LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
LeoKula
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:41 am
Nowadays every single card is seen as broken or needing errata... you can find at least one person saying "this is completely broken" in most spoiler posts. And I don’t think this will change anything, the game is what it is, speially now that it’s ending, I don’t think decipher cares about how "broken" cards are. If you think it’s broken or there’s something terribly wrong about a card or set, just avoid playing with it and playing with people who play with it, since official tournaments won’t be a bother anymore, people can just make they’re own format and just have fun.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:14 pm
LeoKula wrote:
Nowadays every single card is seen as broken or needing errata... you can find at least one person saying "this is completely broken" in most spoiler posts. And I don’t think this will change anything, the game is what it is, speially now that it’s ending, I don’t think decipher cares about how "broken" cards are. If you think it’s broken or there’s something terribly wrong about a card or set, just avoid playing with it and playing with people who play with it, since official tournaments won’t be a bother anymore, people can just make they’re own format and just have fun.

You’re right, Decipher doesn’t care about how broken these cards are, but we’re doing this because we do. It’s much easier and more sensible to have a set of guidelines agreed by a large proportion of the serious LOTR TCG players than for each individual to work it out for themselves, though we’re certainly not stopping people doing that.
We’re just trying to make the game more fun.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
raptor22
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 5:07 pm
Why is Beorning Axe broken, and how would making it unique help?
Thranduil
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:46 am
Foresight wrote:
This card is totally not broken, the card that IS broken however, is Beorning Axe. That one needs uniqueness. Thumbs Up

Unless enough people agree that it is, I wasn’t planning on dealing with it. It’s a very powerful card, yes, but I think perfectly reasonable given the lack of support for the Gandalf men strategy.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:50 am
Gandalf Men have no possessions in standard format. That card is definatly not broken. Ithilien Blade is possibly broken but the axe I say no.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
Juicetr
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:11 am
You’re right, Decipher doesn’t care about how broken these cards are, but we’re doing this because we do. It’s much easier and more sensible to have a set of guidelines agreed by a large proportion of the serious LOTR TCG players than for each individual to work it out for themselves, though we’re certainly not stopping people doing that.
We’re just trying to make the game more fun.

Thranduil[/quote]

Exactly.....it’s not like were going to get any new rules or help from D. They threw in the towel on LOTR....we probably won’t see any support from them as far as card fixes and such.
You look like your smuggling sausages.....just in the wrong places.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
TheShyzle wrote:
Gandalf Men have no possessions in standard format. That card is definatly not broken. Ithilien Blade is possibly broken but the axe I say no.

yeah its not broken at all. it is cool and balanced. IB is semi-broken after the X-listing on madril, but taken care of in standard methinks.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:01 pm
Grimbeorn should be the only one who can bear that axe. Otherwise, you’ve got 4 vitality, 8 strength companions BASE. With all the junk that boosts Gandalf men that we see presently, it all combines into something that is only seen in ent decks minus the twilight pool flooding. OP.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:19 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Foresight wrote:
Grimbeorn should be the only one who can bear that axe. Otherwise, you’ve got 4 vitality, 8 strength companions BASE.

Base? No, "Base" is the unenhanced strength values of a companion. And...I think that Beorning Axe only makes those Gandalf men Vitality 4, Strength 7. Is Aragorn a broken card?
Quote:
With all the junk that boosts Gandalf men that we see presently, it all combines into something that is only seen in ent decks minus the twilight pool flooding. OP.

The culture has been non-competitive for forever, and it’s only just finally getting what it needs to be playable. And whatever Gandalf men are getting, Gondor got it first. Are all Gondor companions broken?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Anautikus
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:18 am
here here.

gandalf men are finally becoming a force to be reckoned with.
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit