LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

1 (Worst)  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

Total Votes : 11
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:40 pm
Once again, I’d appreciate a decklist.

As for fireing genjus, I’m still not worried. Kodama’s reach. Aneex is worth worrying over, though, and I’m not sure why a meloku will stop me from beating with Mr.Cedar...

If they can cast meloku AND wildfire before I have five land, I’m so impressed I’ll fold. This deck plays a land every turn, and between reach and wood elves, it gets a minimum turn four five lands. If domain can really play a turn three meloku with consistancy, then it’s time I stopped playing magic.

Once again, you’ve now made it impossible for your teammates to play MUC, and red control, agro (you play jitte) and probably anything with putrefy or mortify. That eliminates your allies from playing blue, red. green, black, white, and agro. Hm... sounds like a good single deck, but I wouldn’t want both allies to have dead pools even my deck had 100% win pct. I made this to make a deck that won’t use all the top tier cards and choke your allies of a chance to win.
inresponse
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:41 pm
4 Icy Manipulator
4 Annex
4 Dream Leash
4 Izzet Signet
4 Boros Signet
4 Pyroclasm
4 Wrath of God
4 Wildfire

2 Yosei, the Morning Star
2 Keiga, the Tide Star
1 Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind

1 Miren the Moaning Well
1 Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
4 Steam Vents
4 Sacred Foundry
2 Shivan Reef
2 Adarkar Wastes
4 Island
2 Plains
3 Mountain

this is a really rough lsit because I am having problems findign the list I like. But this is basically whbat people are playing.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:58 pm
inresponse wrote:
4 Icy Manipulator
4 Annex
4 Dream Leash
4 Izzet Signet
4 Boros Signet
4 Pyroclasm
4 Wrath of God
4 Wildfire

2 Yosei, the Morning Star
2 Keiga, the Tide Star
1 Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind

1 Miren the Moaning Well
1 Mikokoro, Center of the Sea
4 Steam Vents
4 Sacred Foundry
2 Shivan Reef
2 Adarkar Wastes
4 Island
2 Plains
3 Mountain

this is a really rough lsit because I am having problems findign the list I like. But this is basically whbat people are playing.

First off, thanks for the list.

After seeing this, an easy switch is swap 4 naturalize (from sideboard to maindeck) for four savag twister (main to sideboard). Nothing against twister, but I have eight board clear and 4 helix. that should hold off agro if anything can.

I must say I’m surprised at the lack of meloku in the deck... this is a little different than the one Osion showed me in Calc.

I suppose the netdeck isn’t quite fixed yet because it’s pretty new.

With the addition of naturalize, this deck shouldn’t be able to beat genjus- usually these decks are about board advantage, but they play clasm and wog for eight wasted cards, and wildfire is less useful than otherwise. Remember too that even if they kill a genjud land, I can replay the genju next turn for just one mana.
Osion
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:01 pm
Quote:

If they can cast meloku AND wildfire before I have five land, I’m so impressed I’ll fold. This deck plays a land every turn, and between reach and wood elves, it gets a minimum turn four five lands. If domain can really play a turn three meloku with consistancy, then it’s time I stopped playing magic.

Um playing a Meloku and Wildfire before turn 5 isn’t just crazy, it’s actually stupid. Wildfire will kill Meloku.

Quote:
and I’m not sure why a meloku will stop me from beating with Mr.Cedar...

I said chump block with illusions dude. Work it out. they bounce one land to block your cedar while you used 3 lands to activate and then attack with Cedar.

Quote:
if domain can really play a turn three meloku with consistancy, then it’s time I stopped playing magic.

umm they can’t. what they can do with consistency is Annex.

Quote:

This deck plays a land every turn, and between reach and wood elves, it gets a minimum turn four five lands.

It takes 6 mana to have 2 active genjus.

Let us assume you go first, and they wildfire on turn 6 after taking, say, 10 damage.

you have 6 lands, two of which are genjued. you sacrifice all but the two lands.

Your turn (7) you play a land, beat with genju or kodama’s reach

Their Turn, they annex a genjued land and then make a chump blocker with the artifact mana they have.

They have established board dominance and will proceed to win.
Quote:

Once again, you’ve now made it impossible for your teammates to play MUC, and red control, agro (you play jitte) and probably anything with putrefy or mortify. That eliminates your allies from playing blue, red. green, black, white, and agro. Hm... sounds like a good single deck, but I wouldn’t want both allies to have dead pools even my deck had 100% win pct. I made this to make a deck that won’t use all the top tier cards and choke your allies of a chance to win.

Domain decks don’t use white.

Domain decks don’t use green.

White is hardly counted out just because mortify is being used.

Wisconsin Champs 1st place, and designer of the deck, played no Meloku and no Jitte and no Putrefy

This is the champion’s decklist:

Maindeck:

Artifacts
4 Dimir Signet
4 Icy Manipulator
3 Spectral Searchlight

Enchantments
4 Annex
4 Dream Leash

Instants
4 Remand
4 Shock

Legendary Creatures
3 Keiga, The Tide Star
3 Kokusho, The Evening Star

Sorceries
4 Wildfire

Basic Lands
1 Island
2 Mountain

Lands
4 Dimir Aqueduct
4 Shivan Reef
4 Tendo Ice Bridge

Legendary Lands
2 Mikokoro, Center Of The Sea
1 Minamo, School At Water’s Edge
2 Miren, The Moaning Well
1 Oboro, Palace In The Clouds
1 Shinka, The Bloodsoaked Keep
1 Shizo, Death’s Storehouse

This deck allows for a maxed out build of WWr and Greater Good, and even Critical Mass.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:12 pm
If they chump block with illusions, I’m happy. That means they can’t get enough lands to actually do anything productive.

Right, they can annex with consistancy. And I can naturalize with the same consistancy but for less mana.

As for six mana for two active genjus, you know as well as I thats true. I never said it took five. Five matters because they can fire and I still have land, not because I can double beat.

If they fire turn six, they’ll have had WAY more than ten damage. Turn three I’ll attack with either a genju of red or green (pref red, but not always possible). Turn 3, 4, and 5, I beat for between four and six. Thats 12-18 damage. With helix available as well....

They establish "board dominance" and then I naturalize their one genju that "dominates the board" and kill them with it. If they get annex, I get naturalize. Fair is fair. BTW, how did they have the mana for annex?

If I get a turn seven beat, they go from having taken 12-18 to having taken 16-24. Hm... not pretty for them. At zero life, they can annex whatever they want.

You site Wisconsin. Congrats. I bet it’s the only state where that happened. Otherwise, you would have said "in these twenty states, no jitte, meloku, or putrefy"

I must say, Osion, I like your build better than the other one, but remand is just plain funny against my deck. Shock would do some damage, though, to genju of red.

I’m not going to say this deck has all favorable matchups. What I will say is it’s got a bunch of decks it beats badly, and it doesn’t take masses of commonly played cards to do it.

P.S. I LOVE the auto link cards. Sweet stuff, Conor!
Osion
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:34 pm
yes, but as it stands

Game 1

you have 12 cards that are useless in the matchup (all the board clears)

Game 2

you board in naturalizes,
they board in pithing needle
4 answers to their deck, while they have 12 to yours (Needle, Annex, Dream Leash)

Quote:

I’m not going to say this deck has all favorable matchups. What I will say is it’s got a bunch of decks it beats badly, and it doesn’t take masses of commonly played cards to do it.

you claimed it will defeat with ease any creature-heavy or counter-heavy deck. You aso use

4 Lightning Helix
4 Pyroclasm
4 Naturalize

4 Wood Elves (Critical Mass)

and (if these turn out to be commonly played)

4 Temple Garden
4 Burning Tree Shaman
4 Stomping Groud
3 Shock

so from your logic above, wouldn’t this kill some of the card pool as well?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:38 pm
Osion wrote:
yes, but as it stands

Game 1

you have 12 cards that are useless in the matchup (all the board clears)

Game 2

you board in naturalizes,
they board in pithing needle
4 answers to their deck, while they have 12 to yours (Needle, Annex, Dream Leash)

Quote:

you claimed it will defeat with ease any creature-heavy or counter-heavy deck. You aso use

4 Lightning Helix
4 Pyroclasm
4 Naturalize

4 Wood Elves (Critical Mass)

and (if these turn out to be commonly played)

4 Temple Garden
4 Burning Tree Shaman
4 Stomping Groud
3 Shock

so from your logic above, wouldn’t this kill some of the card pool as well?

Please read what I posted. Please?

I said swithcing in nats for twisters. I have eight useless cards and so do they. Even. At sideboard time, I board in shattering spree for pithings. Works for one mana on manipulatoors, too!

As for card pool killing, mins allows MUC to be played. Yours doesn’t. If WWr is tier two as you claim, then helix being down won’t matter. I could switch to other art. kill if I need to, such as rending vines, if it really hurts to be down naturalize.
inresponse
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:32 am
meloku will never be played in domain, because meloku + wildfire is not a very good combo. the lists have evloved somewaht since then and now include electrolyze, izzet signet and a few other cards. I really wish I could find the Neutral Ground "the finals" tournament top eight list somewhere...

It had like 3 good lists.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:46 pm
Regardless of meloku, I’m still willing to bet that I give domain some trouble with naturalize in to kill their annexes.
inresponse
Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:19 pm
if you want to test the match up I’ll be happy to use MWS with you, just tell me when. If you have an aim/msn/google talk, let me know and we can test that match out.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest