LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
84%
  [ 16 ]  84%

15%
  [ 3 ]  15%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 19
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:53 am
maxidoodle wrote:
I like that you’ve slimmed it down, but there are still a lot of unnecessary cards in there. You’ll need at LEAST 3 promise keeping and 3 Not this time! Get rid of set up and countless cords. Followers aren’t too much of a problem, and you should be focusing on winning with wounds, not strength.

This is exactly the Ninja Gollum mindset, win with stealth and tricks, not strength, I completely agree with Maxidoodle.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:02 pm
I dropped Countless Cords and Set Up and brought Not This Time! and Promise Keeping back to 3 copies apiece. Thumbs Up

Thanks for the reviews, guys! Cool
I had to put something here.
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:27 pm
Well, Ninja Gollum isn’t really my thing Razz , but as far as the article was concerned, it was well written, concise for the vast amount of info it contained, it explain the purposes of each card and why they were going to be use, and it had a matchup section. I would have given it a 5 out of 5, AP. I thought it was as good as Filipe’s article.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:43 pm
Wow, thanks, KiE! Very Happy

Don’t forget to cast your vote, guys! Thumbs Up
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:38 am
Very detailed, very specific and very well written. Attention to detail is (almost) always good, but I think the bit when you spoiled a list too large then cut it down was unnecessary. You should have spoiled the deck-list cut down, then explained briefly why some cards didn’t make the final deck-list.
I give it 5 because it was so detailed. Good job! Thumbs Up

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:00 am
I cleaned up the article a bit according to your suggestion. Thumbs Up

Thanks for the review and vote, Thranduil! Very Happy
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:02 am
Thranduil wrote:
Very detailed, very specific and very well written. Attention to detail is (almost) always good, but I think the bit when you spoiled a list too large then cut it down was unnecessary. You should have spoiled the deck-list cut down, then explained briefly why some cards didn’t make the final deck-list.
I give it 5 because it was so detailed. Good job! Thumbs Up

Thranduil

Personally, I liked the way he explicated the longer list in order to condense it into the breviloquent version that we saw at the end. It helped me to understand why he chose the cards he did and what their specific purpose was.
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:36 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
Personally, I liked the way he explicated the longer list in order to condense it into the breviloquent version that we saw at the end. It helped me to understand why he chose the cards he did and what their specific purpose was.

Fair enough, I was only voicing my opinion - I didn’t claim to represent yours! Mr. Green

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:13 pm
Thranduil wrote:
PorterTroll wrote:

Fair enough, I was only voicing my opinion - I didn’t claim to represent yours! Mr. Green

Thranduil

Oh, my bad, I didn’t mean to come off as all "high and mighty" I was simply explaining why I liked his format, sorry if you thought I was bashing you. Very Happy
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:31 am
PorterTroll wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
PorterTroll wrote:

Thranduil

Oh, my bad, I didn’t mean to come off as all "high and mighty" I was simply explaining why I liked his format, sorry if you thought I was bashing you. Very Happy

No, not at all, I was just joking. You should know by now not to take things I say too seriously!

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest