LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is The One Ring, The Great Ring?

5 (Best)  
84%
  [ 27 ]  84%

9%
  [ 3 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

1 (Worst)  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 32
AdultLink
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:36 pm
imo: The picture for this card is stupid.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:48 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
AdultLink wrote:
The card is good, but legit. People are going crazy and trying to find x-list material in every card since there has been such a splurge lately. Ring of Doom is 10 times better than this card except for R-bound hobbits, and don’t try to tell me that just because hobbits have burden removal it’s broken... yeah, they have burden removal, but that also takes DECK SPACE! Gaahhh, I’m probably more tired of people on these forums going crazy over cards like this and the new Grond than I am about people at Decipher making cards that are NPE’s.

Here, here! GP
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:18 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
PorterTroll wrote:
I never said anything about getting rid of sudden fury. And no, I don’t think sauron is too strong since his cost is huge it balances him out. This ring, however, when paired with ring bound hobbits has basically NO COST! Burdens mean nothing for hobbits. And you shouldn’t have to play with rangers and cycle one site through the site path just to counter one card. If you have to go through such a huge measure to stop a card’s effect, there is no doubt that it is broken and I think you know that.

Your argument basically boils down to...

In this specific deck, this card is undercosted.

But in every other deck, this card is NOT undercosted. Which means that we’ll have an interesting turn of events. For a short time, Ring-bound hobbits may become powerful. But then, we’ll have ways to counter Ring-bound hobbits. In which case play will shift to other decktypes. And it’ll all balance out.

Yes, eventually it will all calm down with the overpowered ring bound hobbits, but I don’t know about you, but I don’t want every game I play for the next three months to be against a supercharged hobbit burden peeling, ring abusing engine. Even though this ring sucks when used with alternate RB, it is still far to powerful with ring bound hobbits which makes it broken.

I’ve heard people say that a card is only broken if it creates an infinite loop or can be easily splashed into any deck, but this is an obvious flaw in the defining of the word "broken". By this definition of the word "broken" Galadriel, Lady Redeemed isn’t "broken" just "overpowered". We all know that is a bunch of bull crap. That card is perhaps the most blatantly broken card in all of LOTR! A card doesn’t need to work with every culture or create a loop to be considered broken.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:41 pm
AdultLink wrote:
The card is good, but legit. People are going crazy and trying to find x-list material in every card since there has been such a splurge lately. Ring of Doom is 10 times better than this card except for R-bound hobbits, and don’t try to tell me that just because hobbits have burden removal it’s broken... yeah, they have burden removal, but that also takes DECK SPACE! Gaahhh, I’m probably more tired of people on these forums going crazy over cards like this and the new Grond than I am about people at Decipher making cards that are NPE’s.

I know you don’t think it’s overpowered... but isn’t it kinda harsh for a swarm deck at site nine, against say a Rohan deck with a Frodo RB, to have to fight against a 30 strength Frodo? That’s gonna be a whole lot more useful than a 5 strength Frodo who has only Such a Weight to Carry.

I don’t think it’s broken; it’s more like the newest SW card sets: overpowered.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
You know, ring-bound hobbits are already extremely overpowered. I mean, any deck that peels off eight burdens per site is just crazy anyway. That doesn’t make this card overpowered.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:52 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
You know, ring-bound hobbits are already extremely overpowered. I mean, any deck that peels off eight burdens per site is just crazy anyway. That doesn’t make this card overpowered.

Yes it does! If a deck can peel off even five burdens per turn (which is pretty conservative for even a mediocre ring bound hobbits deck) thats 15 free strength for the RB each turn! Now tell me that’s not insanely overpowered to the point of brokeness.
AdultLink
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:22 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:

I know you don’t think it’s overpowered... but isn’t it kinda harsh for a swarm deck at site nine, against say a Rohan deck with a Frodo RB, to have to fight against a 30 strength Frodo? That’s gonna be a whole lot more useful than a 5 strength Frodo who has only Such a Weight to Carry.

I don’t think it’s broken; it’s more like the newest SW card sets: overpowered.

- AC

No, I don’t think it’s kind of harsh personally. I mean, yes, in the situation you mention against Moria with no power with burdens it’s going to be good, but against any kind of easterling or most nazgul decks it’s going to get eaten alive, and that, friends, is what I call ’balanced’. This is the last I will say in the matter, obviously people disagree, but...
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:26 pm
AdultLink wrote:
imo: The picture for this card is stupid.

I agree. It reeks of laziness to come up with new art for the ring. No matter how much they want to try and say it was a novelty shot from the books.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:27 pm
I was really hoping that they would make it the "Ash" Ring as seen in Isildur’s hand when he held it while it was in the middle of Sauron’s disintegrated finger. That would have made an AWESOME one ring picture. Thumbs Up
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
TheShyzle
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:40 pm
FS your right that would have been an awesome pic.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End