LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:22 am
• The One Ring, Lost and Found Ring
Strength +2
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand of the Ring-bearer’s culture and add 1 to make the Ring-bearer wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, you may add 1 and a burden or a threat instead.
”…his hand met what felt like a tiny ring of cold metal lying on the floor of the tunnel….”
R97
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Tue May 29, 2007 9:27 am; edited 2 times in totalI had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:26 am
Too OP AP. +1 on all stats and a great ability. Giving the choice of adding a burden, wound or threat is an advantage as it offers you the optimum for your situation and it should always be a disadvantage to be wearing the ring.

Make it add 2 burdens, or remove one of the stats modifiers.

I like the cost to wear it though.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:29 am
Edited. How does it look now?
I had to put something here.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:32 am
Drastic edit AP! Much better though. Cant decide about the choice whilst wearing the ring. Its new and refreshing ill grant you that just dont know if theres enough of a disadvantage.

But its fine as it is. Better wait for some more reviews though as im not often in the majority!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:13 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Strength +2
Maneuver: Discard a card from hand of the Ring-bearer’s culture and add 1 to make the Ring-bearer wear The One Ring until the regroup phase.
While wearing The One Ring, each time bearer is about to take a wound, you may add 1 to add a burden or a threat instead.
”…his hand met what felt like a tiny ring of cold metal lying on the floor of the tunnel….”
R97

I think it should be "...each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound...", and "...you may add 1 and a burden or a threat instead." Very interesting Ring, especially since it doesn’t always have to add burdens. I THINK it’s balanced, but it’s hard to tell without playtesting. I fear it could be abused a bit, but I’m not sure. Think
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:28 am
Edited as suggested, Dain. Thanks! GP
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:42 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I have no problems with it GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Glamdring
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:04 pm
It’s cool! Keep up the DC’s. Mr. Green GP
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:01 pm
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Strength +2
While wearing The One Ring, each time the Ring-bearer is about to take a wound, you may add 1 and a burden or a threat instead.
R97

Interesting. I think I like it. Would never be use in a traditional Frodo RB deck, and with ARBs they should be using The One Ring, The Ring of Rings.

I can only see hobbits using it, and we don’t want them getting more powerful. Evil or Very Mad
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:03 pm
I’d use it with ARB’s, since you don’t have to add burdens to prevent wounds.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards