LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:37 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Dáin’s DC Duos #237

Well, now that the Orc culture is all wrapped up, and the last of Lasting Alliancessites have been posted, all that’s left is to clean up the set, and the massive DC set will be complete!

Well, except for one culture that gets a thin slice of the set. You didn’t think I could post a set that contained material from the War of the Last Alliance without at least a COUPLE Sauron cards, did you? Twisted Evil Enjoy!

18Sauron, Lord of Barad-dûr Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 22
Vitality: 5
Site: 6
Damage +1. Fierce.
Sauron’s twilight cost is -1 for each burden and artifact you can spot.
When you play Sauron, you may play an artifact or possession on him from your draw deck.
Each minion is strength +2.
“And while he wore the One Ring he could perceive all the things that were done by means of the lesser rings, and he could see and govern the very thoughts of those that wore them.”

0Sceptre of the Dark Lord, Sauron’s Mace Sauron
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be a Sauron minion with strength of 16 or more. Discard all other weapons borne by bearer. Bearer may not bear other weapons.
Bearer is damage +1.
If bearer is Sauron, each time the Free Peoples player assigns him to a skirmish, any Shadow player may assign another unassigned companion to that skirmish.
“Many quailed before him. Sauron bore with him an ancient mace of great size....”

4 To Rule Them All Sauron
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
To play, spot 3 Orcs, 2 Sauron minions, or Sauron.
Add 1 or a threat for each site you control, companion or ally you have captured, and exhausted companion you can spot.
“‘One by one, the free lands of Middle-Earth fell to the power of the Ring....’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue May 29, 2007 12:38 pm; edited 8 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:47 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion • Maia
Damage +2. Fierce.
When you play Sauron, you may play an artifact or possession on him from your draw deck.
“And while he wore the One Ring he could perceive all the things that were done by means of the lesser rings, and he could see and govern the very thoughts of those that wore them.”

I would raise his strength to 24 and make him damage +1. Neat card! Very Happy

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be a Sauron minion with strength of at least 16. Bearer must discard all other weapons.
Unless bearer is Sauron, bearer is damage +1.
Assignment: If bearer is Sauron, he may be assigned to two characters.
“Many quailed before him. Sauron bore with him an ancient mace of great size....”

"...with strength of 16 or more. Other weapons borne by bearer must be discarded." I think it’s a bit overpowered. I would drop the damage bonus and drop the strength bonus to 2.
Smile
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Add 1 or a threat for each site you control, companion or ally you have captured, and exhausted companion you can spot.
“‘One by one, the free lands of Middle-Earth fell to the power of the Ring....’”

Sweet! GP
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:54 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #237

Well, now that the Orc culture is all wrapped up, and the last of Lasting Alliancessites have been posted, all that’s left is to clean up the set, and the massive DC set will be complete!
and i have gotten my last reviews in Wink Razz

Minion • Maia
Damage +2. Fierce.
whoa! that minion ability is pretty nice. up cost to 20-23.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be a Sauron minion with strength of at least 16. Bearer must discard all other weapons.
so the freeps could assign him to two or you could?

Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.

nice!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:14 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #237

Well, except for one culture that gets a thin slice of the set. You didn’t think I could post a set that contained material from the War of the Last Alliance without at least a COUPLE Sauron cards, did you? Twisted Evil Enjoy!

Minion • Maia
Damage +2. Fierce.
Dang! The ability to grap the scepter real easy. I’d bring him down to just damage +1, personally, but besides that, really good!

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
I’d never use this on Sauron, really. No D+1 and two companions to beat on him? Not woth it for a measly 3 strength.

Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.
Nice.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:36 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #237

Minion • Maia
Damage +2. Fierce.

Very very cool, but I’d take his damage down 1.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3

Add ’If bearer is Sauron, he is strength +2’ (or make the damage bonus count for Sauron as well) and take out the ’If bearer is Sauron’ from the assignment action and I’d say it was fantastic.

Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.

ROCKING!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
NBarden
Posted: Fri May 25, 2007 8:42 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #237

Minion • Maia
Damage +2. Fierce.

Nice. Somewhat OP, up the twilight cost.

Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3

Interesting. Maybe assign two characters to skirmish him. Obvious Sauron, Dark Lord of Mordor combo here, play him in a swarm and clog two comps.

Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.

Nice. Capturing is broken, I’m gonna say it till you get it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:49 pm
Thanks for the reviews, all. I made some changes to Sauron and his mace, and I’m in the process of awarding GPs to everyone who reviewed. Thanks again!
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:58 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Minion • Maia
Damage +1. Fierce.

Whoa...can you say "powerful!"? That boosts himself, too...that’s a 24/5 minion for around 12 or so...okay, I guess it’s balanced. Still very powerful.
Quote:
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be a Sauron minion with strength of 16 or more. Other weapons borne by bearer must be discarded.
Bearer is damage +1.
Assignment: If bearer is Sauron, you may assign him to two characters.

Um...that’s unbelievably overpowered. Instant death to two allies, or instant death to two weak links in the chain. That’s insanely powerful. Please add a cost to the Assignment ability.
Quote:
Event • Maneuver
Toil 1.

Nicely done.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:34 pm
Make a subtle but important tweak to the Sceptre...better now?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:56 am
You should make it clear how the assignment thing works. Is it built so that the Free Peoples player can gang up on him, or so that he can slaughter 2 characters at once?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards