LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is The One Ring, The Great Ring?

5 (Best)  
84%
  [ 27 ]  84%

9%
  [ 3 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

1 (Worst)  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 32
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:00 pm

Easy to put on, no cost, wears in the maneuver phase to stop all sorts of wounding decks, and then with a SWEET ability that makes ring-bound hobbits BROKEN!

This card is so overpowered its not even funny. Just add burdens all day, then throw a minion on Bilbo. The crazy thing is, the ring-bearer doesn’t even HAVE to wear the One Ring to get the skirmish ability.

Sorry, that’s just to powerful. But I’d use it in my Three Hunters deck which peels burdens like crazy. Rolling Eyes How can I use anything BUT this ring?

And I can see a LOT of Solo-Decks getting a lot better.
Last edited by NBarden on Thu May 24, 2007 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
spartiatis
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:06 pm
WOW, It is indeed Great Applause
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:20 pm
I LOVE the image, looks like conceptual art of The One Ring. Very Happy
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:30 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Solo Bilbo + The Great Ring + Concerning Hobbits + Burden Removal = a companion that can only be killed with archery.

Oh, wait.

He gets to put on the ring for free in the maneuver phase. Then take burdens, then remove them later.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:37 pm
Menace needs this card.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:47 pm
Thought they might have tried not printing ridiculous cards for their final set, but obviously I was wrong.
It’s interesting, but it just looks too easy for ring-bearers to become tanks!
I do love the image, though.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anvar
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:53 pm
The skirmish ability really needs a limit, in my opinion. I can see what they were thinking. It is a ring with no static bonuses, so to stay alive you will need to use the ability and burdens are a high cost, but this card is just so BA9 (bad at site nine) that it isn’t even funny.

If you play a swarm deck which has no burden adding, your ringbearer can survive almost any swarm.

This is sadly overpowered, though the idea is good.

Anvar
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:56 pm
Frodo w/ this ring + Daddy Twofoot + Brave and Loyal + Pippin, WoBaS or Merry, Swordthain + 4x Home and Hearth, voila! Have fun stomping everything. I’m building a deck that abuses this ring, 1 second.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:31 pm
Well, I feel another hobbit meta coming on... Rolling Eyes This ring is insane there is actually no downside to be seen with it.
Last edited by PorterTroll on Wed May 30, 2007 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total"Don't be a Douche, Stop Piracy!"~Tenacious D
"One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention."~Arnold Schwarzenegger
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:35 pm
I’ve actually made DCs like this Ring, written it out on paper, and then said to myself: "Wow, that’s OP, back to the ol’ drawing board." I think it would be better if it were are two burdens or put a limit +3 on it or something. I DO like the "new" feel that I’ve been seeing with these AE cards.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End