LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:48 pm
In the deep of the night, Sauron received word that a band of Men and Elves were camped at the foot of the mountain that some Orcs had been to scout. A handful of Orcs had broken off from the main body and ventured down the mountain, and were quickly slain thanks to the vigilance of the Elves.

Sauron sneered to himself. Suddenly, a black shadow loomed up behind him. Turning, he saw his master. “My lord Morgoth,” he said, bowing low. “Word has come that some Orcs have been killed at the foot of the mountain. A group of Men and Elves was camped there.”

Morgoth smiled. “Everything is happening according to plan, then.”

“Yes, my lord,” replied Sauron. “The second step of our plan must now begin.”

By dawn, an assembly of nearly two thousand Orcs was prepared to move to the base of the mountain. Meanwhile, three thousand Orcs would head to the peak of the mountain. The company of Men and Elves would be trapped. Retreating further into the mountain range was impossible; going up the mountain, they would meet three thousand Orcs. Going down, two thousand Orcs would hinder them.

And if they moved to the plain, the army that waited for them there numbered over forty thousand.
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:34 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tufian put his bow over his shoulder. He Looked at Kvam and said chose 3 I will choose 2. Tufian soon had his 2 chosen, an elven archer and a Swordsman. Kvam came back with his 3, 2 archers, one man one elf, and an elven swordsman.

Tufian knew they needed to travel light so got rid of his bow and armor. They were soon on their way, several hours passed without incident, and he had sent Kvam, and the 2 men who were getting tired back to report to Finalfyyn. Then he saw a fire up ahead. The 3 elves and him slowly crept forward bows at the ready. They saw 12 orcs clustered around a fire, feasting on...an orc. Tufian looked away in disgust and muttered "cannibals". Let us send these creatures to the pit he said to the elves. The twang of the bows startled the orcs, 10 of them, the other 2 fell back arrows protruding from their chests. the orcs rushed at them and weathered another volly. By the time the next one came they were prepared for it and only 1 fell.

The elven archers next to Tufian were barely prepared, trying to get off another shot and it was up to him and the swordself to hold off the orcs. "3 for each with an extra" he thought as he attacked the left three. He thrust with his spear The orc sidestepped and leered at him as it drew back its arm to throw a dagger, then his spear cut it in half. The other orcs were almost on him, he threw the spear into one, and the other leapt at him, He dodged, but had no weapon in his arm. The orc thrust forward with his sword, too far forward, a flick of his arm and the orc was...disarmed. It fell to the ground about to cry out, Tufian knew they couldn’t afford noise and plunged his shield into its neck before it could. The archers were finishing off one, and the swordself had killed the other They carefully crept forward and looked over the other side of the hill, seeing if anyone had heard the noise. What they saw astounded them. nearly 5000 orcs were marching. "We have to get back and tell Finalfyn Hurry!"
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
ingold55
Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:47 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Fingyl was on full alert. All the man that had listened to him had sharpened their swords, put on armor, grabbed their bows and were forming into squads. Fingyl was the unofficial captain, of the ’over excited bunch’ as they were called.

Finalfyn was not as worried, though he was wearing a sword. Fingyl approached Finalfyn.
"I know that you are not worried about this small attack, but I fear that we will be attacked soon. Since you are taking no action in this matter as of yet, I am requesting that what troops will rally to me, I will take out and prepare a defence. All the men under my immediate command are prepared, but I know that several more are willing to follow me."
Finalfyn looked down at the map infront of him.
"We are going to make for this pass." He pointed a place on the map, and addressed the other leaders about him. "We should be able to make it by tomorrow night." That commanders had moved out, of the tent before Finalfyn spoke to Fingyl again.

"I realize your fears, but understand this. We have lost several hundred men already. To let you take two or three hundred men would damage moral. I am sorry, but I won’t let you take the other men. If you feel led to take your company, so be it." Fingyl realized the discussion was over. He turned and walked out in a fiery anger.

Fingyl called the group to him. "Finalfyn is allowing me to take only my troops out and prepare. So to my company, prepare to move. To the rest of you, keep trying to rally more men to the situation. Build what defences you can, you are the main defence this camp has for now.

Moving swiftly, Fingyl and his band of one hundred men filed out into the night. Fingyl had trained his men to be warriors. They were probably the most experienced warriors there were in the camp, now they were leaving to help protect it. As they walked, they watched for places the could use to fight from. The began moving towards the mountains. While moving up, they saw Tufain running back towards camp, followed by his fellow scouts.

Fingyl called to him, and he came over to the larger company. "Orcs, thousands of them, they are not five minutes behind us!"
"Sorry to detain you, move fast and warn the camp. You may be the last elf I see, tell Finalfyn this, I am not deserting, but protecting. My company MOVE!" The elves began running. They moved to a hill where there were several loose bolders; then they saw them, hundreds of them, orcs as far as one could see, and they kept coming. Fingyl took his bow fit an arrow and fired into the rock wall. The result was a large rock slide, which cut the orc lines in half.

The orcs looked about in complete bewilderment. Who was this enemy that caused this? In seconds, the orc lines were moving again pouring over the newly made hill. They would be at the camp in a matter of minutes, they elves would have no time to prepare.

Clutching his bow and closing his eyes, Fingyl made one of the hardest decisions of his life. Jumping up pulled his bowstring back, arrow cocked.
"For the camp!!!" He released his arrow and one hundred and fifty elves followed suit. He had just shown his possition and the possition of his men just to save his friends back at camp.

Orcs fell in a small area, just enough to make a dent in the lines. The orcs took up a cry of rage, and charged the elves. More arrows flew into the orcs as the charged. When the orcs got close, the elves ran farther up the hill and the orcs followed. The elves had run turned fired, and followed the same process until they came to the top of the hill.

There was a small circle on the mountain surrounded by rocks. The elves took refuge there, they were now trapped. They would the orcs at bay until they ran out of arrows, then they would fight with swords. They had saved their companions in the camp however, and that was reward enough when facing death.

Back at the camp, Tufian had just arrived, when the screams of orcs rose into the air. Fingyl had no doubt just engaged the orcs.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:01 am
Finalfyn heard the roar of battle. No doubt Fingyl had done his job. This battle was no ordinary battle, if the company could not achieve victory, they would suffer not only defeat, but extermination.

Calling his courier, Finalfyn sent him to summon Huor Sirfalas to a council of war. As soon as the courier departed, Finalfyn sprang on the back of a horse and rode over to Celeglin.

"Celeglin. Meet me at the center of the main camp in 10 minutes time. We must hold a council of war."

In 10 minutes time, the captains arrived.

Finalfyn spoke first. "Fingyl has attacked the orcs. His valiant efforts will inflict many casualties and inspire fear in our enemies. His men have done their jobs. But we will not leave them for dead. The orcs outnumber us, but they do not know that. We must make our force appear larger than it is."

"Do you propose splitting our forces?" Celeglin asked.

"Precisely," replied Finalfyn.

"That is a great risk. If they find that we are small band, they will easily overwhelm us if we are divided," Celeglin replied

"They will overwhelm us if we are united as well. This is our only hope. It is but a faint hope, but if we plan the battle well, victory may be ours."

"Huor, you will lead the men in the first assault. Asault them on the side opposite of Fingyl’s band," Finalfyn continued. "Celeglin, you will take half of the elves and attack the western flank. I will attack the eastern flank. By this method, we will surround the enemy, or make them believe they are surrounded. An attack from all four sides will throw the enemy ranks in chaos. We must capitalize upon this. We are not attacking with conventional methods. We must break the enemy lines and then scatter among the enemy, slaying as we go. It is only by throwing our enemy into complete chaos that we can hope to win."

"If this be your council, Finalfyn," Celeglin began, "then we must do everything possible to throw the enemy into confusion. Have a band of fifteen picked archers shoot into the enemy from the mountainside. In the flurry of battle, they will not be noticed, but the terror of unseen arrows will throw the enemy into confusion. This also I council, the men are strong and skilled in he use of the sword. It is wise for they to attack first. But while they begin their attack, the elves must pour in immense volleys of arrows into the orc army, and then fling themselves into the fray. All the while, our picked archers will shoot from the mountainside. The skilled Noldor will be able to distinguish enemy from friend even in the press of battle. With the hail of arrows, and the assault from all four sides, the orcs will lose many numbers, and we may have a hope of victory."

"So be it," commanded Finalfyn. "You have your orders. Be prepared to march at the sound of the horn. The council of war is hereby dismissed."

Finalfyn made his way through the camp, examining the elves. Selecting thirteen of the most skilled archers, he approached Tufian.

"This is our command, Tufian," began Finalfyn. "You will stealthily scale the mountainside until you are directly above the orc army. Do not let yourself be seen until you see three bands attack to the aid of Fingyl. Kill as many orcs as possible. These archers are the most skilled of the Noldor and will be able to distunguish friend from foe in the fray. Kvam will be your secon in command. Take your positions immediately."

Finalfyn returned to the camp and sounded a horn. The elves began to assemble for battle.

The young recruit marched into battle. Remembering the fate of the lone orc the previous night, he clutched his sword in fear, and then relaxed. Surveying the army surrounding him, he knew nothing could stop the machine of war.

Suddenly, a whiz passed near his ear and the orc next to him fell dead. He heard an officer yelling. "Attack you maggots! And keep order scum! Kill the..." and then the voice fell silent. The orc turned, and saw the officer lying on the ground pierced through with an arrow. The orc grasped his curved blade with sweaty palms, and let out a shriek. Despite the fire, the massive army moved forward.

The orc saw an elf with his bow aimed at him. With a shriek, the orc dodged and an arrow caught him in the side. Another whiz, and an arrow slammed into his other side. With a scream of pain, the orc charged an elf. The elf raised his sword and despite a scream and a thrust, the sword came down and the orc felt no more.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:35 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Tufian Rushed off, He saw Kvam come running and quickly briefed him on what they were doing. They rushed to the to the mountain side. Each one of them carried a bow and 50 arrows. Tufian had taken his spear and shield and arrows but no bow. At the top of the mountain were 3 orcs watching the chaos below. Tuilin looked at the archers, "Save your arrows I will deal with these scum" He walked behind the orcs and his best orkish voice said. "A nice battle eh?"
"Aye those elves are trapped and will die like scum."
"Why aren’t you in it"
"Oh we leave the fighting to the less experienced no reason to dirty our hands if we can watch it from up here."
"Thats too bad"
"Why?"
"Because it has come to you."
The orcs didn’t have a chance. The his spear cut the first in half he pushed the second over and the third was staring at him when it was decapitated.
The archers ran up. "Aim carefully he said, try to kill those carrying banners or commanding we only have 750 arrows make everyone count!" He passed out the arrows he had brought and settled to watch and make sure no others came.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:51 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Huor had been ordered by Finalfyn.." lead the men in the first assault. Asault them on the side opposite of Fingyl’s band".
Huor gathered those men who had come,

"Hurry we must make sure that the orcs do not have a chance to focus solely on Fingyl’s group!" "Our sword will wreak havoc on them as the Elves unlease their arrows into these foul orcs! Hurry!!

With that Huor began to run toward the flank of the Orkish army, his Noldor blade in its sheath on his back...
His small company crested a hillock and surveyed the orcs below..
Might as well get the Orcs attention now..
Huor drew his Sword from his back-scabbard and turned to his men...

"Fellow Numenoreans we came to explore the Land of Arda, we have now encountered a foe that would desecrate this land if given the chance, and pollute it with their stench...we must destroy such enemies and this is a time for such a destruction...let us prove that Men can fight and hold their ground against any foe...FORWARD FOR NUMENOR!!!!!!

With that all his company drew their sword and charged forward toward the waiting Orcs....

Huor lead the charge, he whipped his blade through an orcs filthy armor, stabbing another through and drawing the blade out in time to block the blow of a Orc Hammer aimed for his head, with a downward slash he removed that orc’s arm and then its head.
Then the brunt of the battle was upon him and the time for fancy swordplay was over, now was the time for his blade to bite and slash through whatever met its blade, everything was reduced to reacting, logic and thought served no purpose now....
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:54 pm
The elves formed up ranks. Maneuvering around the flanks of the orcs, they waited patiently for their moment to strike. From the south, they saw Huor raise his sword and charge forward, followed closely by his men.

At that moment, Finalfyn raised a horn to his lips and let out a clear long blast. A volley of arrows poured forth from the elven ranks. Finalfyn nocked three arrows to a string and loosed them at the front ranks.

"FIRE AT WILL!" yelled Finalfyn over the shrieks of dying orcs. Arrow after arrow poured forth from the elven ranks. The orcs were pinned to their position by the heavy fire of the elves.

Finalfyn nocked an arrow and loosed it, grasped another arrow and began to nock it, when a large boulder fell next to him, fired by a catapult in the orkish ranks. Dust and dirt enveloped Finalfyn, and he fell to the ground, gashed in the head by a piece of shrapnel. But the sury of battle was upon him now, and nothing could stop him. Rising forward, Finalfyn slung his bow behind his back and unsheathed a pair of long-knives. The knives glinted ni the sunlight, and Finalfyn raised a cry.

"CHARGE!!!!!!!!!" cried Finalfyn, and at that moment, he rushed the enemy lines. The hedge of spears around the orcs were thick, but Finalfyn with a swift motion, lopped off the heads of two of the spears. The blades flashed vigorously, slashing spearheads off of spears with devastating precision. Finally, Finalfyn reached the orcs, and the heads of two of the spearmen flew off.

The elves followed his attack, but the spears of the orcs were still strong. Finalfyn found tyo his despair that he was cut off from his company. A sword came down on his knife, and soon Finalfyn had all he could do to defend himself and keep himself alive.

Suddenly, Finalfyn heard a whiz and a flurry of arrows struck the orcs around him. Tufian was executed his job with devastating accuracy. Finalfyn spun back towards the outer ranks of he orc army, and supported by a devastating fire of fifteen archers, clove a path through the orcs back to his company. The close archer support gave Finalfyn time to sound his horn again and charge the orcs anew. But the orcs fought more obstinately since Finalfyn’s final assault. It seemed that the attack was a failure, and that they would not be able to breach the enemy lines.

Suddenly, a horn blew. A score of orcs fell dead several ranks back. Celeglin had arrived, and thrust his company upon the western flank of the orc army. The men advanced from the south, Fingyl’s elves emerged in the north, Finalfyn from the east, and Celeglin from the west. With a renewed vigour, Finalfyn sheathed his knives and drew out a two-handed sword, and began to cleave a mighty path through the orcs. Tufian’s archers supported the assault, and this time Finalfyn’s company was able to follow. The front ranks of the orc army broke, and the elves surged in through the gaps.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:38 am
“…and the Elves have breached our front line,” the Orc said, as he finished his report to Sauron.

“They give us resistance,” the corrupted Maia said. “It will not last, though.”

Another Orc ran in. “Lord Morgoth requests your presence, my lord,” he said.

“My lord,” said Sauron, bowing low to Morgoth. “We must move fast. The Elves have broken through our front line, and the Orcs there are pinned between the Elves and the Men. Now is the time to unleash our strongest might.”

Morgoth nodded. “Yes, the time has come. Lieutenant, give the orders.”

The Elves had cut a gash in the front line of the attacking Orcs. Led by Finalfyn, the Elves had led a desperate charge. On the Orcs’ flank, a band of Men led by Huor was fighting valiantly. Attacked from two sides, the Orcs panicked. Throwing down their weapons, they ran wildly, trying to escape their attackers that had been easy prey only moments before.

By nightfall, there was not a living Orc on the mountain.

“The assault is ready to be launched, my lord Morgoth,” said Sauron. Morgoth’s mouth twisted into a thin smile. “Very good, lieutenant.”

The moon was rising in the sky. The Elves and Men had built a camp and had counted their losses. Nearly two hundred of their warriors had been slain, and three hundred more were wounded. Their hearts were high, though, at their victory over the Orcs. Suddenly, a light came into the sky. “The dawn already?” said one of the Elves. “Nay, it is only midnight,” another replied.

The light grew brighter. The Elves and Men stared at the ridge of the valley that we were camped in. Hundreds of black shapes became outlined against the light in the sky. “Yrch!” the Elf whispered.

The Orcs suddenly parted their front line, and a ghastly silhouette filled the sky. The thing belched fire, showing its serpentine shape, hideous body, and scaly wings. A Dragon.
I had to put something here.
ingold55
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:56 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
Fingyl looked over the rock he was hiding behind. The majority of orcs were changing possition and were charging the newly arrived elves. Fingyl raised his hand, and ordered the archers to release the rest of the arrows. He then pulled his two Naughrim blades, and charged the orc lines. The rest of his company (what was left) also pulled suit and charged.

Finalfyn was pushing in hard from the left, and Tufian was drawing attention on the right. With one swift movement, Fingyl decapitated an orc captain, and summed up his situation with what little time he had left.

His one hope was to reach Finalfyn or Huor, with what little men he had left. (forty of the origanal one hundred.) A surge of orcs showed a new arrival of enemy troops. Fingyl raised his hand and called in a loud voice.

"Elves, we have faced down the enemy before, we survived upon the hill, we have fought enemy orcs from our friends! Now we must stand once more for them! The orcs pull near, and we have not the strength to face them. But I call on all elves to stand with me!"

Fingyl looked and saw Finalfyn being slowly boxed in by orcs, the other companies were doing a good job of keeping their backs clean. Finalfyn however was beginning surrounded. He and his company would not last long.
Fingyl cried above the noise, "Elves, men, all free peoples! Rally to me; rally to me!!! To Finalfyn!"
With one last surge of effort, Fingyl and his company (along with several other warriors which rallied to him charged toward Finalfyn.

Fingyl busted through the lines, his two swords flashing in the sun. Black blood coated the blade, as he chopped down orc after orc. Fingyl and his company managed to fight to Finalfyn, and bust the orc lines behind Finalfyn.

Fingyl turned to his friend. His eyes burned with fierce determination. Fingyl and Finalfyn now joined forces and fought towards Tufian.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:29 pm
Tufians archers so far had been unnoticed, but as soon as he sent Kvam and two of them for more arrows, he saw 10 orcs climbing up to their position. "blast it all" he muttered. Taking his spear and shield he slowly crept to where they were. As soon as they made it to the top he was on them. 3 were dead before they could even fight back. he brought the rear of his spear into an orcs chin and decapitated it with his shield, spinning his spear around he killed another. Then a flurry of blows fell on him and he barely survived them, taking several minor wounds. Then he fought back and his shield killed one and his spear 2 more. He went back to the archers. and saw that some orcs had seen their position. This time his response was more profane then blast it. Thankfully kvam had come back with the arrows. The orcs had already started scaling the hill, and they didn’t have enough arrows to stop them. Then he saw that Fingyl and Finalfyn were coming to the rescue. the battle was over shortly. The orcs in disorder, most were killed. The losses were heavy, but nothing compared to the orcs losses. then that evening they saw it, more orcs and...a dragon. Tufian knew their soldiers were exhausted. and who of them could take on a dragon? "its at times like these I wish I had an eagle...should we retreat?" he asked Fingyl
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Lord of the Rings Role-Playing