LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:00 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
1 Caution Gollum F
Condition
Vitality: +1
To play, spot Smeagol. Bearer must be a companion.
At the start of the regroup phase, add a threat or discard this condition.
" ’Foolish! Silly!’ he hissed. ’Make haNOLINKste! They mustn’t think danger has passed. It hasn’t. MaNOLINKke haste!’ "
C

I’d make it unique. Alternatively, you could make it "Limit one per bearer" and/or only allow Ring-bound companions to bear it.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2 Gnats in a Net Gollum S
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Gollum minion at a mountain to make that minion gain the following game text: "Each time an unbound companion is assigned to this minion, you may exert this minion to make that companion strength -2 while skirmishing this minion."
" ’Trapped in the end!’ said Sam bitterly..."
U

"...strength -2 until the end of that skirmish" would be better, I think. Neat card. Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
0•Smeagol, Clever Climber Gollum F
Companion
Strength: 3
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 6
Ring-bound. To play, add a burden.
Skirmish: If the Fellowship is at a mountain, exert Smeagol (or Gollum) and remove a Gollum token to make each minion skirmishing Smeagol strength -2.
" ’There’s another stair still,’ he said. ’Much longer stair.’ "
U

Cool!

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
1 Very Far to Fall Gollum S
Condition • Support Area
While the Fellowship is at a mountain, each Hobbit companion is strength -1.
Each time the Fellowship moves, remove a threat (or remove 2 if the Fellowship moves to a mountain) or discard this condition.
Skirmish: If your Gollum condition is about to be discarded, exert a Gollum minion to prevent that.
" ’Careful!’ he whispered. ’Steps. Lots of steps. Must be careful!’ "
R

Gollum likes mountains in this set, doesn’t he? Awesome card, but it needs to be unique.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:01 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
1 Caution Gollum F
Condition
" ’Foolish! Silly!’ he hissed. ’Make haNOLINKste! They mustn’t think danger has passed. It hasn’t. MaNOLINKke haste!’ "
C

Nice - threat thing means you can’t have too many or use them too early.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Spot a Gollum minion at a mountain to make that minion gain the following game text: "Each time an unbound companion is assigned to this minion, you may exert this minion to make that companion strength -2 while skirmishing this minion."
U

I think this would work better as a condition that plays on a minion. If you still want it as an event, the game text needs to be added until the regroup phase, otherwise it does nothing. And you can leave out ’game text’ in that sentence.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion
Skirmish: If the Fellowship is at a mountain, exert Smeagol (or Gollum) and remove a Gollum token to make each minion skirmishing Smeagol strength -2.
U

I’d make him resistance 5 like most other Smeagols. Nice.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
Each time the Fellowship moves, remove a threat (or remove 2 if the Fellowship moves to a mountain) or discard this condition.
Skirmish: If your Gollum condition is about to be discarded, exert a Gollum minion to prevent that.
R

You don’t need to capitalise the ’f’ in ’fellowship’, by the way. The third ability has to be a response action, otherwise you won’t be able to use it to save your conditions, and I’d probably take out that line anyway, especially since Deceit is now in play.

Great ideas.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:46 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

1 Caution Gollum F
Condition
C
start of each regroup phase

Event • Maneuver
U
cool
Companion
U
should it be from your/a gollum condition? [b]

Condition • Support Area
[b]Skirmish:
If your Gollum condition is about to be discarded, exert a Gollum minion to prevent that.
R

cool kinda evil with an enduring shelob Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:15 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Okay, here’s the final list for Gollum!

1 An Ageless Menace Gollum S
Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is at a mountain, Shelob may not be discarded by the Free Peoples player.
Skirmish: Exert Shelob and discard a card from hand to make her damage +1. (limit once per skirmish)
"There agelong she had dwelt, an evil thing in spider-form, even such as once of old had lived in the Land of the Elves in the West that is now under the Sea..."
R

1 Caution Gollum F
Condition
To play, spot Smeagol. Limit one per bearer.
C

Condition
Bearer must be a Gollum minion. While at a mountain, bearer gains: "At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may exert this minion to make a companion in that skirmish strength -2 until the end of that skirmish."
U

2•Had Her Fun Gollum S
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard an Ungol minion and exert Shelob to make her strength +2. (limit once per skirmish)
" ’D’you remember old Ufthak? We lost him for days. Then we found him in a corner; hanging up he was, but he was wide awake and glaring.’ "
C

0•Shadowy Pass Gollum S
Condition • Support Area
The current site is a mountain.
At the start of the regroup phase, discard a Gollum minion or this condition.
"Out of it came a stench, not the sickly odour of decay in the meads of Morgul, but a foul reek, as if filth unnameable were piled and hoarded in the dark within."
R

6•Shelob, Terror of Cirith Ungol Gollum S
Minion • Spider
Strength: 8
Vitality: 8
Site: 8
Fierce.
Each time Shelob is wounded or exerted, you may remove a threat to make her strength +3 until the start of the regroup phase.
" ’They say a dark terror dwells there...’ "
U

2 She’s After Meat Gollum S
Condition
Bearer must be Shelob
Skirmish: If bearer is not assigned to a skirmish, discard this condition to have bearer replace a minion skirmishing a companion.
" ’She doesn’t eat dead meat, nor suck cold blood.’ "
U

Companion
Resistance: 5
Skirmish: If the fellowship is at a mountain, exert Smeagol (or Gollum) and remove a Gollum token to make each minion skirmishing Smeagol strength -2.
U

1 Tunnels of Cirith Ungol Gollum S
Condition
Bearer must be a Gollum minion.
Skirmish: If bearer is Shelob, remove a threat to make the Free Peoples player choose to either make Shelob strength +2 or exert an unbound companion. (limit twice per skirmish)
"Too little did he or his master know of the craft of Shelob. She had many exits from her lair."
U

2•Ufthak, Caught by Shelob Gollum S
Follower
Aid-Remove two threats.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, if bearer is a Gollum minion, you may remove 2 to add a threat. You may spot an Ungol minion to add an additional threat.
"When she’s hunting, she just gives ’em a dab in the neck and they go as limp as boned fish..."
R

Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is at a mountain, each Hobbit companion is strength -1.
Each time the fellowship moves, remove a threat (or remove 2 if the Fellowship moves to a mountain) or discard this condition.
R

And because I’m evil...you won’t get to see an Ungol minion yet. Razz But, I’m doing Isengard...is that okay?
2•Crebain Spies Isengard
Follower
Site: -2
Aid-2
Reinforcements 3.
Bearer must be a non-enduring minion.
"Just a whiff of cloud..."
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:21 pm; edited 2 times in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
menace64
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:35 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

Condition • Support Area
While the fellowship is at a mountain, Shelob may not be discarded by the Free Peoples player.
Skirmish: Exert Shelob and discard a card from hand to make her damage +1. (limit once per skirmish)
"There agelong she had dwelt, an evil thing in spider-form, even such as once of old had lived in the Land of the Elves in the West that is now under the Sea..."
R

Props for title!
"...is at a mountain site..."
A fine card!

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
1 Caution Gollum F
Condition
To play, spot Smeagol. Bearer must be a ring-bound companion.
C

Hmm. I’m undecided on this one. My instincts are yelling at me because it’s a non-unique vitality booster, but the threat text could (and should) be enough to balance it.
Very interesting. It would need to be played before I could give a better opinion.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition
Bearer must be a Gollum minion. While at a mountain, bearer gains: "At the start of each skirmish involving this minion, you may exert this minion to make a companion in that skirmish strength -2 until the end of that skirmish."
U

"While at a mountain site..."
I think it should cost 0. Even then, it isn’t too good.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2•Had Her Fun Gollum S
Condition • Support Area
Skirmish: Discard an Ungol minion and exert Shelob to make her strength +2. (limit once per skirmish)
" ’D’you remember old Ufthak? We lost him for days. Then we found him in a corner; hanging up he was, but he was wide awake and glaring.’ "
C

Unless I’m missing something with the Ungols, this seems over-costed. All that for +2 (and +4 if Shelob happens to be enduring)? 0 or 1 should be fine.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
0•Shadowy Pass Gollum S
Condition • Support Area
"Out of it came a stench, not the sickly odour of decay in the meads of Morgul, but a foul reek, as if filth unnameable were piled and hoarded in the dark within."
R

Nice.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Minion • Spider
Fierce.
Each time Shelob is wounded or exerted, you may remove a threat to make her strength +3 until the start of the regroup phase.
U

lol. This reminds me of my own shelob for Borders of Mordor (which is a good thing!).
This chick is evil. That’s all I can say.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
3 She’s After Meat Gollum S
Event • Skirmish
If Shelob is not assigned to a skirmish, discard a Gollum condition to have her replace a minion in a skirmish.
U

Yikes!! I don’t think this would work very well. If she *doesn’t* skirmish last (and if there’s a lurker minion out she won’t), she can squeeze in an extra fight. And if the Ring-bearer is assigned to some weak pug, all of a sudden he’s fighting Shelob (and will lose).
I’m not sure what to do here that wouldn’t kill the flavor of the card (which it has plenty of). Maybe:
If Shelob is not assigned to a skirmish, discard a Gollum condition borne by a companion to have her replace a minion assigned to skirmish that companion.
That way you’d have to at least get the condition in advance, instead of just dumping one randomly into your support area.
Even then. Still powerful.

I gotta go!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
is ungol a keyword?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:39 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
R

I’m not liking the skirmish special ability, espcially with those enduring Shelobs out there. Maybe have it be: "At the start of each skirmish involving Shelob, you may discard a card from hand to make her damage +1."

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
1 Caution Gollum F
Condition
To play, spot Smeagol. Bearer must be a ring-bound companion.
C

Definately limit it to 1 per bearer, or better yet: make it unique. Yeah, I think that’d be best. Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition
U

Limit it to 1 per bearer, and you’ve got a decent card. Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2•Had Her Fun Gollum S
Condition • Support Area
C

I’d remove the cap on her skirmish ability, since you’re discarding minions from play.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
0•Shadowy Pass Gollum S
Condition • Support Area
R

Remove the second sentence, and replace it with: "Each Gollum minion is strength +1 at this site." Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Minion • Spider
Fierce.
U

Woah, no kidding she’s a terror! I’d almost be tempted to make her a cultural hate Gollum minion, meaning spot a certain number of Free Peoples cultures to make her strength +3 instead of removing threats. It’s a good card either way. Smile

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
3 She’s After Meat Gollum S
Event • Skirmish
If Shelob is not assigned to a skirmish, discard a Gollum condition to have her replace a minion in a skirmish.
U

Great with lurkers, especially Gollum, Skulker! I’d make it a "Toil 2." event.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Companion
Resistance: 5
U

Good, but I think the skirmish special ability should be an "At the start of each skirmish involving Smeagol..." Thumbs Up

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
1 Tunnels of Cirith Ungol Gollum S
Condition
Bearer must be a Gollum minion.
Skirmish: If bearer is Shelob, remove a threat to make the Free Peoples player choose to either make Shelob strength +2 or exert an unbound companion.
"Too little did he or his master know of the craft of Shelob. She had many exits from her lair."
U

Again, make it: "If bearer is Shelob, at the start of each skirmish involving her..." then it would rock.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2•Ufthak, Caught by Shelob Gollum S
Follower
Aid-Remove two threats.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, if bearer is a Gollum minion, you may remove 2 to add a threat (or spot an Ungol minion to add a threat and exert a companion).
"When she’s hunting, she just gives ’em a dab in the neck and they go as limp as boned fish..."
R

Instead of exerting a companion, make it add an additional threat instead. Thumbs Up (In other words, 2 threats)

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Condition • Support Area
R

Woah! Talk about your preventative cards, this one even works better than Deceit! Definately raise the cost at least to 3.

CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
2•Crebain Spies Isengard
Follower
Aid-2
Reinforcements 3.

So all he does is reinforcements 3 when you play him, then makes your minion site number -2? Not very impressive, I’d almost give the minion its transferred to a strength bonus.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:22 pm
Okay, so I’ve tweaked the cards a little. I’m keeping the site number reduction for the Crebain, because the new Isengard cards will play off of low site numbers.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:19 pm
Okey dokey, it’s time to spoil those Crebain!

0 Aid of the Crebain Isengard
Event • Maneuver
Spot two Isengard followers to make a minion site number -1 until the regroup phase.
Saruman’s crebain were able to seek out the weaknesses of the Fellowship.
C

4 Ambush Isengard
Event • Regroup
Spot 2 Isengard followers to make the Free Peoples player choose to wound a companion for each follower over 4 or to move again (if the move limit allows).
An unprepared party could be easily damaged by a swift strike.
R

1 Black-FeaNOLINKthered Spies Isengard
Follower
Site: -3
Aid-1
Reinforcements 3.
If this card is revealed from the top of your draw deck, you may play it as if from hand.
"Spies of SarumNOLINKan..."
C

2 Caught Off-Guard Isengard
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Isengard follower and three non-roaming minions to make each unbound companion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
The Fellowship had to hastily avoid the gaze of the crebain.
C

2•Cloud of Crebain Isengard
Follower
Strength: +1
Aid-1
Reinforcements 2.
While you cannot spot a roaming minion, each unbound companion skirmishing bearer is strength -2.
"Crebain from Dunland!"
U

2•Crebain Spies Isengard
Follower
Aid-2
Reinforcements 3.
U

4•Saruman, Watcher of All Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Site: 7
Lurker.
While Saruman bears an Isengard follower, each minion is site number -1. Each companion is strength +1 for each roaming minion you can spot.
Skirmish: Transfer an Isengard follower borne by a minion to your support area to make that minion strength +3.
"I have seen it..."
R
Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem on Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:09 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Okey dokey, it’s time to spoil those Crebain!

1 Aid of the Crebain Isengard
Event • Maneuver
Spot two Isengard followers to make a minion site number -1.
Saruman’s crebain were able to seek out the weaknesses of the Fellowship.
C

Make it costs 0 and it would still be fine.

4 Ambush Isengard
Event • Regroup
Spot 2 Isengard followers to make the Free Peoples player choose to wound a companion for each follower over 4 or to move again (if the move limit allows).
An unprepared party could be easily damaged by a swift strike.
R

That could cost 3 really. Nice though.

1 Black-FeaNOLINKthered Spies Isengard
Follower
Site: -3
Aid-1
Reinforcements 3.
If this card is revealed from the top of your draw deck, you may play it as if from hand.
"Spies of SarumNOLINKan..."
C

Cool.

1 Caught Off-Guard Isengard
Event • Maneuver
Spot an Isengard follower and three non-roaming minions to make each unbound companion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
The Fellowship had to hastily avoid the gaze of the crebain.
C

Oof pretty darn good. Couple of these in your hand, goodbye fellowship.

2•Cloud of Crebain Isengard
Follower
Strength: +1
Aid-1
Reinforcements 2.
While you cannot spot a roaming minion, each unbound companion skirmishing bearer is strength -2.
"Crebain from Dunland!"
U

Very nice.

2•Crebain Spies Isengard
Follower
Aid-2
Reinforcements 3.
U

Yeah sound balanced.

4•Saruman, Watcher of All Isengard
Minion • Wizard
Site: 7
Lurker.
While Saruman bears an Isengard follower, each minion is site number -1. Each companion is strength +1 for each roaming minion you can spot.
Skirmish: Transfer an Isengard follower borne by a minion to your support area to make that minion strength +3.
"I have seen it..."
R

Cool saruman, but id add exert saruman and transfer the follower. Doesnt matter if not.

O and you should win a prize for the shortest, most tenuous lore ever. Good one CG! Very Happy
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards