LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is The One Ring, The Great Ring?

5 (Best)  
84%
  [ 27 ]  84%

9%
  [ 3 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

1 (Worst)  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 32
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:08 am
Deathbymonkeys wrote:
Dude. 3’s are overpowered in Go Fish. They need banned big time.

Dude, don’t patronize me, the simple fact is that this ring is broken and no amount of explaining or testing can prove otherwise.
legoles3333
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:38 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
not a chance can this card be controlled without 4 The Ring is mine
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
TheShyzle
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:50 am
Evil men archery or Frenzy of Arrows. Neutral
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:26 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I think that this card, although OP with Shire RB, really isn’t broken,
Yes it is a great combo with frodo, think of how this would help the Rohan fighting ringbearer strategy, but the card is rather limited in scope.

It doesn’t really benefit ARBs since most other cultures don’t have great burden removal.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:28 pm
bobtheorc wrote:
I think that this card, although OP with Shire RB, really isn’t broken,
Yes it is a great combo with frodo, think of how this would help the Rohan fighting ringbearer strategy, but the card is rather limited in scope.

It doesn’t really benefit ARBs since most other cultures don’t have great burden removal.

Doesn’t the fact that it is overpowered with Shire Ring Bearers make it broken?
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:37 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I personally don’t think so.
D looks like it is trying to get people to play with the Nine companions, while currently ARBs and mono culture decks are popular (exceptions being things like THree Hunters) a card like this will make people want to use Frodo again.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:50 pm
Lots of decks STILL use frodo, the fact is, regardless of why they designed The Great Ring this way, it cannot and will not change the fact that it is still, and will remain, broken. I find my self making redundant points over and over to try and prove my point, but if some of the members here can’t see the simple fact that it is broken, this is the last I will say on the matter.

-PT
FortunesRazor
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:18 pm
Also Home and Hearth with pippin, hobbit of some intelligence if there was a way to keep that going. I’m sure there is in expanded with some of the discarding hobbit stuff.
raptor22
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:56 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
Lots of decks STILL use frodo, the fact is, regardless of why they designed The Great Ring this way, it cannot and will not change the fact that it is still, and will remain, broken. I find my self making redundant points over and over to try and prove my point, but if some of the members here can’t see the simple fact that it is broken, this is the last I will say on the matter.

-PT

Personally, I don’t find a card broken unless A: It creates a loop/combo, or B: I can easily be splashed into in any deck.

Now, this ALMOST fits into the second catagory, BUT, since it’s semi-useless with ARBs which are hugely popular, it’s NOT going into every deck.

Now, it’s fully possible that after seeing play, this may turn out to be OP, but until then, I don’t think it’s a problem.
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:22 pm
I would never use this with any of the Alternate Ringbearers. And it’s powerful but nowhere near broken.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End