LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
kalypso
Posted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:38 pm
i’m not sure exactly what else to do to the deck. but the only things in this deck i don’t have are: 4 char, 4 gargadon, and 3 brute force( i dont know what happend, i use to have a bunch , then one day poof, now i can only find1.) and i’ve tested it but i’m sure it could use more help but it seems to usualy do pretty well.

22 land:
x3 keldon megaliths
x19 mountain

17 creatures:
x4 greater gargadon
x4 mogg war marshal
x4 keldon marauders
x4 sulfur elemental
x1 jaya ballard, task mage

17 burn spells:
x4 char
x4 rift bolt
x4 seal of fire
x3 cackling flames
x2 disintegrate

4 multiplyers: (or whatever you want to call them.)
x4 brute force

haven’t made a sideboard yet, so i need someone to help me with that ( and please don’t put a bunch of white weenie hate because no one [at least where i live] plays it anymore).

<Fixed some no-links ont he decklist.> FM
Last edited by kalypso on Fri May 25, 2007 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
kalypso
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:19 am
so i’m asuming my deck ideas are perfect right?
or could someone atleast tell what else i need to do to the article itself.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:53 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Dude, chill out, takes a while to folks to analyze decks, but they do it.
Ok, where to start? I like Keldon Megaliths, but it’s a bit slow, so I’d reduce it to 2 copies only. Then, you don’t need more than 21 lands, really. So, let’s move on. Jaya Ballard is good, so if you want to focus on burning them down, I’d go for 4 copies of her (even if you get more copies in hand, you have ways of discarding them anyway...). Then, she’s a really good Madness Enabler, so I’d also pack 4 Fiery Temper (amazing when Madnessed out), and 4 Reckless Wurm (THAT’S a beatdown! Very Happy ). TO help the Madness/beatdown theme, I’d also pack Gathan Raiders (go well with the hellbent subtheme from Keldon Megaliths, and also help madness, while being a pretty solid drop for 3), and consider dropping Seal of Fire for favoring Magus of the Scroll and/or Rift Elemental (SO cool with Gargaon out!), specially because you can’t sacrifice the Seal to a Gargaon if you need to. I’d try and make room for Dead/Gone, too, since a bounce effect sometimes is missed by red, and it’s also a cheap burn spell. If you’re not packing maindeck storage lands or a Tron, Disintegrate loses too much power to make it into MD, and c’mon, Cackling Flames? Are you serious? Do you even NEED that much burn?

For a sideboard, I’d add in the X-Spell theme in case you face a deck than can stabilize your board, and you need some way to wrap things up, but I’d go with Demonfire, since you’re alrady leaning towards a hellbent mechanic anyway. I’d also try out for a transformational sideboard into a sort of fast burn deck, with 4 Browbeats and some Sudden Shocks for tougher match-ups. I’d try out at least a single Akroma, Angel of Fury, too, although that might not work, and I’d most definitely pack some Avalanche Riders, and Tormod’s Crypt, as you have no way to deal with Graveyad manipulation so far. In the burn theme, you could also consider 1-2 Lightning Serpent, since you can play them, swing, stack damage, and then just sack them to the Gargadon.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)