LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
Which approach do we take for this card? (see page 3 for details on the voting)

Leave it  
7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

X it  
46%
  [ 6 ]  46%

Change it  
46%
  [ 6 ]  46%

Total Votes : 13
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:51 am
Queleri’s idea is the only errata I really like, but I would prefer for it to be X-ed in Standard and either X-ed or R-ed in Expanded.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:18 am
X it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Thranduil
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:10 pm
There’s little point in going through this process if we’re just going to end up X-ing the cards. The whole idea is that we try and rescue cards to make the game more interesting and to remove brokenness.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I like Queleri’s idea.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:17 pm
D should definitely X this card in standard play and R it in expanded, as for open, I don’t play it so I couldn’t care less what they do with it there.
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:22 pm
Just add: "Discard this condition." as the last sentence. That would fix the whole card right there. Makes them add 2 threats, it only lasts one site, and it’s gone after usage. That right there would make it a whole heck of a lot more balanced than "have it on the table when needed".
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but then you could still use it 4 times, and recur it with on your doorstep.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Foresight
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:30 pm
Which would actually cost deckspace, unlike "Oh, one card, all special abilities problems solved!"
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:46 pm
yes, but still it would eliminate all abilities. for say 8 sites
"DáinIronfoot"
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:58 pm
It’s an ace in the hole card that completely disarms every shadow side (even archery since it takes place in the maneuver) and only downside is two threats. Yes, many minion cultures can add threats, but Gandalf can remove them. The fact is, even using the effect of this card only three or four times in a game can COMPLETELY screw over a well planned out shadow strike.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit