LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is The One Ring, The Great Ring?

5 (Best)  
84%
  [ 27 ]  84%

9%
  [ 3 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

1 (Worst)  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 32
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:59 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
I think it would be great if it was 1 burden for +1 strength, then no limit.

Thranduil

yeah that would do the job. I really don’t think right now it is INCREDIBLY broken. just slight OP.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Piecesofeight
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:17 am
Decipher said they were going to make the 9 companions be a strategy in Ages End, they obviously want that strategy to be the best, so in order to do that they need to make Frodo the best ring-bearer again. I guess this is thet way they decided to do it.
corvus
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:02 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
I want it FOIL.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:13 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Every single card in Age’s End is foil... Rolling Eyes
I don't like YOU.
manu-fan
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:38 am
Don’t worry everyone. We’re bound to get a Shaodw card that says something like ’Every time a burden is added, add 3 burdens!" or something like that.

This is paper, we need some scissors to cut it Smile

Cheers.
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:19 pm
FortunesRazor wrote:
How do you think this ring fares for other ring bearers?

My first instinct is to say not well except for Sam and Bilbo. Maybe Galadriel.

That’s my point, why do hobbits need another boost? They’ve got enough already! Now that No Visitors isn’t X-ed, hobbits with this ring are invincible!
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:21 pm
Shame on you for Boo hoo! you make me Sick
Not talking

I think I am just going to lock myself in a closet and cry about all the overpowered cards and when I finally do come out the only card game I will ever play is Go Fish. Brick wall
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
raptor22
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:01 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
FortunesRazor wrote:
How do you think this ring fares for other ring bearers?

My first instinct is to say not well except for Sam and Bilbo. Maybe Galadriel.

That’s my point, why do hobbits need another boost? They’ve got enough already! Now that No Visitors isn’t X-ed, hobbits with this ring are invincible!

Hey, just think back to the days before Reflections when you could CANCEL FRODO’S SKIRMISH! imho, he needs this ring to be a dependable RB again. And this ring doesn’t work to well for ARBs so I don’t think it’s to bad.
Queleri
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:16 pm
I don’t think the ring is too bad. It has to be worn in Manuever phase, if they don’t put it on then the RB could take some serious wounds in Archery or during Skirmishes.

Direct wounding decks that target the RB should keep it in check. And corruption decks should fair well against it as well imho. If they’re assigning minions to the RB then you just slap a condition to reduce resistance, add a few extra burdens and they could be in trouble.

This isn’t nearly as bad as many of the T&D cards I’ve seen.
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 3:38 pm
TheShyzle wrote:
Shame on you for Boo hoo! you make me Sick
Not talking

I think I am just going to lock myself in a closet and cry about all the overpowered cards and when I finally do come out the only card game I will ever play is Go Fish. Brick wall

Well first off, I think you’re blowing my response a bit out of proportion. And second, yes, it most definitely is broken seeing as how the RB doesn’t even need to be wearing the ring to get it’s effect. So please, don’t bash my responses and my personal opinions on cards and whether or not they are broken. I’m entitled to my opinions as much as you are.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End