LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
What should be done about Elven Armaments?

X it  
13%
  [ 4 ]  13%

Leave it  
37%
  [ 11 ]  37%

R it in expanded play  
10%
  [ 3 ]  10%

Ignore the last sentence  
13%
  [ 4 ]  13%

Change the last sentence to Both the fellowship and minion archery totals are -3  
20%
  [ 6 ]  20%

Make it unique  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 29
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:40 pm
I disagree. It completely shuts down MOria Archery, Uruk-Hai Archery, and Men archery. Moria and Uruk-Hai can still run, but with Men archery, it’s complete archery 100%, if the archery is shut down, you have no chance.

So I think that my errata works.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
wraithsonwings
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:44 pm
thats why you use Mumak Rider’s to get rid of them.
"We travel light, Let's hunt some Orc".
locutusaborg
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:57 pm
i also agree that it is fine and not overly broken, powerful yes but not broken, yes it does kill archery shadows but lets be real here it also kills elven archery and Eowyn decks not to mention the various other elf decks out there that rely or utilize the archery phase in one way or another. shadow players may not agree but it gives fighting elves a different typ of deck.
if you wanna make any erreta then make it unique that way when you do discard it ( and it can be done) you dont have to worry about other copies in play for that turn ( or maybe more)
Foresight
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:06 pm
wraithsonwings wrote:
thats why you use Mumak Rider’s to get rid of them.

Then they can just keep using Elrond, Witness to History to pull them back.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
locutusaborg
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:08 pm
whistling death takes care of him since he has to fight to use his ability which he exerts for ( RR works also to shut him down)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 8:28 pm
I think it oughta drop the last sentence. That way it’s still a good card (+2 strength and extra vitality) but it’s not overly powerful (and it doesn’t shut down Moria archery, Isengard archery, or Raider archery).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 11:02 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Forced March, Orkish Lackey, and Destroyers and Usurpers do not need to be X-ed. Just because you hate Orc doesn’t mean you can shred it with an X-list.

You’re X-ing Orkish Smith. That’s good. It also means that now you can’t use Forced March as well. That’s also good. Which means that Forced March is still okay. Nobody was raising a stink about it before.

Lackey goes along with the Smith X-ing. I think the only thing that needs to be done about him is to make him unique. A sort of errata, if you will. That’ll tone down his ability. And if Orc conditions can’t be fetched back, that’s fine. Makes this guy harder to use. Especially against cards like Namarie.

Destroyers and Usurpers DOES NOT need to be X-ed! All you need to do is errata it with cultural enforcement. Look, Whisper in the Dark is much more powerful that D&U, without cultural enforcement. Yet you errataed Whisper and want to X D&U. Just give it enforcement, it’ll be all right. Besides, how many D+1 decks do you run, really?

Elven Armaments, I dunno. I think it’s balanced as-is. Okay, so maybe restrict it for Expanded. But not in Standard. R-list in Expanded, fine for Standard ought to be good enough. Because the only Standard archery it shuts down (Men) is easily countered.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Thranduil
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:11 pm
NB, thanks for all your work, and I never said you weren’t organised! We’ll certainly use your ideas as we go through it card by card.

The poll for Elven Armaments will be ready in a second.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:21 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Elven Armaments, I dunno. I think it’s balanced as-is. Okay, so maybe restrict it for Expanded. But not in Standard. R-list in Expanded, fine for Standard ought to be good enough. Because the only Standard archery it shuts down (Men) is easily countered.

I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Let me get this straight, you think a card that can COMPLETELY shut down Moria, Men, Raider and any other type of archery is fair?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
PorterTroll wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Let me get this straight, you think a card that can COMPLETELY shut down Moria, [evil men], Raider and any other type of archery is fair?

Note that it also COMPLETELY shuts down all Freeps archery, including the most potent card out there, Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow. Fair? Who said fairness was a standard in LOTR? Is Cavern Entrance fair? How about the previously mentioned Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow? Or any card which helps a strategy in any way, for that matter? Was Sword of the Fallen fair?

"Fair" is when you run nine companions down the site path with no cards in your deck, no cards in your hand, against an opponent whose deck only includes minions. No enhancements for anybody, just plain companion vs. minion.

I also recommended an R-listing in Expanded, where Moria, Isengard, and Raider archeries are the most potent. Men archery is shut down, but it already comes with built-in counters. Mumak Rider at Foot of Mount Doom, and Elven Armaments is gone for good.

Not to mention that if you want to use EA, you have to either not play possessions on a companion, or use the twilight to transfer that companion’s possessions onto another companion.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit