LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
What should be done about Elven Armaments?

X it  
13%
  [ 4 ]  13%

Leave it  
37%
  [ 11 ]  37%

R it in expanded play  
10%
  [ 3 ]  10%

Ignore the last sentence  
13%
  [ 4 ]  13%

Change the last sentence to Both the fellowship and minion archery totals are -3  
20%
  [ 6 ]  20%

Make it unique  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 29
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:23 pm
CG, you said that transfering EA was a lot to pay for its ability, now I completely disagree with this. At the MOST it will cost two to play on a non unique companion, then another two (during a different shadow phase mind you) to transfer it to say, elrond. I’d say four twilight is a pretty fair cost for invincible protection against all archery with no posession removal, which is all archery except for evil men archery at this time.

By the way, I do think it is funny that all you think I play with is my Troll Swarm deck, but hey, that’s what you get when your username is Porter Troll! Very Happy But in all seriousness, yes, I actually have three archery decks, one that uses evil men archery, one that uses Raider archery (my personal favorite) and one that uses Isengard archery.

Edit: Laughing I just realized, CG and I have been arguing on every thread for almost three days now. Laughing
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:51 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
PorterTroll wrote:
CG, you said that transfering EA was a lot to pay for its ability, now I completely disagree with this. At the MOST it will cost two to play on a non unique companion, then another two (during a different shadow phase mind you) to transfer it to say, elrond. I’d say four twilight is a pretty fair cost for invincible protection against all archery with no posession removal, which is all archery except for evil men archery at this time.

What I meant was transferring all possessions off of a unique companion, because that companion can’t bear possessions. And if you don’t play any possessions on him/her to start with, he/she is basically worthless, since most elves clock in at about 7 or 6 strength.
Quote:
By the way, I do think it is funny that all you think I play with is my Troll Swarm deck, but hey, that’s what you get when your username is Porter Troll! Very Happy But in all seriousness, yes, I actually have three archery decks, one that uses evil men archery, one that uses Raider archery (my personal favorite) and one that uses Isengard archery.

Heh, well, if I had a troll swarm deck, I don’t think I’d play anything else. Laughing
Quote:
Edit: Laughing I just realized, CG and I have been arguing on every thread for almost three days now. Laughing

Wow, you’re right! I really do get into these things, don’t I?

On a completely different topic besides EA, why is Destroyers and Usurpers getting X-ed, while cards like Frenzy of Arrows are errata-ed?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:56 pm
We’re all entitled to our opinions but in the end, the only thing that really matters is what D has to say on the matter. No amount of squabbling or complaining by any of us can change Deciphers call on what will or will not be placed on the X or R lists.

To CG for aiding me in fueling my contentious nature! Cheers
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:01 am
Well, I’m glad we’re so heated on all this. I wasn’t quite expecting such a massive arguments in response. Shocked

Are there any more votes on this?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:01 am
It looks like the public has spoken. Smile
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:07 am
I think it’s definitely balanced in Standard format since Men archery can kill it, but in Expanded something’s gotta be done.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:11 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I think it’s definitely balanced in Standard format since Men archery can kill it, but in Expanded something’s gotta be done.

- AC

I wholly agree, Raider, Moria, and Isengard archery have effectually no way to combat this cards ability to skip the archery phase. It must be X’ed in Expanded and then everything will be fair. I don’t even play expanded, so as long as it’s X’ed in standard it’s all good for me! Very Happy
Last edited by PorterTroll on Wed May 30, 2007 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:12 am
Yes! I completely agree. A simple X-ing in Expanded format makes it perfect (cards aren’t X-ed in Open, and Movie Block only has cards from sets 1-10).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Yes! I completely agree. A simple X-ing in Expanded format makes it perfect (cards aren’t X-ed in Open, and Movie Block only has cards from sets 1-10).

- AC

in open just use fruit loops Wink anyway yes I agree with AC
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
sdpsc
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:46 pm
What about a change such as this:

Change the last line to:

"While a unique companion bears this possession, both the fellowship and minion archery totals are -1."

Just a -1 for one card. In order to turn it into a major effect, you’d have to have out multiple copies.

Or maybe that wouldn’t work, but I thought I’d throw it out there anyway.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit