LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okay, so it’s time for Gondor! We’ll start with the card I’ve already spoiled...

0•Beacon of Amon Dîn Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Gondor companion and add a threat to play a Gondor follower (except a wraith) from your draw deck. You may add 2 to attach that follower to a companion.
"The beacon! The beacon of Amon Dîn is lit!"
R
nice!

0•Beacon of Amon Calenhad Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here.
Maneuver: Remove X tokens from here and exert a Gondor companion to remove [X]. Discard this condition.
This beacon was lit only in times of great need.
U
make it a or regroup for the ability

0•Beacon of Amon Eilenach Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here.
Response: If your Gondor condition is about to be discarded, exert a companion and remove a token from here (or remove two tokens from here) to prevent that.
Amon Eilenach communicated primarily with Anorien, and was one that kept a close watch on the surroundings of the White City.
R
nice!

0•Beacon of Amon Erelas Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove a token from this condition and from X other Gondor conditions to heal X companions. Discard this condition or two cards from hand.
The beacon on Amon Erelas was small, and only lit if needed.
U
I want to see the wraith followers. make it or 2 gondor cards from hand

0•Beacon of Amon Halifirien Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here (or add a threat to reinforce a Gondor token).
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor follower (except a wraith) to make a Gondor companion strength +1 for each Gondor token here. Discard this condition.
Halifirien was a great hill, as well as the burial-place of Elendil.
R
underpowered. get rid of the discard a follower

0•Beacon of Amon Nardol Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here (or add a threat to add two Gondor tokens here).
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor token from here and discard a Gondor follower (except a wraith) from hand to make a Gondor companion strength +2.
Amon Nardol was named for the enormous fire that would burn upon its summit in times of trouble.
R
make it remove 2 gondor tokens from here, or discard a gondor follower (EAW) from hand...strength +2

0•Beacon of Amon Min-Rimmon Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove three tokens from here to make a Gondor companion strength +2. Discard this condition.
The beacon on Amon Min-Rimmon was located at the base of the White Mountains.
U

get rid of the discard this condition. IMHO
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:16 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okay, so it’s time for Gondor! We’ll start with the card I’ve already spoiled...

Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Exert a Gondor companion and add a threat to play a Gondor follower (except a wraith) from your draw deck. You may add 2 to attach that follower to a companion.
R
Neat.

Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove X tokens from here and exert a Gondor companion to remove [X]. Discard this condition.
U
Not bad.

Condition • Support Area
Response: If your Gondor condition is about to be discarded, exert a companion and remove a token from here (or remove two tokens from here) to prevent that.
Amon Eilenach communicated primarily with Anorien, and was one that kept a close watch on the surroundings of the White City.
R
I don’t know. The ability to stop condition discarding seem really powerful. Maybe make it cost 2 tokens and an exertion...

Condition • Support Area
Maneuver: Remove a token from this condition and from X other Gondor conditions to heal X companions. Discard this condition or two cards from hand.
U
Nice.

Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here (or add a threat to reinforce a Gondor token).
Skirmish: Discard a Gondor follower (except a wraith) to make a Gondor companion strength +1 for each Gondor token here. Discard this condition.
R
Okay.

Condition • Support Area
Each time a Gondor follower (except a wraith) is played, you may add a Gondor token here (or add a threat to add two Gondor tokens here).
Skirmish: Remove a Gondor token from here and discard a Gondor follower (except a wraith) from hand to make a Gondor companion strength +2.
Amon Nardol was named for the enormous fire that would burn upon its summit in times of trouble.
R
Balanced.

Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Remove three tokens from here to make a Gondor companion strength +2. Discard this condition.
U
This is sorta weak. It’d be cool to add the "discard this condition (or two cards from hand)." on this one.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:25 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
R

Move the "(except a wraith)" to be in front of "Gondor companion". Great card otherwise, I like the add 2 to attach it to a companion instead of paying the aid cost.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
U

Ok are you giving Followers races? I’d drop the "(except a wraith)" part. I’d make the maneuver action a regroup action.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
R

Same concern about Followers having races. Definately make it "...exert a Gondor companion and...", just wouldn’t make sense to have Pippin or Rosie Cotton prevent a Gondor condition from being discarded.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
U

Ok we’ll just assume you get rid of the races on the followers unless that really is what you’re doing. Pretty good otherwise!

