knew it was gonna be good but the way youve answered challenges to your wording or choices and a few adjustments will merit you a 5 as there isnt anything wrong with it at all! Thumbs Up
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:18 am
Thanks for the review and vote, lem0n! Very Happy
maxidoodle
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:04 am
Good article, AP.

Like the use of strategies with multiple cards, the price tally (to show how expensive NG can get), and the concept of the T&D cards.

Even though this deck does contain Not Easily Avoided, I still think it’s too big at 43 cars a side. Plus, NEA RANDOMLY discards cards, which can prove to be an issue...

If you could slim that down to about 35-37 cards a side and pair it with a well-cycling fellowship, I’d give it a 5.

I’ll wait to vote. Wink

EDIT: Here’s some suggestions for slimming:

-1 Gollum, Hopeless
-1 Plotting
-1 Treacherous Little Toad
-2 Set Up
-2 Countless Cords
-1 Not Easily Avoided
-1 Sting of Shelob

+1 Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings
+1 Fat One Wants It

Now, your shadow side has only 36 cards, and can still cycle well, especially with Elvents.
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:17 am
I slimmed both sides down to 39 cards. How does it look now?
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:27 am
I really enjoyed the article, it was well written and made for an easy read. One major flaw, however, is that it is way, WAY, too big. Even with a deck type that can cycle like mad, 43/43 is far to large. If you were to slim it down a bit, you could stop relying on Not Easily Avoided to fetch all of your conditions for you and simply rely on your already impressive cycling ability with the elven brothers. Actual changes to the deck that I would suggest would be:

Arrow Drop 1 copy of plotting, you’ll never get a chance, or the twilight for that matter, to use two in one game.
Arrow Drop 2 not easily avoided, As long as you drop some cards to slim your deck down, you should be okay with only one of these.
Arrow Drop 1 Deceit
Arrow Drop 1 Gollum, Hopeless, From what I’ve seen, this gollum isn’t as great as everyone says he is, unless you’re facing an alternate ring bearer such as gimli, BoG or Boromir, BoC, he is utterly useless.
Arrow Drop 2 Countless Cords, You should be relying on wounding with threats to win skirmishes, not strength.
Arrow Drop 1 Set up
Arrow Drop 1 Sting of Shelob, This is far too expensive to include more than one copy in any deck (unless you plan on utilizing ambush Wink )

You’re freeps side looks great, it’s a standard Elvents deck, which can prove very potent when in the right hands. It also cycles very well which may allow you to keep a deck as large as 37/37 and still be relatively fine.

If you were to make these changes, it would slim your deck down to a lean 35/35. As of now, I’d give this deck a solid 4, but if you could slim it down a bit it would easily be in range for a 5. Wink I’ll wait a bit to vote.

Edit: I see that you’ve slimmed it down to 39/39, this is good, but I would still recommend dropping it to at LEAST 37/37. It is, however, your deck and I’ve never played with it so, frankly, you know more about how it cycles than I do. If you think 39/39 is small enough, then who am I to argue? 5 from me. Very Happy
Last edited by PorterTroll on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:35 am
I cut both sides down to 36 cards. Thumbs Up

Thanks for the reviews, guys! Very Happy
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:45 am
Well done! This deck will be a force to be reckoned with! Applause
Last edited by PorterTroll on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
maxidoodle
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:52 am
I like that you’ve slimmed it down, but there are still a lot of unnecessary cards in there. You’ll need at LEAST 3 promise keeping and 3 Not this time! Get rid of set up and countless cords. Followers aren’t too much of a problem. Also, NG focuses on winning with wounding, not strength. Plus, countless cords is taking up deckspace, IMO. I doubt you’ll find much practical use for it in the NG deck.
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest