LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:06 am
fishfleas wrote:
I had some of the same thoughts as some of the others here.

Eomer having Valiant, but I also originally thought that it looked more like Fellow, or Follow... Which I found wierd, and have dismissed for Valiant. Could they be introducing a Fellowship type of Keyward?

This was confirmed in the D article. Quote "Gameplay features of "Ages End" include a new Fellowship keyword which ties the original nine walkers together"

I also think the text is +2 for each wound, but the more I looked at it... I almost looks like a +7 on my screen. This could very easily be a 2, but the thought was... We can’t see his Str... what if he is something like Str of 0 and then +7 for each wound on each minion he is skirmishing? Given the power of T&D this really wouldn’t surprise me. It actually makes a little sense... Eomer was forced out of Rohan, so could be arguably weak until forced to fight. Would be an interesting twist on the old Eomer.

I really doubt that. D have been making OP and broke cards, that is just crazy!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
fishfleas
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:24 pm
I was just messing with the enhancing in Gimp again.... good lord it looks like a 7... That is scary... I’m comparing the blur of eomers number to the blur of the Trolls 2... the trolls 2 has a distinct bottom jutting out... which the number on Eomer is lacking...

That being said the trolls number is in bold and Eomer’s isn’t.... but that is scary...
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:41 am
Laughing Im now intrigued and originally wanted a lot more cards than eomer spoiled first. Now i need to see him to satisfy the curiosty Fishfleas has placed in me!
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
fishfleas
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:56 am
I still think it could be just a difference between bold and not bold, but there is enough evidence to support the idea at least.

The only way I could see a +7 being justified is if the str is a base 0-2. Kinda makes sense. Would represent Eomer’s Banishment.

I’m very curious too...

I"m also not really sold on it being Valiant. My first thought was he has a keyword named Fellow.

Could that be the keyward tying the fellowship together. I know Eomer isn’t a standard member of the fellowship, but with D’s love to give you options ala Alternate Ring Bearers... who really know?
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:01 am
D has specifically said there will never be a rohan ARB as there wasnt a potential candidate. Of this im sure theyre right.

And i dont think Eomer would get a fellow or fellowship keyword. Its not true to the story and after everything thats one thing you cant accuse D of doing; not staying true to the actual events.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:06 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I think FF is right. it looks like a + 7 to me, and his strength is carefully obscured...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mm doughnuts
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:20 pm
Me no likey. If it only has 0-2 strength but +7 per wound, depending on the minions’ vitalities, it is either stupidly weak or obscenely broken, there’s no gray area. Meaning:

1 vitality: yay, I get overwhemled by pretty much anything!

2 vitality: I’ll take my eomer, heir to meduseld please!

3+ vitality: Even if the printed strength is 0, he can get 14+ strength easily

I mean, this guy OVERWHELMS an enduring shelob with 6-7 wounds!

I hope it’s actually 8 str with only +2 per wound
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but then he would overshadow thirdey...8 and +1 would be interesting
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mm doughnuts
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:51 pm
but TMotR can start with a 2-cost companion
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
fishfleas
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:24 pm
lem0nhead wrote:
D has specifically said there will never be a rohan ARB as there wasnt a potential candidate. Of this im sure theyre right.

And i dont think Eomer would get a fellow or fellowship keyword. Its not true to the story and after everything thats one thing you cant accuse D of doing; not staying true to the actual events.

I never meant to imply a rohan ring bearer.

My comment was meant to state that as you have stated D doesn’t, they HAVE actually detered from the story and provided us with What if scenarios through the Alternate Ring Bearers. I dont’ think Eomer would be an Alternate Ring Bearer, but I could very easily see him having a Fellow/ Fellowship keyword. It would make sense for the set, and it would give us the flexibility that Decipher likes to do. The whole "What If" factor they like to promote, such as What if Eomer was sent to the council?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End