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
R

Hmm, neat!

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
R

Balanced and good.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
U

Neat-o. You’ve got some good ideas with these conditions, no doubt about that. The Followers having races still bugs me. Laughing
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:57 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
My followers don’t have races...in the Underdwellers set, I had a few of the Undead as followers...and each of them had the keyword "Wraith".

Thanks for the reviews! I’ll make changes soon, but I have to go now...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:54 pm
Okay, now you get a couple of followers for your patient time!

1•Forlong, Lord of Lossarnach Gondor
Follower
Vitality: +1
Aid- Remove a Gondor token.
To play, spot 2 Gondor men.
Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, exert him to discard an exhausted minion.
"...a man of wide shoulders and huge girth, but old and grey-bearded, yet mail-clad and black-helmed and bearing a long heavy spear."
R

1•Outlands Company Gondor
Follower
Resistance: +2
While you can spot 2 rangers, bearer is strength +2, and each time he wins a skirmish, you may exert him to reinforce a Gondor token.
"...marching to defend the City of Gondor in a dark hour..."
R
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Mon May 28, 2007 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okay, now you get a couple of followers for your patient time!

Follower
"...a man of wide shoulders and huge girth, but old and grey-bearded, yet mail-clad and black-helmed and bearing a long heavy spear."
R
nice!

0•Outlands Company Gondor
Follower
While you can spot 2 rangers, bearer is strength +2.
R

maybe and each time he wins a skirmish you may reinforce a gondor token?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:54 pm
Change made. Anyone else, feel free to review the followers.

1•Derufin, Valiant Warrior Gondor
Follower
Strength: +1
Each time you transfer Derufin to a companion, you may discard a Gondor card from hand to discard a possession.
"...and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil, leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters."
R

1•Duilin, Brother to Derufin Gondor
Follower
Resistance: +1
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may exert bearer to exert a minion.
"...tall Duinhir with his sons, Duilin and Derufin, and five hundred bowmen."
R

1•Reinforcements Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion bearing a Gondor follower wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Gondor token.
At the start of the regroup phase, exert a Gondor man or discard this condition.
"And so the companies came and were hailed and cheered and passed through the Gate..."
U
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Mon May 28, 2007 10:35 pm; edited 2 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:18 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Follower
R

LOVE the aid cost. Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
0•Outlands Company Gondor
Follower
While you can spot 2 rangers, bearer is strength +2, and each time he wins a skirmish, you may exert him to reinforce a Gondor token.
R

"he or she" and "him or her", just to be PC. Razz I’d make it cost 1 or 2.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Follower
Each time you transfer Derufin to a companion, you may discard a card from hand to discard a possession.
"...and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil, leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters."
R

Neat! Maybe make it a Gondor card you have to discard, though.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Follower
R

I think that lore has been used before, but a good card otherwise.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
1•Reinforcements Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion bearing a Gondor follower wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Gondor token. At the start of the regroup phase, exert a Gondor man or discard this condition.
"And so the companies came and were hailed and cheered and passed through the Gate..."
U

The second sentence should be on a new line, but that’s the only "problem" I see.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:54 pm
Duilin, Ranger of Blackroot Vale used similar lore, but I actually quoted from the book...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:24 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Change made. Anyone else, feel free to review the followers.

Follower
Each time you transfer Derufin to a companion, you may discard a card from hand to discard a possession.
R
Cool. Interesting Aid cost.

Follower
R
I might change the resistance bonus to a strength one, since the ability costs an exertion and the aid is a token.

1•Reinforcements Gondor
Condition • Support Area
Each time a companion bearing a Gondor follower wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Gondor token. At the start of the regroup phase, exert a Gondor man or discard this condition.
U
[b]Works really well with the other followers.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards