LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is The One Ring, The Great Ring?

5 (Best)  
84%
  [ 27 ]  84%

9%
  [ 3 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

1 (Worst)  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 32
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:47 pm
PT I wasn’t just responding to your post. I am talking about people in general complaining about cards being overpowered when they have not even seen play yet. I am glad to see that D is actually finishing the whole project of lotr. I hope the new cards will reenergize the play for a while. Overpowered or not. Smile
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
Foresight
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:32 pm
You can’t sit there and possibly say Frenzy of Arrows, The Faithful Stone, Perspective and Elven Armaments are well-balanced, fair cards that in gameplay will not cancel or highly discourage decktypes/strategies.
Last edited by Foresight on Fri May 25, 2007 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in totalIn his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:10 pm
TheShyzle wrote:
PT I wasn’t just responding to your post. I am talking about people in general complaining about cards being overpowered when they have not even seen play yet. I am glad to see that D is actually finishing the whole project of lotr. I hope the new cards will reenergize the play for a while. Overpowered or not. Smile

Then I apologize for seeming so contentious, and I do agree with you in that pouting about the broken cards does not do anything, but it is justified to be a bit frustrated with the poor quality as of late. Especially those of us who have been loyal fans since Mines of Moria or even The Two Towers.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:15 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I like the card. Look at it this way...

Stat-wise, it’s one of the weakest cards around. No vitality boost to be seen. Although I’d prefer to have seen no bonuses to the stats at all. Anyhow...

With ARBs, this card is total junk (except for Shire ARBs) as a tank card, because the burden addition ain’t worth it when you pile on the downside. With the Shire RBs, it’s an amazing card, and it would seem that it makes the RB unbeatable. It also means that corruption will be taking a frontseat again.

I predict a lot of cards that trigger off of "when the Ring-bearer puts on the One Ring"...imagine Expanded! Uruk Spy and Too Much Attention...ouch! That’ll make the FP player think twice about putting on the Ring in the Maneuver!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:29 pm
This would be amazing in my Solo Frodo deck. Drool

In fact, I would use it with all my Shire RBs, but not with any ARBs. The Ring of Rings is just too good with the ARBs for me to switch to The Great Ring.

Is The Great Ring overpowered? Yes, I would definitely say that it is overpowered, but a simple limit of +6 strength would probably balance it out.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:22 pm
PT appology accepted I have been playing since Two Towers as well and I am still a loyal fan. I am glad to be seeing some new cards. It had to end sometime and It would be worse if the last 2 sets were a bunch of so so junk instead we can have a real challenge. Wink
By the way I think this is a sweet card too.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:46 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I like the card. Look at it this way...

Stat-wise, it’s one of the weakest cards around. No vitality boost to be seen. Although I’d prefer to have seen no bonuses to the stats at all. Anyhow...

With ARBs, this card is total junk (except for Shire ARBs) as a tank card, because the burden addition ain’t worth it when you pile on the downside. With the Shire RBs, it’s an amazing card, and it would seem that it makes the RB unbeatable. It also means that corruption will be taking a frontseat again.

I predict a lot of cards that trigger off of "when the Ring-bearer puts on the One Ring"...imagine Expanded! Uruk Spy and Too Much Attention...ouch! That’ll make the FP player think twice about putting on the Ring in the Maneuver!

I don’t really understand what you’re saying, you just said this new ring could be beaten by Uruk Spy and Too Much attention, two of the most obscure rares in the game. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY actually uses these cards. The fact is that this ring is broken when used with any hobbit super non-burdening strategy, which is essentially every hobbit deck in existence. With sam, bearer of great need and bilbo, aged ring bearer sam gets a free six strength boost every turn. Then they simply use no visitors for bilbo’s skirmish and they escape unscathed. It’s broken. The end.

Edit: I just realized, for Too much attention to work, the ring bearer must be wearing the ring, but the problem is this ring gives its strength bonus without actually having to put on the ring. The same goes for Uruk spy, for it to work the ring bearer must be wearing the ring, but the strength bonus can be used, or ABUSED, as I would rather say, any time during the skirmish. This is insanity, can’t everyone just see that there is no counter to this ring? Its simply not a fair card by any standards.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:56 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Too Much Attention and Uruk Spy, if part of a crazy wounding/archery deck, would force the FP player to choose either to make their RB vulnerable, or to put on the Ring.

I do agree the strength bonus should only include "while wearing the One Ring".
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:02 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Too Much Attention and Uruk Spy, if part of a crazy wounding/archery deck, would force the FP player to choose either to make their RB vulnerable, or to put on the Ring.

But now we’re discussing how one would have to design entire decks simply to beat one rare ring. How many crazy archery wounding decks incorporate Uruk spy and too much attention...no, wait I’ll answer my own question, there are ZERO decks that focus on archery and still have a copy or two of Uruk Spy in them. I use my Too much attention to make that slapping noise when you ride your bike Rolling Eyes.
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:43 am
Dude. 3’s are overpowered in Go Fish. They need banned big time.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End