LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

18%
  [ 2 ]  18%

27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

1 (Worst)  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

Total Votes : 11
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:25 pm
I think he means darkblast... I mean hey! if it can kill a birds of paradise it can kil a rumbling slum, right?
Silver Sniper
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:22 am
La_Sin_Grail wrote:
I think he means darkblast... I mean hey! if it can kill a birds of paradise it can kil a rumbling slum, right?

Haha. No I meant Grave Pact, Savra and the awesome combination of the Woebringer Demon and Golgari Thug. ’Cycling’ in the sense that the cards you sacrifice are dredgeable and arrive back in your hand, meantime your opponent is losing creatures faster than he can play them. That is THE MAIN win condition of this deck, (and it probably needs to be tightened I have to admit)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:26 am
See the thing you forget is that all good decks play something like naturalize, permanent steal of some sort, mortify, etc that will make you not have pact. If you had eight enchantments, all of which were vital, you could have a far better shot at keeping pact. The whole deck just seems a little slow to me..
inresponse
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:46 pm
I think pact is reasonable becasue the decksit is good against don’t play that removal, the only problem is that to play effectively with pact you need way more sac outlets or to have a deck built aroundit.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:30 pm
Agreed, pact is good against decks that don’t play removal... you’ll have to forgive me, I assume every deck is intended for tourneys unless it says it’s casual.
Silver Sniper
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:36 pm
Thanks In-response. Sac outlets are a must and its a difficult taks to balance them all out for TOURNAMENTS

La_Sin_Grail wrote:
Agreed, pact is good against decks that don’t play removal... you’ll have to forgive me, I assume every deck is intended for tourneys unless it says it’s casual.

As for this!?!? That’s the most pretentious comment I’ve seen all week. Sorry for wasting your time La Sin Grail. I’ll sure you’d rather be discussing Greater Good/Gifts and every other deck that has already been built.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:54 pm
Tournament decks have some sort of removal. I’m not sure how that’s pretentious- it wasn’t intended to be so. What my comment was meant to be was a reminder that you can’t test against fish- you need to test against the heavy hitters of standard- emminent domain, ghazi-glare, and URG wildfire- all the top decks. At a real tourney, decks have removal... so saying you won’t play removal is saying you won’t play in a tourney.

I don’t like netdecking. You’ll see my ideas in the genju deck (or my landkilling deck, or my tri-color weenie control deck which sucked out..). I’m not saying it’s perfect, but I’m saying I (and every other green deck) play naturalize, W/B plays mortify, and blue will play steal spells. There will be removal, and assuming there isn’t means insufficient playtesting or playtesting against the wrong things.

Also, expect there to be extra enchantment hate with ghazi glare right now- you need an answer to them blowing up your enchantments because if you face a good deck, it will be able to.
T2_Fr33K
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:16 pm
Wow, Grail was mean. Wow, no removal is oblivious. Just don’t get shocked at my four copies of naturalize in any deck ever that even thinks about being green.
inresponse
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:24 pm
I do not think that word means what you think it means.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:04 pm
You asked if switching out moldervine cloak for warhammer is a good idea against my deck. Now, think about it. My deck is based around removal, right? So you can make me kill something on demand with cloak- you can pick the target. If you use warhammer, you’ll be too slow. The other problem is if cloak resolves, I’m in a world of hurt. If the hammer equips, I’m more than happy to leave it alone until it becomes an issue. The toughness is what matters against a burn-based deck, and you won’t be getting any from hammer.

In general, moldervine cloak is incredible. It won me three games in a sealed tournament yesterday pretty much alone because you throw it on any creature and it’s instantly buffage.

To in response: Yeah... um Freek is the kind of guy who kicks my butt in smarts and I’m a junior in Calc C. Just throwing that out there. Maybe you need to read more closely. He said assuming no removal is oblivious, meaning the act of ignoring the necessity for removal would be. I think it does mean what he thinks it means.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest