LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:13 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
isengard warrior
covering fire
pillage of rohan
cavern entrance

Anyway, Anvar was arguing that since Saruman’s Snows got X-ed, EA should get X-ed too. As all of these examples show, the idea of skipping phases is by no means unique to just a couple cards. And perhaps it’s powerful. But you also don’t get to stick any other possessions on that elf. It has to be a unique elf. And you cut yourself out of any archery stuff.

Not to mention that it can be combatted by the only archery shadow running around there now. Thought of using Strange-Looking Men to get rid of it?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:26 pm
Isengard warrior only works while you can spot another Isengard orc and because its a minion, its effect won’t be in play for more than one phase.

Covering fire, once again, only skips the archery phase for ONE turn.

Pillage of Rohan is simply a powerful card, it has nothing to do with skipping phases of any sort. The same goes for cavern entrance, none of these cards can compete in strength with elven armaments, its broken and no amount of comparisons to other cards can change that.
No other previous card can so easily erase a phase from the game and for such a long duration.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:06 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
isengard warrior
covering fire
pillage of rohan
cavern entrance
Isengard Warrior only prevents the use of archery special abilities. There is still an archery total and archery events like double shot can still be used.

Covering fire - Again only sticks around one phase and doesn’t actually skip the phase. Just means that the arrows get loosed blindly instead of being able to direct them.

Pillage of Rohan - Basically a waste of a slot since stacking Uruks was very difficult. Nobody that I know of used this card. Easily removed with condition removal which was rampant at the time (Sleep Caradhras, Secret Sentinels, Grown Suddenly Tall etc...)

Cavern Entrance - Fixed in the newer version to still allow events to be played. It doesn’t skip the phase just prevents abilities from being used. Elven armaments skips the entire phase... no arrows fly skip straight to the skirmish phase. Plus since it is a free peoples’ card, it will stick around for a while unless you are playing against corsairs, in which case it is probably better to just toss it since they don’t have much archery.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:34 pm
Merrick_Hale wrote:
Pillage of Rohan - Basically a waste of a slot since stacking Uruks was very difficult. Nobody that I know of used this card. Easily removed with condition removal which was rampant at the time (Sleep Caradhras, Secret Sentinels, Grown Suddenly Tall etc...)

Um...hello! This is one of the most powerful cards for Isengard site control. Just run Uruk Besieger and co and voila! Elvents are dead! Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
alehaak
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:05 pm
You need to:

1st. Control a site.
2nd.Keep this minion with 6str alive against a elvent deck. (very difficult)
3rd. Stack this minion on the regroup on that site
AND keep that condition on the table... knowing that your opponent is using EVENTS and there are events like:
Company of Archers
Lothlorien Guides
Seclusion
Secret Sentinels
The Seen and the Unseen

isn’t that easy to do this against an elvent deck :p
My haves / Wants:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about2584-0-asc-0.html

I really want Aragorn's Bow, Ranger Longbow and 3 Gondor Bowmen. Pm me.
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:24 pm
Fine, use Uruk Trooper.

Anyone thought of using it in a Sauron deck with Sauron Uruk-Hai?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:44 am
Nbarden, this all looks great on paper, but have you tried to build a cohesive deck that revolves around this combo? I personally haven’t, but based on past experience, combos that are this twitchy (require the right cards in the right order, an opponent to not immediately grasp the strategy and to not have any form of site liberation or condition removal in his deck) rarely work.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:03 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
You know, you’ve still got Hillman Horde, which is easily splashed into any site control deck to nix the archery phase. And controlling sites is insanely easy with the new cultures. Would you X that one, too?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
and most of those cards are shadow cards, thus can’t be used the whole game as previously pointed out.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:26 pm
Hillman Horde actually made sense for his culture. Come on now, archery decks murdered Dunland, they needed some defense against it. Maybe skipping the phase was a little too extreme, I agree with that, it should have been a reduction in the fellowship archery total.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit