LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:43 pm
If Aragorn, Guide and Protector is assigned to a skirmish, and somebody else is and you’re doing that somebody else’s skirmish first, can you play a skirmish event during that somebody else’s skirmish and exert Aragorn to wound the minion that’s assigned to him? Or do you have to wait until you play Free Peoples events during Aragorn’s skirmish? GP for a quick, correct answer.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:45 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
It doesn’t say it must be played in his skirmish, so I believe that any skirmish event played in ANY skirmish before his is resolved would allow you to use his text.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:50 pm
Thanks for the quick response Dain, but I’d like to get a second opinion. I’ll award you both GP if the correct ruling is reached. Reason I’m asking is I’m planning a 9 walkers Shadows block deck, and I had used this Aragorn before against an opponent who had an exhausted minion assigned to him. I did another companion’s skirmish, and I played a skirmish event during that companion’s skirmish, and I said I could wound the minion that’s assigned to Aragorn. He said I couldn’t, because I wasn’t -skirmishing- or doing his skirmish at the time, and a tournament director agreed with him. All that resulted was a waste of events in my hand. But it would have allowed me to double move if I could have done it the way I think it’s played.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:03 pm
He is correct. Aragorn is not skirmishing a minion until his skirmish, so you cannot use his text until his skirmish.

Assigned to a skirmish and skirmishing are not the same. A companion can be assigned to a skirmish, yet is not skirmishing until his skirmish. Same with the question on the Gondor Bow/Fourth Level question from TheJord.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:08 pm
Ah, that’s very true. I missed that part and just focused on the "Each time a Free Peoples skirmish event is played" part. Oops.

Sorry to lead you astray there. Embarassed

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:10 pm
Check this link.

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3638

TheJord’s question on Fourth Level/Gondor Bow to kill a Cantea.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:15 pm
Thankyou both. I’ve awarded you GP, now hmm...I wonder what events I can play during Aragorn’s skirmish that will help another companion...intriguing! Think
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:30 pm
Trust makes for a nice combo, since you can use it to heal Aragorn and basically get his exertion for free. Smile Mortal Men and Great Gate can tack an exertion on before the wound and essentially make Aragorn damage +1.

AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 5:19 pm
NBarden is correct. Here’s another thread where this was discussed:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2766

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Mortal Men and Great Gate can tack an exertion on before the wound and essentially make Aragorn damage +1.

Sweet! Mortal Men + Aragorn, GaP is an awesome combo for a Doom Drove Them deck...
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions