LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Pipsqueak
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:21 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
OK, so its like this; If you're using an ARB (Alternate Ring Bearer), then most of them have either low resistance, or a bad effect at the start of each of their skirmishes. These effects are usually to add a burden, or use an alternative that's just as bad. So with all that mayhem, are you ever gonna put on the one ring? I mean, you'll probably already have a few burdens on you, so why put it on if you're just gonna take another one?
ingold55
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:03 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
no idea? there is a good ring bearer though. unfortunatly, you need a lot of companions in play. that ring bearer is Galadril BoW.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:30 pm
Um.... prevent wounds? Any good Alt-RB deck will have some good burden-removal system working to prevent those nasty burdens. And, rings like ATAR give you +2 strength for puttin' it on. And also, TBR allows you to exert to put on the ring, which cuts down on burdens, and the best for Alt-rbs, RoR, which just auto puts it self on if you're about to take a wound... Wink
Pipsqueak
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:59 pm
Joined: 06 Jan 2006 Posts: 331 Location: A northerner down south
Well... You're right about a burden removal system, but you forgot one thing; Usually those cards revolve around artifacts, hence, your deck becomes really bogged down with them. And having a bogged down deck, as we all know, is never good. Wink But seriously, having all those artifacts and other cards just to remove burdens, can really take away some of the previous better points to a deck. Also, decks like that are harder to master and use correctly.
Anyway, that's just my opinion.
Long live the southern bros. Homage
Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:59 pm
Pipsqueak wrote:
Well... You're right about a burden removal system, but you forgot one thing; Usually those cards revolve around artifacts, hence, your deck becomes really bogged down with them. And having a bogged down deck, as we all know, is never good. Wink But seriously, having all those artifacts and other cards just to remove burdens, can really take away some of the previous better points to a deck. Also, decks like that are harder to master and use correctly.
Anyway, that's just my opinion.

Well actually, artifact systems usually just increase the RB's resistance. And those artifacts DO things other then the resistance bonusing. Also, there are hundreds of other remove a burden or two cards that aren't artifacts. What's better? Having 7 arifacts that do other things or 7 pumps for poor lil frodo that dont do other things?
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:53 pm
Pipsqueak wrote:
I mean, you'll probably already have a few burdens on you, so why put it on if you're just gonna take another one?

I think the main reason is if the Ring-bearer is exhausted. Why not take a burden instead if letting your RB die? Wink

Oh, and TOO has some very good points that I agree with.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion