LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:38 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Lost Heir wrote:
3 •Gloin, Dwarf of the Lonely Mountain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
While you can spot 3 Dwarven tokens, Gloin gains Lord.
While you can spot 4 Dwarven tokens, Gloin gains Muster.
Fellowship: Remove a Dwarven token to place a card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
”...amid the splendour of their works of hand the hearts of the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain were troubled.”
LG U 54

Awesome lore on your cards. Brownie points for that. Smile Like AP suggested, I’d limit the cards you get back to Dwarven ones, or make it 2 tokens (and maybe then just 1 if that card is Dwarven).

Lost Heir wrote:
1 Don’t Tell the Elf Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, reveal the top card of your draw deck, add X Dwarven tokens here, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed (limit 4).
Regroup: Remove a Dwarven token from here to draw a card.
”Not a word.”
LG C 55

Awesome title and lore! Thumbs Up The card is neat too, though I’d do either a semicolon between "draw deck" and "add", or just split them into two sentences. I’d also make this unique, as AP suggested, but I think 2 would be a fine cost.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:41 pm
Lost Heir wrote:
A couple more Dwarven cards.

Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Remove a Dwarven token to place a card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
”...amid the splendour of their works of hand the hearts of the Dwarves of the Lonely Mountain were troubled.”
LG U 54

AP’s right, should be Dwarven card. Great though, especially with loads of fellowship drawing that the dwarves are famous for.

1 Don’t Tell the Elf Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
When you play this condition, reveal the top card of your draw deck, add X Dwarven tokens here, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed (limit 4).
”Not a word.”
LG C 55

Should be unique, otherwise if you have Sauron on the top of your deck, you’ll be getting 4 conditions in the same turn with 18 tokens on it! Alternatively, you could discard the card instead of just revealing it, which at least makes you work a bit more.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:57 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Lost Heir wrote:
A couple more Dwarven cards.

Companion • Dwarf
Fellowship: Remove a Dwarven token to place a Dwarven card from your discard pile on top of your draw deck.
LG U 54
make it except a companion IMHO

2 •Don’t Tell the Elf Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
”Not a word.”
LG C 55

cool! you could cut the cost to 1 though
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Lost Heir
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:37 pm
The last of the Dwarven cards.

2 •Mithril-coat, Kingly Gift Dwarven
Artifact • Armor
To play exert a Dwarf.
Bearer must be a Ring-bound Hobbit.
Minions skirmishing bearer lose all keywords and are unable to gain keywords.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck; if it is a Dwarven card, take it into hand.
”’That was a kingly gift!’”
LG R 57

1 •Dwarven Helm Dwarven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, reveal the top card of your draw deck; remove X Dwarven tokens, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed to prevent that wound.
LG C 58
Last edited by Lost Heir on Wed May 23, 2007 6:24 pm; edited 2 times in totalCheck out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:39 pm
Lost Heir wrote:

Artifact • Armor
To play exert a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Exert bearer to reveal the top card of your draw deck; if it is a Dwarven card, take it into hand.
LG R 57
Wow. Pretty freakin sweet. But with the exertion cost and forcing someone to run a Shire Ring-bound companion... it seems okay.

1 Dwarven Helm Dwarven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Vitality +1
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, reveal the top card of your draw deck; remove X Dwarven tokens, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed to prevent that wound.
LG C 58
Dwarves have way to many 0-costing cards. Maybe drop the vitality boost, or make it unique.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:19 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Lost Heir wrote:

Artifact • Armor
To play exert a Dwarf.
LG R 57
remember the eowyn thing? it makes them lose race and stuff. which is too good.

1 •Dwarven Helm Dwarven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Vitality +1
LG C 58

nice but make it cost 2
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:10 pm
Lost Heir wrote:

Artifact • Armor
To play exert a Dwarf.
LG R 57

Like SoP said, watch out for the Eowyn, Northwoman / Into the caves thing. Specify ’(except race, type and culture)’. Nice.

1 •Dwarven Helm Dwarven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Vitality +1
LG C 58

Interesting take on telepathy, looking for low-cost cards, but I also think that Dwarves are too good at that (having low-cost cards, that is). Not sure what you could do unless it was ’remove 4 minus the twilight cost of the card revealed’, but it’s too complicated and I wouldn’t be sure how exactly to word it.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards