LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
NBarden
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:47 pm
Its completely fine. Other than an extremely broken combo with Erkenbrand’s Horn, there’s no reason to ban it. Just ban Erkenbrand’s Horn.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:10 pm
I see nothing wrong with this card.
mm doughnuts
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:41 pm
Um AC, Thranduil meant it would be broken because you could discard shadow conditions; but that’s not really comparable IMHO, because that one shadow follower isn’t nearly as important as conditions. I say leave it as it is.
Only those who are awesome are able to comprehend the sheer super-special-awesomeness of this signature.
Trade With Me!
Foresight
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:13 pm
This card is totally not broken, the card that IS broken however, is Beorning Axe. That one needs uniqueness. Thumbs Up
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:39 pm
mm doughnuts wrote:
Um AC, Thranduil meant it would be broken because you could discard shadow conditions; but that’s not really comparable IMHO, because that one shadow follower isn’t nearly as important as conditions. I say leave it as it is.

Oh, I see. But the comparison is kinda wacky since there are tons of Shadow conditions compared to one Shadow follower.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:05 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Foresight wrote:
This card is totally not broken, the card that IS broken however, is Beorning Axe. That one needs uniqueness. Thumbs Up

And why? Gandalf men need beef! Beorning Axe was just what they needed!

This card needs no banning or errata.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
FortunesRazor
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:40 pm
I think this is fine too. I see that it doesn’t have cultural reinforcement that could be a problem but unless since they won’t be making anymore followers unless there’s something in age’s end I think it will be okay.
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:14 am
Out of all the other cards you could have picked Thranduil this isnt near the most broken, its fine. I suggest you jump straight into destroyers and usurpers or something. Mind you that just needs straight x-ing.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 4:03 am
OK, I concede defeat, but depending on our decisions on the horns, whisper in the dark and frenzy of arrows, I may come back to it.

Next card will begin shortly.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Queleri
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:23 am
I don’t think this card really needs anything done to it. It has several enforcers built into it.

First it’s a companion, meaning that he can be targeted with direct wounding or exertions such as Mumak Commander to make him easier to kill. He’s Unique so you can only have 1 in play.

Bill Ferny is another option, the shadow player can always assign Bill to this guy to try killing him which prevents him from being played again.

Then there is the matter of spotting tokens. There are numerous shadow cards that can remove tokens which make this card lose the strength bonus.

Either way I say this guy can stay as is.
Have/Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit