LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
FortunesRazor
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:55 pm
7 resistance wouldn’t be a reprint.

But c’mon I already have those cards and I don’t play standard format.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:01 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Good thought, AC!

Okay, I’ve been trying to enhance that Rohan condition enough to get a good read out of it...
2 [?] Rohan
Condition
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
At the start of each skirmish, you may transfer this condition to a Rohan Man.
At the end of each...did not win a...return this condition to hand.

Very interesting condition, if the blanks fill in as I suspect. +1 strength bonus for your Rohan companion, transferrable anywhere, but he has to win skirmishes! Very powerful with the TMOTR reprint!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:54 pm
Lost Heir wrote:
NBarden wrote:
Yeah, its an Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark reprint. With no twilight reduction.

But he has Valiant.

Oh boy! Valiant! Now he can be a major asset in all of my decks! Rolling Eyes
Deathbymonkeys
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 5:36 am
I still like the discard a card from hand to be +2, hunter, valiant Eomer from Hunters better than a third marshal repeat.
"The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. " -H. L. Mencken
Turin06
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:52 pm
Wouldn’t it be cool if the new Eowyn was designed to make Valiant worth it. That would be really cool and would throw open lots of great new deck opportunities.
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
MichaelFriedman1
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:20 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Good thought, AC!

Okay, I’ve been trying to enhance that Rohan condition enough to get a good read out of it...
2 [?] Rohan
Condition
Strength: +1
Bearer must be a Rohan Man.
At the start of each skirmish, you may transfer this condition to a Rohan Man.
At the end of each...did not win a...return this condition to hand.

Very interesting condition, if the blanks fill in as I suspect. +1 strength bonus for your Rohan companion, transferrable anywhere, but he has to win skirmishes! Very powerful with the TMOTR reprint!

It looks like the game text says
At the end of each turn, if bearer did not win a skirmish ... return this condition to hand.

And the keyword on Eomer looks more like Fellow than Valiant based on the shape of the letters and the fact that Decipher wants people to buy this new set.
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:25 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
Lost Heir wrote:
NBarden wrote:
Yeah, its an Eomer, Third Marshal of Riddermark reprint. With no twilight reduction.

But he has Valiant.

Oh boy! Valiant! Now he can be a major asset in all of my decks! Rolling Eyes

Hey, he’s standard-legal, that alone is an asset. (Considering that standard is a highly-encouraged format)
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:17 am
Yeah 3rd marshall playable in standard is sweeeeet! Although like DBM says it would be tough to choose between him and horsemaster. He cycles really well and usefully.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
fishfleas
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:57 am
I had some of the same thoughts as some of the others here.

Eomer having Valiant, but I also originally thought that it looked more like Fellow, or Follow... Which I found wierd, and have dismissed for Valiant. Could they be introducing a Fellowship type of Keyward?

I also think the text is +2 for each wound, but the more I looked at it... I almost looks like a +7 on my screen. This could very easily be a 2, but the thought was... We can’t see his Str... what if he is something like Str of 0 and then +7 for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing? Given the power of T&D this really wouldn’t surprise me. It actually makes a little sense... Eomer was forced out of Rohan, so could be arguably weak until forced to fight. Would be an interesting twist on the old Eomer.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:02 am
fishfleas wrote:
Could they be introducing a Fellowship type of Keyward?

I don’t they’ll have a fellowship Keyward... but it seems like they’ll have a new keyword, since in one of their articles they wrote "Gameplay features of "Ages End" include a new Fellowship keyword which ties the original nine walkers together...". But it does say it ties the original nine walkers together, so I doubt that Eomer would get the keyword.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End