LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
legoles3333
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:24 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
ok so you have on the table, a forced march and 2 goblin hordes, you play 2 orc miscreants, 2 relentless wargs on them, a strange looking men a pavise on him, and 2 Skulking goblins, assuming you survive until the regroup phase, you exert both orc miscreants 4 times adding 8 burdens, if the ring-bearer isn’t corrupt, he will be soon, you throw both wargs onto the goblins with SLM thus killing both Orc miscreants, you use forced march to make them move again, pull both miscreants back, throw the wargs back on one of them then repeat, which adds 14 burdens for the small price of about 25 twilight, which is possible in some orc decks, so there is another reason that the Orc culture is broken
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:26 pm
Strange-looking Men only works in maneuver. And if the Free Peoples player gives out all that twilight, they’ll probably have something to counter you.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:27 pm
Actually, doesn’t work. SLM triggers in the maneuver phase. However, it would work if you had two Miscreants in the discard pile. But the key here is assuming you survive to regroup phase, which is unlikely.

Orcs are broken, but not in this case. What’s broken in this case is using Gothmog to bring back 4 Orc Miscreant, Forced March them, and then using the 3 archery Gothmog generates to kill 3 of them off and repeat.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
legoles3333
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:28 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
really, ive been cheating my bro for a while then, i thought it was regroup oh well now i know
Here's My Trade List
legoles3333
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:57 pm
ok how about this then, an expanded version, 4 goblin hordes, 1 retribution, 2 Scurrying Goblin, 4 orc miscreant, 1 is bearing a orc spear, on the table in your hand you have a massing strength in hand, you discard both Scurrying Goblin with massing strength, making all orcs strength +6, you win with the guy using the spear, add a burden, add 8 burdens in the regroup phase, and are able to do that almost every turn, now that is broken
Last edited by legoles3333 on Tue May 29, 2007 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in totalHere's My Trade List
BattleWarg
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:03 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
ok how about this then, an expanded version 1 forced march, 4 goblin hordes, 1 retribution, 2 Scurrying Goblin, 4 orc miscreant, 1 is bearing a orc spear, on the table in your hand you have a massing strength in hand, you discard both Scurrying Goblin with massing strength, making all orcs strength +4, you win with the guy using the Scimitar, add a burden, add 8 burdens in the regroup phase, and are able to do that almost every turn, now that is broken

Umm... by "Scimitar" do you mean Orc Spear? And how do you get +4 strength using massing strength? Wouldn’t it make a single orc strength +6 (possibly 2 orcs strength +3)?

Not to mention for each of these, you’ld need a specific 8 cards (for this one, all 4 copies of one, 2 copies of another) unless you move again. Also, why does it matter if you have Forced March/Goblin Hordes for this?
Once you exert your miscreants, you can only do it again if they stop first. Otherwise you have 4 exhausted minions in play.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
legoles3333
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:08 pm
BattleWarg wrote:
legoles3333 wrote:
ok how about this then, an expanded version 1 forced march, 4 goblin hordes, 1 retribution, 2 Scurrying Goblin, 4 orc miscreant, 1 is bearing a orc spear, on the table in your hand you have a massing strength in hand, you discard both Scurrying Goblin with massing strength, making all orcs strength +4, you win with the guy using the Scimitar, add a burden, add 8 burdens in the regroup phase, and are able to do that almost every turn, now that is broken

Umm... by "Scimitar" do you mean Orc Spear? And how do you get +4 strength using massing strength? Wouldn’t it make a single orc strength +6 (possibly 2 orcs strength +3)?

Not to mention for each of these, you’ld need a specific 8 cards (for this one, all 4 copies of one, 2 copies of another) unless you move again. Also, why does it matter if you have Forced March/Goblin Hordes for this?
Once you exert your miscreants, you can only do it again if they stop first. Otherwise you have 4 exhausted minions in play.

yes i meant the spear, no you dont need forced march, i was just showing the hordes possibilaty,
Here's My Trade List
mm doughnuts
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:11 pm
and then there will likely be wounds on all your miscreants when 2 are only strength 8. Its very unlikely you’ll get them all to the regroup phase unharmed, but it still will probably add quite a few burdens. X the smith, then we can discard orc conditions like normal.
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:30 pm
legoles3333 wrote:
discard both Scurrying Goblin with massing strength, making all orcs strength +6

That would make one Orc strength +6, not all Orcs. Re-read Massing Strength.

I’m tired of people whining about the Orc culture...

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:58 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
legoles3333 wrote:
discard both Scurrying Goblin with massing strength, making all orcs strength +6

That would make one Orc strength +6, not all Orcs. Re-read Massing Strength.

I’m tired of people whining about the Orc culture...

- AC

I agree entirely Applause

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion