LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Glamdring
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:14 pm
wraithful wrote:
but would that apply to grond as well?

Does it really? If it did, that would be awesome; bye bye to the Dwarven Axe!
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:26 pm
bibfortuna25 wrote:
Yes, X can be zero for thsoe cards.

Bib is right, yet wrong at the same time. Definitely, for spotting, I.e. Spot X pipes, you can to choose to spot 4, 3, 1, or even zero pipes. As far as spotting is concerned, this is correct.

However, cards that require you to perform anything X times, such as removing tokens or exerting, cannot be used 0 times.

For example, Terrible and Evil. Gandalf cannot exert 0 times and then wound a nazgul. The card requires "x times" to do it.

The same thing goes for Grond. Removing X tokens would not be met if you remove none.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 4:34 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Are you sure about the Grond thing?
Becuase my friends play that you can remove 0 tokens to discard a card with a twilight cost of zero, like Glimpse of Fate for example...
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
corvus
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:48 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Celebrimbor wrote:
However, cards that require you to perform anything X times, such as removing tokens or exerting, cannot be used 0 times.

This is incorrect. Please check the rules recources before making rulings of your own. Check the CRD under the chapter "exert". It explains that only cards that need a character to exert cannot have 0 used as a number. That includes terrible and evil.

Celebrimbor wrote:
The same thing goes for Grond. Removing X tokens would not be met if you remove none.

Incorrect as per the afore mentioned reason. Grond, Hammer of the Underworld, may discard any illegible free peoples card with 0 twlight cost.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
elf lvr
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:44 pm
0 can be used as X in any situation except for exertions. The rules say so. Why is there still arguement?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions