LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
What should be done about Elven Armaments?

X it  
13%
  [ 4 ]  13%

Leave it  
37%
  [ 11 ]  37%

R it in expanded play  
10%
  [ 3 ]  10%

Ignore the last sentence  
13%
  [ 4 ]  13%

Change the last sentence to Both the fellowship and minion archery totals are -3  
20%
  [ 6 ]  20%

Make it unique  
3%
  [ 1 ]  3%

Total Votes : 29
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:18 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
It looks like the public has spoken. Smile

Yeah, no kidding. Although I do think an Expanded restriction or X-ing is in order. But not until the rest of the set is seen.

sdpsc, a change like that would essentially make this card inferior to cards like Shield of the White Tree. The drawback of not bearing possessions would make it rather weak.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:27 pm
My Vote wrote:
Change the last sentence to Both the fellowship and minion archery totals are -3

Just make it reduce both archery totals, that way the entire phase isn’t skipped! It gives the shadow player a chance to do things such as Rapid Reload to you, as well as the Free Peoples getting a chance to use Legolas, Of the Grey Company’s text. It would not be broken if it was just errata’d to have this instead of skipping the archery phase.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Thranduil
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:27 pm
Nevertheless, the result of this poll is clear.

Unofficial Cobracards Errata #1
Elven Armaments
It is to be left as printed.

A large proportion of LOTR’s serious players have now reached a consensus, and it makes sense to follow it in non-casual play.

The post for the next card will begin shortly.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:55 pm
The thing is, the majority of people think that something needs to happen to the card. The problem is that you gave 5 options for changing it and only 1 for keeping it as it is, so the way you’re doing things it’s going to be hard for any change to happen, unless you realize that more people are for changing it than for keeping it.

And I for one think that in a case like this, it’s easier to X-list it or R-list it rather than add a line of text. Imagine if all the X-ed and R-ed cards had erratas instead... ugh... it’d just be too hard to remember. And so my suggestion for this card is to X-list it in Expanded, and leave it as it is in all other formats.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:17 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
And so my suggestion for this card is to X-list it in Expanded, and leave it as it is in all other formats.

I’d say X-list it completely, since even in the block or standard formats, it is devastating. It shuts down Men archery, Raider archery, ect. If it can’t recieve errata, then it definately does not need to be in any sort of gameplay where it completely shuts down decks for only 2. Not ALL decks are afflicted by this card, but it certainly does create quite an NPE for someone who IS using an archery-based minion side.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:37 pm
Foresight wrote:
I’d say X-list it completely, since even in the block or standard formats, it is devastating.

What archery decks are there in Standard format besides Men? None really, except for maybe Wraith Orc archery (and I’ve personally never seen a deck like this in real life) and then there are a few Standard format Raider archers. But in reality, Standard format only has one effective archery deck: Men. And any Men archery deck worth its salt should have Mumak Rider (preferably x4), so they have a way to deal with it.

And the only block format it is legal in is Hunters block, which has basically no archery cards (except for Frenzy of Arrows which is overpowered anyways).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:54 pm
And the elves have Elrond, Witness to History to deal with them. Confused
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:57 pm
Elrond can’t exert if he’s exhausted (or at Cavern Entrance). Wink

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:08 pm
And the Mumak Rider can’t discard Elven Armaments unless he’s at a battleground or plains site. Wink
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:00 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
The thing is, the majority of people think that something needs to happen to the card. The problem is that you gave 5 options for changing it and only 1 for keeping it as it is, so the way you’re doing things it’s going to be hard for any change to happen, unless you realize that more people are for changing it than for keeping it.

- AC

You’re right, I hadn’t thought of it like that. However, the group that does not want to change cards should have their opinion heard, and if the rest of us can’t agree on a single strategy, that’s our problem.
Any concrete suggestions on how to deal with this?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit