LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

0Sceptre of the Dark Lord, Sauron’s Mace Sauron
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be a Sauron minion with strength of 16 or more. Other weapons borne by bearer must be discarded.
Bearer is damage +1.
Assignment: If bearer is Sauron and he is unwounded, you may assign him to two characters.
“Many quailed before him. Sauron bore with him an ancient mace of great size....”

and bearer cannot bear other weapons.
ditto thranduil
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:27 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Made some recommended changes to the sceptre. Better now?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:36 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be a Sauron minion with strength of 16 or more. Discard any other weapon borne by bearer. Bearer may not bear other weapons.
Bearer is damage +1.
Assignment: If bearer is Sauron and he is unwounded, any Shadow player may assign him to two characters.
“Many quailed before him. Sauron bore with him an ancient mace of great size....”

Two characters? Does that mean the Shadow player can assign Saruon to two minions? I really have no idea why anyone would want to do that (Maybe for the hilarity element!) but that’s the current option in his assignment action unless you change it to "...assign him to two companions."
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:33 pm
Foresight wrote:
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be a Sauron minion with strength of 16 or more. Discard any other weapon borne by bearer. Bearer may not bear other weapons.
Bearer is damage +1.
Assignment: If bearer is Sauron and he is unwounded, any Shadow player may assign him to two characters.

Two characters? Does that mean the Shadow player can assign Saruon to two minions? I really have no idea why anyone would want to do that (Maybe for the hilarity element!) but that’s the current option in his assignment action unless you change it to "...assign him to two companions."

That’ll be great! Imagine the enduring sauron, fights 2 minions with a high composite damage bonus, then gets unbelievably strong in the fierce fight!

I’m still not clear how that ability is supposed to work, as Shadow players do not normally assign minions. Does this work like between nazgul and prey (as in, the sceptre allows you to assign), or is it only to work with other assigning cards (as in, if the guy is assigned by a Shadow player, he can be assigned to 2 guys)?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:27 am
FURTHER clarified. Oy. Razz

How is the Sceptre NOW?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:34 am
Looks good to me, except I would make it say "Discard all other weapons borne by bearer" instead of "Discard any other weapon...."

Wow... almost 2 pages of reviews for 1 card... Razz
I had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:39 am
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

TELL me about it. I had no idea I’d designed so messed up a DC. Razz This has got to be some kind of record or something.

Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:42 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:

TELL me about it. I had no idea I’d designed so messed up a DC. Razz This has got to be some kind of record or something.

And I’m going to carry on!

Now, you can assign EVERY companion to the one bearing the sceptre. As a response action, you can carry on doing it as long as you can pay the cost (which in this case is nonexistent). Should be an ’each time’ ability or have a limit.

So much reviews on 1 card shows how much we love it and want it to be even better!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:53 am
Thranduil wrote:
So much reviews on 1 card shows how much we love it and want it to be even better!

I know, and I DO appreciate it. Smile

Fixed. Hope it’s finally okay, and still cool.

sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
It sucks Razz

just kidding cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards